Part 19

Kim Seokjin

Seokjin: Yoongi-ah I trust that you remembered the appointment I told you about before the trip?

Yoongi: Of course. When will they be arriving?

Seokjin: Any moment now, be on your best behavior. I mean it. This guy is essentially the link to a very powerful company that could be monumental for our company to have contacts with. In other words, don't fuck this up.

Yoongi: When have I ever?

___

Just as Yoongi sent the message to Seokjin, a knock came from his door.

"Come in." Yoongi spoke pleasantly, moving to stand and greet his guest.

But his pleasantry quickly turned into a scowl as the man walked in, closing the door behind him and walking up towards Yoongi in a confident stride, grinning, "Well hello there, Min Yoongi."

"And what the fuck are you doing here? I'm supposed to be having an incredibly important meeting right now with another company's attorney." Yoongi's scowl darkened as he crossed his arms, staring towards Park Jun.

"Well now, I guess we're having that important meeting then, aren't we?" Jun smirked, holding his hand out for Yoongi in a greeting, "Maybe we got off on the wrong foot?"

Yoongi sighed heavily, "This can't be happening right now. Look, let's just...let's just get this over with." Yoongi ignored Jun's smirk and extended hand, leaning back against his desk, "Now that I see who it is, I have a feeling that this wasn't business that you wanted to discuss. The documents you sent me were clear enough they need no discussion, and the contracts were fair and just. So why are you here right now?" Yoongi asked, keeping his guard up and high, tense.

"You catch on quick." Jun snapped with his outstretched hand, bringing it to run through his bangs, "Haven't seen Hoseokie around for a bit." Jun started, a statement that was set out like bait for Yoongi to take.

And Yoongi knew it, he knew what Jun was doing and yet when it came to Hoseok, things always seemed to get to him easier. "Hoseok isn't in the business of making rich idiots like you feel good for a night anymore. We've decided to make ourselves official, he's no longer available to satisfy your twisted dreams."

"Wow. Harsh." Jun whisled, his hands finding a home in his pockets, rolling on the balls of his feet, "You think all of us wealthy folk are the same huh? Like we can't catch feelings for cheap flings the way you can?"

"Hoseok is not a cheap fling."

"He was." Jun shrugged, "If he wasn't to you, then you were to him. At some point, at least."

"What's your point? What's the meaning of all of this." Yoongi watched Jun intensely.

Jun's shoulders dropped then, sighing as he crossed his own arms, "Look. Yoongi, I'm not trying to tear you two apart, I'm not trying to be the bad guy here. Even though that's what you're thinking right now, and I get it, I do. I used to fuck Hoseok and that probably freaks you out. But I'm about to freak you out even more, are you ready?" Jun smirked, bittersweet, "I fucking loved him. I loved him. I didn't realize until he started spending every night with you. Didn't realize until it was too late. But still, I loved him. I still do."

"Why the fuck are you telling me this." Yoongi the felt bile rise in his throat, his shoulders tensing as he moved his hands to clutch at the end of his desk.

"Because you need to understand the reason why I'm here. It's not some revenge shit, I'm not trying to take Hoseok away from you because he actually seems happy with you. And I would never take that away from him." Jun's over confident and sly persona began to fade as his voice grew quieter, less strong, emotion held in every word, "I love him, but I couldn't love him in the way that he needed. I wasn't the one to make him happy. And I understand that. That's why I'm...I'm not trying to break you two apart. It's...it's actually the opposite."