14

Sam's pov:
So....apparently Maya is Zivas sister? Which seems pretty odd since I know for sure her sister had died years ago.
„Can someone explain to me what the heck is going on here?" I ask them all confused to say the least.
„She was my best friend! My only friend to be exact. We were always together, playing cooking, even slept together when there was something frightening going on." G starts to tell which seems to surprise the others around us. Well everyone except Gibbs who also looks on confused it seems.
„That was before the day that has changed our lives completely." he says before sighing deeply. His eyes not once leaving Maya's unmoving body.
„I never understood how my memory was completely gone as Hetty had found me. I don't know how I could of forgotten Maya. But I did, and that is something I will never be able to forgive myself!" G goes on with self loathe.
Ziva like everyone else looks on as the normally strong G gets completely vulnerable.
„My dad had taken her in after he found her. A group that we had troubles with for very long has kidnapped her and killed the rest of her family. That was what we all believed for a really long time. That's why we as a family had taken her in. We grew up as sisters, blood isn't as important as the connection you have between each other." ziva informs us, me.
G looks at her in shock.
„When I got to work with the NCIS, I heard of an agent. An agent that seems a lot like she has always described to me. Someone she has cried for, for a very long time." ziva goes on after a shrug.
„So you told her about me?" G asks her softly. To which she only nods in reply.
„You can bet she took the next flight to DC and we started to dig around a bit. And to our surprise everything seems to match, everything to the G in your name. And after I showed her a picture, there was no doubt about who you really are." she tells him in an apology.
„Since when did she know who I am? And why didn't she just come to me?" he ask her desperate to know. Hurt that she didn't went to him.
„Because They still were after you. And the least she wanted is for you to get hurt." Stephen answers this time.
„Since when did she know?" he questions once again.
„15 years. As soon as she was sure she moved in with Dom and Stephen since they were always good friend and they also lived in LA at the time." ziva answer after a heavy sigh.
„Why didn't you tell me?" Gibbs wants to know from ziva who only looks him in the eyes and Gibbs immediately nods in understanding.
„Already lost my sister once, I wasn't ready to lose my baby sister as well." ziva answers anyway.
„That's why you always looked at me like that when we had to work together." G says matter of factly, as if this whole thing slowly start to make sense to him.
Some movements get our attention immediately! Maya really seems to wake up any minute now.
„We should call Dom, just to be sure!" Ziva says already pushing the call button. To which the door gets thrown open only seconds later.
„What happend!?" he immediately wants to know.
„We think she might is about to wake up. She starts to move slightly." Stephen tells him happily, just as Maya opens her eyes. And I have to say, her eye color is really unique. They are a really pale and icy blue with a silver ring around it. It looks stunning!
„Maya!?" an overjoyed G says and pulls himself towards her to hug her small frame softly.
„Hey! You are awake!" she sighs out in relief.
„I am. And don't you dare ever jump in between me and a bullet ever again!" he tells her sternly but relieved she is awake and seems to be fine.
„Ziva!" Maya happily says as soon as she sees her sister.
I was so worried baby sister!" the suddenly not so tough Ziva says with Reliefen tears running down her cheeks.
„Gibbs? What are you doing here?" she goes on in wonder.
„Couldn't Let your sister fly on her own, she was in a state of panic and you know how she gets when she is." Gibbs answers her with a soft smile and twinkling eyes.
„Callen also has gotten hurt again, so of course I needed to fly here for him as well." he adds with a small shrug.
„What about us? Don't you want to know why we are here?" Dom asks her mischievously which she only comments by showing him her tongue.
„Nice to meet you Maya. Even though I already saw you as you climbed into my house." I tell her with a small smile so she knows I don't mean any harm by that.
„Sorry about that." she answers with rosy cheeks.
„I need to look at her wound, so could you please wait outside for that?" Dom asks us, apparently back to his professional self again. Everyone left with hesitation, everyone except Ziva and G who just stays laying in the bed while looking at Maya with love shining in his eyes.
„G? In the wheelchair with you!" i tell him while making a hand gesture towards said chair standing next to his bed. I see him debate with himself if he should or shouldn't leave.
„He can stay, if he likes to that is." Maya's soft voice makes the decision for him.
„Thank you!" G tells her completely relieved that he doesn't have to leave her again. I nod once at them before leaving the room as well. There outside I still see kensi, Deeks and Hetty waiting as well. So making up my mind I slowly walk over to them.
„What is doing on sam?" Deeks wants to know the second I am in front of them.
„G is doing fine. He just decided to stay with the other patient. That's why they pushed in his bed earlier." I tell them, not wanting to tell anything about Maya. Not knowing if G would want that and even if he wants them to know, it's his call to make.
„He also remembered something from his past. Something really important to him, and something he is sure that you have hid from him. That's why he is a bit uneasy towards you." I say while looking Hetty right into her eyes. They seem sad that G has cut her out of his life, but slowly realization creeps into them.
„It's her? The other patient?" Hetty says with even sadder eyes and worried what might had happened to the two of them.
„it's her indeed. And since G remembers, he is pretty pissed and hurt that you haven't told him the truth. And also for hurting something this important to him." I answer her while trying to explain G's behavior towards her the best way that I can.
„I was told she had died, all my searches also have come to a dead end. The only reason I didn't tell him, was because I knew how hurt he would be if he would of found out that she was dead." Hetty says with a heavy sigh. I have to say I believe her explanation, it's understandable as well. But I also understand how it must look to G. He feels hurt and betrayed from the one person he had thought of family. Well I do hope he sees the rest of the team as well as my kids as family as well. Just as I was thinking this, my two naughty baby's toddle around the corner with a nurse.
„Excuse me, so these two belong to you?" the nurse asks me with a soft smile while pointing towards the two kids.
„Yeah, they are my kids, where did you get to them? I thought they were staying with there friends?" I ask her since it bothers me how they got to here all by themselves.
„I told Tommy's mum that she should drop us off here. We just really want to see uncle G!" aiden answers me with a frown and sad eyes.
„It's ok, come here you two!" I say and scoop them both up into my arms.
„Thanks for bringing them to me." I thank the nurse who watches us with an honest smile on her lips.
„Don't worry about it, Hey are really cute kids." she before walking off again.
„Can we pretty please visit uncle G now?" Kamran asks me hopefully. And of course I agreed to that, those to have missed theirs uncle for way to long now.
„Let's wait till the doctor is finished and then you can give him your paintings. You do have them with you, right?" i ask them and get two excited nods from my both baby's.