{Nine}

Saturday- March 13, 2019
12:37pm
Omniscient-
Kennedy, Gabriella, Dejuane, Zaire, Bronny, Mikey, and Jaina all sat in the waiting room and everyone was pretty much thinking the same thing.

Was he ok? How did it happen?  Why did it have to happen to him?

The doctors haven't given the group any more information and they've been waiting for almost 2 hours.

Kennedy was an emotional wreck and you could say the same about her bestfriend Gabriella.

The thought of possibly losing this boy crushed their hearts.

Kennedy hasn't known Jalen for a long time over these 5, almost 6, months he made her feel like they had known each other for a lifetime. They talked about things she hadn't even told Bronny or Jaina. Her level of trust for him was through the roof. Kennedy and Jalen's bond and love for each other grew stronger and stronger over the months and if he didn't make it out of this accident she wouldn't be complete without him.

He was her other half.

Her better half.

Kennedy knew that she liked Jalen and had love for him but she didn't know how much she actually loved him until he was put in this
postition. She knew that with her unknown feelings for him it would hurt their friendship. That's why she decided to stay quiet about her feelings instead of making things weird between them like she did on the phone that day.

As for her bestfriend, Gabriella, she was doing even worst then Kennedy.

Everyone knew how close Jalen and Gabriella were and how they were literally brother and sister, without the bloodline. Jalen was Gabriella's diary, big brother, protector, and so much more. Other then Dejuane and now Kennedy, Jalen was the only person who knew about her family life and her abusive mother. Jalen and Dejuane worked their hardest to keep Gabriella's bright smile on her face and it worked. They never failed to make her happy and/or loved. Those two were her everything and now she had Kennedy to add to her list. Jalen was also her support system. He was everyone's support system actually.

Gabriella looked over at her stressed boyfriend, Dejuane, who had his face buried in his hands and gotten even sadder. She knows how close Jalen and Dejuane are, everyone knows.

This was taking a toll on Dejuane too. Jalen was his bestfriend, they were inseparable. If nobody stayed solid Dejuane knew Jalen would. They did everything together and their friendship was perfectly balanced with Dejuane's goofy and troublemaking self and Jalen's overprotective parental side. Jalen helped Dejuane in ways he didn't even know how. He was even helping Dejuane find his father.

Dejuane was born with his mother and father but after 2 years his father was in and out of his life and soon abandoned him. Dejuane wanted closure so he set out a mission to find him. He hasn't had any luck though.

Gabriella had no knowledge of this. Dejuane didn't want to tell her about his 'mission' because he knew that she would want to help and he didn't want to add anymore of that unwanted stress to her shoulders. He knew about Gabriella's mom and he scolded that woman everytime he seen her. He hated how she treated Gabriella and her sisters and he was constantly trying to find them somewhere else to live.

"What happened?" Gabriella asked Dejuane. As soon as he picked his head up his weak red eyes landed on her. "I told you. After we dropped you and Kenn off at her house he drove me up the street to mine. I told him to hit my line once he got home and he never did. I kept calling him but he never answered. The. I got Zaire's call." Dejuane explained.

"He didn't answer for me either...." Bronny said and we all looked up at him. "I tried to apologize and make things right between us for giving him the cold shoulder but he never picked up."