Part 13

They were all playing some form of monopoly later into the night that wasn't how it was actually supposed to be played, Hoseok was pretty sure, but still, they made it work. And Hoseok loved it, how silly Yoongi's friends were. He often found himself forgetting that everyone there save for him and Jimin were so rich they could feed the whole country ten times over.

But when Taehyung is wearing a hat and glasses for his 'poker face aesthetic', Jungkook hasn't stopped eating since dinner as he was on his third round of fries that Taehyung keeps sticking up Namjoon's nose which in turn makes Jimin laugh and fall onto Seokjin's lap who can't help but to laugh himself.

It was all really quite lovely. Like a little family, a group of friends that you could trust and rely on. There were no price tags, no gossip, no fakeness. This feeling of being accepted this way was something Hoseok felt like he left in his old life, and to be reunited with it like this, with honest friends who wasn't just Jimin it was...really nice.

And of course, there was Yoongi. The strong man sitting next to him who was reprimanding Jungkook for eating so much but couldn't stop his own gum filled smile from painting his cheeks as he dealt out more cash from the 'bank' to Namjoon for his troubles. Which, wasn't how the game worked but Hoseok wasn't going to intervene.

Yoongi looked over then, catching Hoseok's eye and smiling softly when he reached under the coffee table to hold Hoseok's hand, leaning forward to whisper in his ear, "You okay, sweetheart?"

Hoseok hummed as he nodded, whispering, "Yeah, Yoongi hyung. I'm more than okay, I'm actually...really happy that you brought me here. That I was able to experience what a group of genuine friends feels like again."

Yoongi's eyes went impossibly soft then, his thumb drawing small circles over Hoseok's knuckles, "Well you're going to have to get used to it. These losers are your friends too now, okay? In fact, I'm convinced they like you better than me." Yoongi grinned when Hoseok giggled at that.

"Hoseok-ah." Seokjin's voice brought the both of them out of their own little world, "Come help me find another snack for Jungkook, Taehyung is going to turn my husband into a potato at this rate."

"Save me Hoseokie..." Namjoon spoke dramatically as Taehyung started putting fries in his hair now too.

"Oh, sure!" Hoseok giggled, moving to get up but not before pressing a kiss to Yoongi's cheek, "I'll be right back."

"I'll miss you." Yoongi was quick to chip, earning a resounding and elongated, "Ew" from the rest of the group but it made Hoseok giggle, his heart shaped smile lighting up his cheeks and that was more than enough for Yoongi if his gentle smile was anything to go by.

Hoseok followed Seokjin into the kitchen, his heart fluttering a little that Seokjin chose him to help with this. Maybe he was starting to warm up to Hoseok- "Wait, Jin hyung isn't the kitchen down the other way?"

Seokjin smiled from over his shoulder, opening the door to the back, leading them both out into the moonlit wooden deck, Seokjin walking up to lean forward onto the railing, lost gaze out into the calm sea. "I just wanted to talk with you for a second Hoseok-ah. I hope you don't mind."

Hoseok was hesitant, but rested his hands on the railing nonetheless, following Seokjin's gaze and watching how the moon's light danced in small fragments atop the water. "Of course, I don't mind at all. You can always talk to me."

"Good." Seokjin nodded, "Now, this is a conversation between the two of us. Yoongi-ah is not to know of this, is that clear?"

Hoseok's confidence started faltering at that, "What do you mean? I don't want to hide anything from him, Yoongi hyung has done so much for me and to keep something from him-"