Part 33

Hoseok had his nose buried deep in a book when the apartment door opened, freezing, holding his breath when Jiwoo's voice came calling softly, "Hoseok-ah I'm home!"

Hoseok released his breath, shoulders relaxing, "Jiwoo, I'm in the living room!"

"Okay, just a minute!" It was after some shuffling in the kitchen, and Hoseok returned to his book, that Jiwoo came waltzing into the living room, two steaming mugs in one hand and her other hand hidden behind her back, "How was your day here Hoseok-ah?"

Hoseok shrugged, putting his book down before taking the warm mug from Jiwoo's hand with both of his own, letting the tea's steam warm his fingers, breathing in the scent. "The usual. Cleaned and reread my book. How was the market? Was it busy today?"

Jiwoo nodded, sitting next to Hoseok on the sofa and setting her cup on the coffee table, "It was fine. You should come with me sometime Hoseok-ah, you haven't left this apartment since we stepped foot in here two months ago."

"You know I can't, he said so himself." Hoseok shook his head, "He has cameras."

"I know but..." Jiwoo sighed, "You're right. As soon as I figure out how to disarm those stupid camera's I'll take you out to the makret. We'll make a day out of it and stop by the park, maybe get our nails done too." Jiwoo nudged Hoseok's shoulder, earning a hopeful smile from the man.

"I do love getting my nails done." Hoseok looked dreamily down towards his hands, nails with chipping green paint, "I love it when you do them, but it's a different feeling having them done by a professional, you know?"

"Oh, absolutely." Jiwoo nodded seriously, her smile returning as she sat up straight, "But Hoseok-ah, I have a surprise for you."

Hoseok giggled, "Is it what you've been hiding behind your back this whole time?"

Jiwoo smiled, "Hey now play along!"

"Okay, okay." Hoseok's giggling only increased more as he raised a hand to cover his mouth, "Oh, I had no idea! What a shock this is!"

Jiwoo punched his shoulder playfully, giggling "Alright you brat that's enough from the peanut gallery." She motioned towards the book on the coffee table, "You've read that book so much that the title is wearing out and it's not even a good book!"

"Hey now that's debatable, some people love Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea." Hoseok was quick to defend, his smile giving his amusement away.

"Alright alright, so one person thinks that's a good book. But it's also the only book in this entire apartment and I just couldn't live my life in a good conscious knowing that you have nothing to compare it to, so," Jiwoo brought the hidden object out from behind her, "I bought you another book!"

"Wait, really?!" Hoseok squealed, rushing to set down his mug so he could hold the novel with both hands, bringing it close, "You didn't oh Jiwoo..." Hoseok's smile grew even more, his heart tugging painfully in the direction of his cat, "The novel form of Breakfast at Tiffany's..."

"You told me a story not that long ago about how your friend um...Jimin, was it? He used to sing you a song from that movie. And then you're...um," Jiwoo hesitated momentarily, "Boyfriend, did as well."

Hoseok smiled softly down towards the novel, his fingers brushing against the matted cover, "Moon River, yeah. It's my favorite movie, and, I think that was because I saw myself as Holly. This free spirit who was as independent as they come, even if the means of income wasn't the...the usual I guess you could say."

"Really?" Jiwoo questioned, "I mean, I can see the resemblance for sure, but weren't you with your boyfriend back then? Did you still..."

"Oh, no. No I never cheated on Yoongi hyung and I never plan to. Ever. I mean before I met him. No, Yoongi hyung he...he was like my, as Holly would say, he was like my Fred." Hoseok found himself smiling softly, thinking of the boy who still seemed to light every star in Hoseok's night sky. "He saw my free spirit but he also looked a little harder then the rest. Yoongi hyung saw this broken old thing that I am, and he still loved me for it. Loved me more because of it I would even argue." Hoseok shrugged, feeling his eyes water and a lump grow in his chest, "He's my cat."