Part 32

Hoseok was fixing dinner while Jiwoo took a nap in the living room. For better or for worse, he'd fallen into a kind of rhythm in his new life. He would wake up early, hiding in the bathroom until the apartment door clicked shut when he could venture out and have breakfast with Jiwoo. The two had gotten along rather well too after the first day, passing the time together until Woohyun would return home. In which Hoseok would do what he had to to keep the peace until Woohyun went to sleep. Before getting up, and doing it all over again the next day.

Today was Hoseok's day to cook. Humming as he readied the food, enjoying the time he had before Woohyun ventured home, which wasn't supposed to be for a few hours-

Hoseok tensed immediately when the door to the apartment opened early, a struggle with the lock before Woohyun swung it open aggressively. "Ah shit. I pay enough for this damn apartment, the door should work dammit."

Hoseok was quiet, focusing on the task at hand instead as Woohyun closed the door behind him, slipping off his shoes and tossing his briefcase to the side. "Well?! Are you not going to greet me? I'm home early, you should be rejoicing right now." Woohyun spoke in a frustrated, dangerous tone.

"Y-yes." Hoseok turned around, bowing as Woohyun had taught him, "Welcome home sir."

"That's more like it." Woohyun smirked, walking into the kitchen, his arm wrapping around Hoseok's hips as he looked over the boy's shoulder towards the food. "Kimchi stew huh?"

"Yes sir." Hoseok backed away from Woohyun's touch, slipping out of his hold.

Woohyun raised a brow at Hoseok's movements, stepping closer towards him again, "You never were that great of a cook. Perhaps you need some...lessons, yeah?" Woohyun grinned, his hand coming to grip at Hoseok's hip again, this time harder.

"Don't touch me." Hoseok raised his voice in fear, backing away quickly again but finding the wall pressed against his back after two steps.

"Hey now." Woohyun's brows narrowed, closing in on Hoseok, "I've had a shit day at work, don't you dare raise your voice at me. I won't tolerate it as well as I have been." Woohyun crowded Hoseok's space, leaning in close, "It's been a month Hoseok. I've been easy on you, I've been patient but the least you can do for me after everything I've done and how much of my time you've wasted is indulge me in this." Woohyun's hands grabbed Hoseok hungrily, one around his waist and the other clutching at his thigh.

"I don't owe you shit!" Hoseok spat, shoving Woohyun away forcefully, causing the man to stumble backward a few steps.

Hoseok's eyes widened in fear when Woohyun caught his balance, his heart dropping and his blood running cold at the look Woohyun gave him, "Oh you bitch!" He yelled, a harsh slap echoing off of the walls and throbbing in Hoseok's right cheek as his head snapped to the side from the impact. And before he could understand what was happening, Woohyun's hands came to wrap tightly against his throat. leaving Hoseok to gasp desperately for breath, hands coming up to pull against Woohyun's wrists, struggling as the fear and shock ran through him-

Woohyun sneered through clenched teeth, "If you won't listen to me then I'll have to make you! Just like before-"

"What the hell is going on here?!" Jiwoo came rushing into the kitchen then. Pulling Woohyun away from Hoseok in a matter of seconds and standing between the two, creating distance with concern and disbelief in her voice. "Woohyun?!"

"He asked for it." Woohyun spat before leaving the kitchen, slamming the bedroom door behind him.

Jiwoo's attention turned then to Hoseok who'd fallen to his knees in an effort to grasp air back into his lungs. "Hoseok...Hoseok are you okay? Oh Hoseok..." Jiwoo fell to her knees after him, pulling him close into an embrace. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry I didn't come in sooner I didn't know and then I heard that slap and...and..."