11

Callen's pov:
The only thing I feel is pain. Everything just hurts! I can hear some voices talking around me, but I can't make out the words nor who the ones talking are. There is somewhere I need to be right now! Something had happened and I need to go and see if Maya is alright. Maya!? Oh my god Maya! Fighting with everything in me to get my eyes to open, for my body to move. I need to get to Maya! See if she is alright, if the paramedics were able to help her.
„G, calm down. You are ok!" Sams voice slowly register in my head. And I am happy that I slowly get more conscious, but I still need to know how Maya is doing. What if she died? She can't, not before I told her that I love her! Not before we can start to date, to live our life's together! And definitely not before we both are at least 99 years old!
„She is fine, lays in the room next to yours!" Sams voice whispers quietly into my ear. At hearing that information, relieve washes over me like nothing ever before!
„The rest of the team including Hetty is waiting outside of the room. One of the paramedics stays with Maya since they are good friends, so she isn't alone." he goes on to inform me of what is going on at the moment. I still try to wake up, but till now without any outcome.

Sam's pov:
After we finally got G as well as Maya out of that basement we hurriedly push them into the waiting ambulances. After talking with Stephen, the paramedic that is Maya's friend, I was allowed to drive with G to the hospital.
It now has been two days since the both of them got delivered to here. Stephen hasn't left the hospital just like myself. The kids are staying with some school friends for the day and Deeks and kensi pick them up for the night. They both have been pleading with me to be allowed to visit there uncle, but as long as he is unconscious I don't think it would be a good idea. I try to stay updated on Maya's condition, knowing G is going to want to know how she is doing the second he wakes up.
When i suddenly hear some mumbling i look shocked towards a still unconscious G. His forehead is furrowed and his lips try to form words.
„May, Maya!" he mumbles slowly getting more understandable.
„G, calm down! you are ok!" i try to sooth him. Happy he seems to start to wake up, but also worried since his heartbeat gets quicker and quicker.
„She is fine, lays in the room next to yours!" I soothingly tell him. Knowing he needs to hear this. And just like that his heartbeat slows down again, his blood pressure also stabilizes again. Deciding that talking to him, seems to be the right thing to do I just go on to tell him about everything that has been going on in the last two days. Telling him how my two kids miss him like crazy and that they have painted something for him. And that's when I feel it. At first I wasn't sure if I just imagined it, but as he once again squeezes my hand I realized that he really is about to wake up!
„That's it G! Keep on fighting! We all need you to wake up!" I encourage him to keep on fighting to wake up!
„Sam?" he asks me tiredly. A wide smile forms on my face. Not knowing what else to do, I quickly pull him in to a tight hug!
„I missed you! Don't scare me all the time like that!" I tell him, well scold him gently.
„Sorry. Where is Maya? Is she really ok?" he says and asks me hopefully.
„She is! Stephen was here only shortly before you started to slowly wake up. He told me that she is doing better than the doctors were expecting. He thinks that they may start to get her out of her medical induced coma." I tell him and see the confusion written on his face before the relief overtook.
„Can I see her?" he asks me pleadingly. My immediate reaction would of been to say no, but I know that if I don't help him, he would go on his own!
„Let's get the doctors before, and if they say you are stabil enough, I get you to her. Deal?" I ask him. After his approving nod, I push the call button. Within a few seconds a doctor walks in with a worried frown.
„Mister Callen!? You are awake! That's awesome!" Dom, the other paramedic walks in happy that G had finally woken up.
„I am, and I am more than fine. So can I visit Maya now?" g asks him not even letting the doctor finish any examination nor anything else. The doctor only laughs at him before shaking his head at him.
„Maya described you pretty good. But I am afraid she won't be happy with me if I would allow you something before making sure you are alright. So let me check you over, and if everything is good, I get you a wheelchair." Dom tells him matter of factly. G looks at him completely shocked.
„You know Maya?" he questions him after he got out of his shock.
„I do indeed. She is like our little sister, so don't even think of hurting her!" Dom tells him with threatening eyes.
„Ok? But she doesn't have any siblings." G tells him with uneasy eyes, a bit suspicious as well.
„She lived with Stephen and I for nearly 15 years, so she is like our sister." he explains him while checking how G's wounds are doing.
„You know Who i am and Who she is." G asks him with furrowed brows. Dom sighs before nodding at G.
„You seem to be as good as you can be with what had happened to you." he says and goes towards the door.
„Wait! So she knew the whole time? Why hasn't she told me?" G wants to know from Dom who looks pretty uncomfortable.
„I am getting you a wheelchair. Everything else, she needs to answer you herself." he says.
„But I can tell you, it wasn't easy for her. That's why she started to. Well, for loss of other words, shadow you." Dom tells him before closing the door behind him.
„Ok? What was that about?" I ask G who only still watches the door, shocked at what Dom has just told us.
„Can I tell you later?" he asks me after sighing deeply. Knowing it is never a good idea to pressure him into telling things he isn't ready for, I only nod in answer.
„Thanks!" he says with a small smile. Just then Dom walks back in with a wheelchair.
„just for your information, the rest of your team is still out there." he tells us with a small nod towards the door, before leaving once again.