1

Callen's pov:
Again waking up in the middle of the night because of that same sentence that seems to haunt me. Again I see her standing in my room, right between my bed and the window. That I for sure know is locked! I also had changed the lock three times already, as well as every other lock in my house! But still, every time I open my eyes I see her blue eyes watching me! And like every other time they feel so familiar, but I couldn't say from where! Maybe I should start to tell someone about it? I mean, maybe I got shot one time to much? Maybe I really lost my mind!? Who knows!? Sam has told me often enough that I am crazy!
Knowing that I won't be able to fall back asleep, I decided to once again stand up after only a few hours of sleep.
„You should sleep some more. You look exhausted." a soft feminine voice says. Quickly turning around, my eyes wide open. Till now she never talked with me. That is if she even exists in the real world and isn't just in my head.
„So you can talk as well!? Guess I should finally make an appointment with Nate." i say after a sigh. The sound of giggles filled my room, which again seem to remind me of someone I knew a long time ago.
„You don't have to. Your perfectly fine, so no worries." she says happily. Her face suddenly fell only seconds after she has said that.
„I should leave now." she sighs sadly.
„Try and get back to sleep Callen." she says before turning around to reach for the window.
„Wait!! You could stay a bit longer! Just, please!" I say in a hurry. Not knowing why, but I just don't want her to leave me again! Not after she finally talked with me! Till now she never even answered me when I tried to talk with her! And even if she really is only in my head, it's nice to talk to someone! She seems to be thinking about what I asked her to, and after a quick look to her phone which I only noticed now, she nodded in answer.
„Only for a bit thought." she tells me and takes a seat on the chair next to my bed.
„Thanks!" I say relieved she is going to stay a bit longer.
„May i know your Name?" i ask her, guessing this should be the easiest way to start a conversation. Her furrowed face however lets me think differently though.
„I mean, you don't have to tell me, just wanted to know what to call you." I quickly add afraid she might leave again. She looks at me for nearly a minute before sighing softly.
„Maya. My name is Maya." she answers me.
„Maya? That's a beautiful name!" I tell her honestly. A soft blush creeps up to her cheeks. Again, feeling like her shy face combined with that name should ring a bell by me. But I just can't seem to grasp it!
„So, what's your favorite food maya?" I ask her seriously which prompts her to giggle cutely. Her whole body relaxes more and more the longer we talk. And I have to say, I don't know when the last time was when I had so much fun talking to someone!
„I really should get going now. Your partner is surely picking you up in a bit." maya says while again making her way to the window.
„You are right. Thought you also could leave through the door you know?" I answer her with a smile. She looks confused for a second before she only shrugs and opens the window anyway.
„Maya? Are you going to come this evening again?" I ask her even though I am afraid the answer might be no. As crazy as it may sound, I really hope I will see her soon!
„Do you want me to come? Only a few hours prior you thought I am not real." she answers me with her head slightly tilted to the side.
„Definitely want you to!" I reply her without a doubt in my mind.
„Ok. Till the next time Callen. And stay safe!" she says before shutting the window behind her. Sighing softly after her retreating form, I slowly get out of my bed. Relieved I started to wear some briefs to bed after I started to see her at night! After a quick shower, I make myself a cup of coffee to go since Maya was right, Sam is definitely going to come to pick me up any minute now. After hearing his car honk I quickly grab my bag and coffee before heading towards him.
„Morning G! You look way more relaxed than the last two months. Were you able to sleep for once?" he says and asks as soon as he started the car.
„Not really, but I feel better." I answer him while questioning myself if I should tell him what happened. Or what had happened that got me to shut everyone out the last months. After some thinking I decided not to, not now at least. Before I want to talk with Nate, I am pretty sure after today that Maya isn't just in my head, but it would be nice to hear that from Nate as well!
„G? We are here." Sam says a bit worried.
„Oh, yeah! Sorry!" I answer him and shake myself out of my head. When we enter the building, I realize that everyone is already there. How is that possible?
„You were spaced out completely for nearly 30 minutes." sam tells me with a frown.
„Sorry." i sigh out, feeling dumb for making us late again! Just then Nate walks down the stairs, so I quickly make my way over to him.
„Can we talk?" I ask him. His shocked face should of been expected since I never wanted to talk with a therapist or something like that without getting instructed to.
„Sure! My office?" he asks me interested what I would want to talk to him about.
„The Beach?" i ask him instead. Not liking the idea of any possibility that someone might overhear our conversation.
„Sure! Sam, can you tell Hetty I take Callen out for some time?" he agrees before asking a frowning Sam to talk with Hetty.
„I guess." he answers after looking at me for a minute to make sure it's what I really want to do. And after I nod at him, he walks over towards Hetty's office.