Part 15

The rest of their vacation went smoothly enough, and nobody seemed to notice Hoseok clinging to Yoongi a bit more lovingly, or Yoongi's lingering gazes that seemed to stay on Hoseok for just a little bit longer, a little bit softer.

There was a point, however, when the group had gone shopping in the little beach town that Yoongi and Namjoon disappeared into one of the shops, Yoongi insisting that Hoseok not follow, and to rest after a long day at the beach. Leaving Hoseok alone with the rest by one of the street side benches.

"Hobi hyung, we're going to go get some ice cream, do you want anything?" Jimin asked with his arm looped around both of his boyfriend's own.

"I'll come with you!" Hoseok started, already moving to get up from where he was perched on the bench with Seokjin.

"No way hyung, we may....take a minute. Wouldn't want you to have to wait in line that whole time." Jimin spoke with a wink.

Hoseok pouted, knowing exactly what Jimin was insinuating. Sighing, "Fine, but I want two scoops of Mint chocolate Park Jimin. Two."

"Anything for my favorite Hobi hyung~" Jimin sang as he lead Taehyung and Jungkook down the street towards the ice cream parlor.

Hoseok chuckled quietly to himself, moving to sit back down before his shoulders stiffened. Realizing who he'd just been left alone with.

"Those three." Seokjin scuffed from his side of the bench. This distance suddenly felt all to small between them. "It's like they're married yet neither of them has asked to make what they are official. I swear, if they don't officially call each other boyfriends by the end of this trip I'm going to lose my mind."

Hoseok hummed, he would chuckle and offer a witty quirp back in any other instance. But Hoseok was still weary, still didn't know how to act around the eldest hyung.

Hoseok just wished that Yoongi would return soon.

"I don't know what you did." Seokjin started, his tone changed drastically from the light voice from before, "But I know you did...something last night on the beach with Yoongi-ah."

Hoseok could feel Seokjin's gaze from beside him like a million daggers, "I don't lend my friends out to prostitutes and cheap thrills who think they can outsmart the system. Remember that, Jung Hoseok."

Hoseok let out a shuddering breath, "Jin hyung...I-"

"Seok-ah!" Yoongi called as he ran from the shop across the street over towards the bench, Namjoon walking after him. Yoongi immediately leaning down to kiss Hoseok's cheek as soon as he was in reach, "I hope I didn't keep you waiting long. Where did the others go?"

Hoseok smiled slightly, trying not to let his relief show too well, "They left to get some ice cream and kiss each other. Although I'm not sure how much of the first their actually doing. What did you get Hyungie?"

Yoongi hummed, smiling fondly, yet a little confused down towards Hoseok as the other moved to stand up, "Oh, nothing. It's a...surprise." Yoongi's confusion seemed to only grow, Hoseok finding it hard to keep his gaze even when Yoongi could so easily read his every emotion, extra aware of Seokjin's hawk like eyes peering into their encounter. "Princess, is everything alright?"

Hoseok hummed, eyes averting Yoongi's gaze steadfast as he interlaced their hands together, "Yeah, the sun must have just gotten to me today, I'm a bit tired."

"Let's head back then." Yoongi started quickly, giving Hoseok's hand a reassuring squeeze.

Hoseok skillfully avoided Seokjin's gaze after that, basking in the fact that he was able to stay glued to Yoongi's protective and comforting side as they made their way back to the house. Later, when all the boys had fallen into their own worlds, Namjoon and Seokjin in the kitchen, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook into their own bedroom, and Yoongi and Hoseok in the houses backyard pool where Hoseok had convinced Yoongi to join him for a swim.