Part 27

Yoongi was running red lights and stop lights, ignoring nearly every traffic law in existence and arriving at Hoseok's apartment in record time. Hoping, praying that Hoseok was there. Running up the steps, skipping three in between each stride as he made his way to a light blue door with chipping paint. "Hoseok...? Seok-ah are you there?" Yoongi tried with a trembling voice first, his hands shaking as he inserted the key, and opened the door, "Seok-ah? Princess...?" Yoongi slowly opened the door, peeking through to the small apartment when a small whimper brought his attention down to the beautiful curled up boy leaning against the wall on the floor, head hidden by his hands and knees.

"Oh princess." Yoongi's heart tugged painfully, closing the door and hurriedly slipping his shoes off before falling to his knees and scooping Hoseok up in his arms, "Seok-ah, Seok-ah please let me explain."

"W-wait-" Hoseok choked on a sob, fighting for air, "You're n-not Jimin- how-" he pushed Yoongi back, his tearful eyes meeting Yoongi's own, "Hyung? H-how did you get in here?! Why are you here right now?!"

"Jimin gave me the key and told me to come get you." Yoongi spoke softly and gently, giving Hoseok space but still holding onto his arms as if to center the younger man, to ground him.

"He...he did?" Something changed in Hoseok's voice then, something painful, "Does he want to see me suffer too? Is that it? Does he hate me too? Was our whole friendship a lie we well?"

"No." Yoongi shook his head, gathering Hoseok's cheeks up in the palm of his hands, "No, no that's not it. Jimin loves you and I fucking love you so much Hoseok. I love you so much that I can't stand the thought of losing you. He gave me the key because he wanted me to explain myself. To tell you what happened and why you saw what you did."

"Stop it hyung...just make it stop...please. I can't take it anymore...I'll just lie to myself tonight. Just tell me that you love me and that it was a mistake. And then in the morning I can face reality, but tonight just..." Hoseok's voice quivered with vulnerability as he leaned forward to Yoongi's chest, the elder's arms coming around him steadfastly, letting Hoseok fall apart fully in his embrace. "Just let me dream hyung. Just stop the pain. Just for tonight."

"No. I won't do that." Yoongi held Hoseok tightly, "I won't lie to you and I won't tell you that I don't love you because it's just simply not true. Hoseok I love you. You're my bird, no one else. Why would I be here if you didn't matter to me Hoseok? Why would I be so desperate to make you understand if I didn't care for you? Why would I be so desperate to have you back if I didn't love you?"

Hoseok sobbed harder, clutching onto Yoongi's shirt as he hid in the crook of the elders neck, "Y-you said...you said I was the only one..." Hoseok's voice cracked, "And I fucking b-believed you."

"You are the only one!" Yoongi was quick to reassure, running a hand through Hoseok's hair to calm the younger man, "That girl at the party, the one that you saw me with? She wasn't someone who I sought out, she was there for a reason. Sweetheart, that girl was with Woohyun."

The mention of the name sent Hoseok's shoulders up to his ears, his weeping paused in a gasp as Yoongi continued, "I was furious when I found out that he was there. And I was scared because you weren't by my side, I didn't know where you were and the only thing I could think of was you Seok-ah. All I could think about was how I could protect you and the fastest way to do that, was to get to Woohyun first and as quickly as possible."

"But...you..."

"Yes." Yoongi nodded, regret slowly spilling into his voice, "That woman approached me and said that she knew Woohyun, said she could tell me where he was and what he was planning. I fell for the bait, I wanted to stop him from ever touching you again Seok-ah. I just...I just wanted to protect you. I still do and I always will."