12

Callen's pov:
So Maya knew the whole time who I am. So why didn't she just tell me? It is starting to kill me slowly that my memory only now starts to slowly come back to me.

„Grisha! Grisha! I is up!! Can we play?" an over excited little Maya screams while running into my bedroom where I still was sleeping.
„Hmm? Just let me wake up and we can play." a much younger version of myself mumbles in reply. The love shining in my eyes as I look at her way smaller frame.
„I makes breakfast!!" she tells me excitedly, literally bouncing on the spot. Her eyes shining with excitement and trust.
„Wait baba! I don't want you to hurt yourself on the stovetop!" I tell her quickly since she was about to hurry out and towards the kitchen on her own.
„But me is big already Grisha!" she says with a pout.
„I know you are baba, but I wouldn't forgive myself if you get hurt because I wasn't around." I answer her soothingly. Knowing she hates it when everyone is always babying her.
„Ok, i am all ready! What do you want to eat for breakfast baba?" I ask her softly, picking her small body up and carrying her into the kitchen. Her little giggles fill the hallway which lets everyone we go by smile at her softly.
„Pancakes? Please?" she asks me while batting her beautiful blue eyes at me.
„Pancakes it is then!" I answer her. And for that I get a kiss on my cheek from her.

More and more memories like that are flying  around my head. Me carrying little Maya around, protecting her and playing with her. Doing everything I possibly can to make her as happy as she possibly can be! That all was till that fateful day where some guys walked into our home and kidnapped her. No idea why after that I never seem to remember about her. She was my absolute everything and meant the world to me. So now, that I have gotten her back, I am going to do everything I can possibly do to keep her happy and sound. And absolutely nothing is going to take her away from me ever again!!
„Are you ready to face the others." sam asks me worried since I once again spaced out.
„not really, but I need to see Maya. So no way around to face them." i tell him with a small shrug. Internally flinching at the pain that flew through me because of that foolish move of mine.
„Are you really ok G? You seem like you are in a lot of pain still." sam asks me worried after seeing me flicking from such a small move.
„I didn't though it would hurt as much if I would move a bit, but I am alright. Just need to remember to be mindful of how I move." I answer him, trying to downplay the pain afraid he might not let me visit Maya otherwise.
„It's insulting that you thing I would fall for that excuse! Anyway, get in the wheelchair. If you need help just say it, I am here for you!" he tells me a bit insulted.
„Can you help me get up?" I ask him embarrassed that I couldn't lift myself up myself. He however comes closer and carefully sits me up on the edge of the bed with a small smile.
„I get the wheelchair a bit closer, hold on." he says and pushes the wheelchair right next to my feet.
„So up you go!" he tells me, while securely holding my arm to make sure I don't fall over. After I finally sit in the wheelchair I am completely drained, but I still need to go to Maya!
„Just let me do the talking!" sam tells me while pulling my blanket around my freezing body. My infusions where already dangling from the wheelchair top, so I don't have to think of them either.
„Callen? Should you really be out of the bed already!?" kensi asks the second we leave the room. Hetty and Deeks right behind her with worries eyes.
„The doctor said he is allowed to move around a bit. Why don't you guys get home for the day? I am sure you are tired of staying at the hospital the whole time." Sam tells them. But I myself get the meaning of his words. He wants them to leave me the hell alone. Again feeling thankful for having him as a friend, no scratch that, as my brother! Without waiting for their reply sam keeps on pushing the wheelchair to the room right next to mine.
A guy I don't know immediately jumps up as we open the door, pointing a gun on us. As soon as he sees that it's sam and I, he instantly puts the gun back down.
„Sorry, it's a habit I can't seem to get out of my system." he tells us with an embarrassed smile.
„Its really good to finally see you awake Callen! I am sure Maya is happy about it as well!" he tells with a smile towards a still unmoving Maya.
„How is she really doing?" I ask him, afraid of the answer. Yes, Sam has told me that she is doing pretty good, still you never could be to sure about it.
„She is doing better than expected. The bullet reopened an old wound, that's why the bleeding was more than normally. Sam has saved her life by pushing down on her bullet wound immediately." he informs us with a thankful smile towards Sam.
„Just did What everyone else would of done as well." sam does it off with a shrug.
„Thank you!" I tell him with a hipster, tears already threatening to fall down on my cheeks. She nearly died because she wanted to safe my life. And I didn't even remember her before this incident!!
A loud commotion was heard from outside. Shortly after the door gets thrown open and in walks a pissed off Ziva with Gibbs right behind her.
my sister gets shot and you guys don't even inform me!?" she seethes out towards a sorrowful looking Stephen.
sorry ziva. But our focus was Maya's health and well-being. We called you as soon as we had finished with all the surgeries and got her stabilized again!" he answers her in Hebrew.
„G? What happened? You look pretty beaten up?" Gibbs question me the second he sees me.
„Dracul kidnapped me, Maya fought to get me out of there. When we were about to get up the staircase Dracul shot at me, Maya pushed me out of the way. She got shot because she tried to safe me." I tell him, still keeping my eyes on a devasted looking ziva. She has put both her hands on Maya's cheeks, her forehead leaning against hers as well. She seems to sing a lullaby to her, her tears making it pretty hard to understand though.
Since when does ziva even have a sister? And I know for sure that Maya wasn't in any way or form related to ziva or her family!