{Fourteen}

Saturday-March 29, 2019
1:00pm
Kennedy's POV-
We were all at the cemetery burying my mother. I didn't want to have big funeral because I don't know if I could take all the pressure and we didn't have any other family around here. This burial was just for our closest friends and their family members.

Lebron paid for literally everything. He even paid off our house and he put money in Kamden, Gabriella(who wasn't at the burial due to pregnancy sickness), and I's bank accounts.

I'm so thankful for him, like y'all don't understand.

For some reason the system or CPS never called or came to our house and usually they do that once parents pass away and the kids are left alone but we haven't heard anything.

We had a pastor here to bless over her body, in which Lebron paid for as well. So many tears were dropped today and so many hearts were broken. It seemed like seeing her casket being lowered into the ground gave everyone a wake up call that she was actually gone.

It hit hard once I realized that she was actually gone and that I no longer have parents.

"It's gonna be ok mama." Jalen whispered to me as I burried my face into his chest. "Hopefully." I mumbled.

"It's no hopefully Kenn. I promise everything will be ok. All of us are here for you. I know she's gone but we just have to accept it and move on." Jalen assured causing me to look around at all of my friends.

Bronny stood beside Lebron and Savannah, Gabriella was wrapped in Dejuane's arms, Jalen's parents were standing beside Kamden, Devin, and Daylin, and I was standing next to the love of my life.

"It's easier said than done." I sighed.

"I know but I promise I got you." He said and the first genuine smile in a week appeared on my face. "I love you Kenn." He said.

After thinking about it last night, I realized that Jalen was the one for me. He was my everything. Nobody loved me and made me feel as happy as I did but him and not one person could match that. Not even Bronny. Jalen was the boy that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

"I love you too."

I looked up at him, considering I'm 5'3 and he's 6'5, and saw his adorable pearly whites as he smiled. He turned his face away to hide his roses cheeks and I chuckled.

"You mean it?" He asked. "Of course I do." I smiled and nodded.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I looked back as they began to cover the casket with the soil and nodded. "Yea hold on." I said.

"I walked over to the burial and knelt down to pick of the white rose that was on the ground.

"Te quiero, mami. Nunca te olvidaré y sabré que siempre eres mi mente. Te visitaré todo el tiempo y podríamos hacer cualquier cosa tan simple como picnics o algo así. Cuidaré de Kam y haré todo lo posible para que los dos lleguen a la universidad. No te decepcionaré." I spoke as Kamden walked up beside me.

"Protegeré a su madre. Te amo mucho y lo siento, no podría estar con todo lo que quería. te extraño mami." He said and I smiled.

"It's you and me ok? We're all each other has, family wise. We need to be as close as ever now because I'll be damned if I lose you too." I said, pulling him into a hug.