{Twelve}

Monday, March 24, 2019
6:15
Jalen's POV-
I began getting dressed for school and I was kinda in my bag. Usually Kennedy would call me when she was getting ready and we would basically help pick out each other's outfits and just talk about school stuff before we actually got there but she didn't call this morning. When I tried calling her it went straight to voicemail.

I really hope nothings wrong because this isn't like her.

"You're father and I are having a date night tonight so I'm going to need you to watch your sister. That means no leaving the house to hang out with Kennedy." My mom smirked.

"Ok mom." I chuckled. "You didn't say that she couldn't hang out here." I yelled as she walked out of my room.

I didn't even know what to wear today. Usually Kennedy helps me or tells me what to put on but now I'm just standing in my closet like a lost puppy.

I decided to just bum since it was Monday and I had practice today but it's not like I would actually be participating.

I put on a white shirt with black pants and all white forces. I threw my white Olive Rogers sweatshirt over my head and grabbed my backpack.

I made my way downstairs and sat at the table with my little sister as my mom was on the phone talking with SLAM. They want me to come out for the Summer Classic Vol. 2.

Vol. 1 was a movie and I got MVP so this time will definitely be a vibe. It's going to feel good linking with my boys again and playing with them. I haven't talked to Sharife, Dior, BJ, JuJu, Rj, Noah, or Cassius ever since the Combine and they'll most likely be at this event.

I talk to Josh almost ever other day. He's like my basketball bestfriend. He ain't touching me and Dejuane's bond but he's definitely top 3 of my bestfriends.

Y'all probably think I feel some type of way towards Sharife because of Kennedy but I really don't. He's still the bro he just needs to not overstep boundaries. Kennedy is mine now and I know how we coming about each other so I'm not worried about anything.

"Hey NeeNee." I said, to my little sister, Journee, as I began devouring the waffles my mom made me. "Mornin' " She chirped which made me smile. "Are you ready for your first day back?" My stepdad asked me.

"Yea but I don't want a bunch attention just because I was in a accident." I said, already knowing what today was most likely going to be like.

Most likely all the nigga were going to try to dickride and be on some buddy buddy type shit and all the females would be all on me trying to flirt and be on some groupie type time.

As of right now, a lot of people don't know about Kennedy and I being together and we're on the low but that doesn't mean I'm going to entertain these little girls and let them disrespect her by being all on me.

"Yea but soon you'll be back to JG4." My stepdad said making me nod.

"Sometimes I don't want to be JG4 I just wanna be Jalen." I mumbled, causing everything to stop.

"What are you trying to say? You don't want to play basketball anymore? You've worked too hard to stop now." My mom stated.

"No ma. That's not what I meant. All I'm saying is that I just want to be a normal kid sometimes. I can't do anything without it getting out to the media or without someone taking pictures. Literally, Kennedy and I were at Starbucks the other day and somehow a tea page had found a picture of us holding hands." I ranted.

"I love my fans and my supporters but sometimes I just want my privacy." I added, putting my plate in the sink.

"Well you gave that up a long time ago son. You have a bright future ahead of you and I promise it'll all pay off." My mom said, kissing my cheek and I nodded.