2

Callen's pov:
Nate and I quietly walk towards the beach. He knows how I don't normally like to talk about anything, so he patiently waits for me to start the conversation without hurrying me.
„Do you think i am psychically stabile?" i ask him as we sat on a beach that looks out towards the sea. He immediately starts to laugh at my question.
„Wait a second. Are you serious about that question?" he questions as he realizes that I am not laughing as well. I only nod in answer, feeling uneasy for even talk with someone about my psyche, even more so with him laughing at me.
„Callen, i am more than sure that you are! Yes sometimes you act a bit strange, but that's just who you are. That however doesn't mean that you aren't mentally stabil." he answers me honestly.
„Why do you even ask?" he wants to know a few seconds afterwards. My face instantly leaves his face and instead start to watch the waves crash onto the beach.
„What if I tell you that I have been seeing things. Or people of which I am not so sure if they are real or only in my imagination." i question him, still not looking at him. Not wanting to see him looking at me like i have totally lost my mind.
„Well, then I would like to know why you think they might be only in your imagination." he answers me, phrasing it so that I could decide myself if I would or wouldn't like to answer him. Sighing deeply, again feeling eyes on me. Sure that if i turn around now, that i would see those soft blue eyes on me again. Eyes that i got so accustomed to already.
„At first I thought I am just having nightmares. And whenever I shot up in bed, there is someone standing in front of my bed. But I don't feel like they are a threat, more like I know them." I tell him and slowly look over my left shoulder. As expected, there stands Maya with a soft smile on her lips. In her right hand she holds a cup of coffee or some other hot beverage.
„Are you meaning to tell me that there is someone in your home?" he asks me quit shocked.
„Callen why haven't you told anyone? What if they in fact got you killed or something?!" he questions me angrily.
„Like I said, I don't think she wants to hurt me." I answer him. Not realizing that I said her instead of keeping it neutral.
„I also wasn't sure if it is just in my head, but now. I don't know." I answer him getting slightly frustrated as well.
„Hey! There is going to be an opening party tonight at the new club. Would you guys like to come?" a very familiar voice questions us cheerily. Looking up to her, I see the worry in her usual soft blue eyes. Nate doesn't seem to catch that though.
„Sorry, but no interest." he answers her without really looking at her.
„What a shame. Anyway, have a good day!" she says before walking off again. I watch her slowly retreating form before something downed on me. Nate talked to her! He saw her!! That means she really is real! I am not going insane!!
„Callen look, you need to tell us if something like this is going on in your life! We all were worrying about you for nearly two months now. And now you tell me there was someone getting in your bedroom the whole time!? What were you thinking!?" he explains to me strictly. I know he is right about it, but like I already told him, I absolutely don't feel threatened by Maya! And quit frankly, if she would of wanted to kill or hurt me, then she would of had more than one chance to do just that!
„Maybe I am just imagining her standing there, like I said. I have nightmares, but they feel so real, as if I remember something important! And just when I think I might remember something I wake up!" I tell him. Now that I for sure know that Maya is indeed real, I definitely don't want them to catch her getting into my home.
„So you think your nightmares are flashbacks?" Nate questions me interested and a bit more calm than earlier. Thinking about his question, I slowly nod my head in answer. That would explain a lot I guess.
„Ok, what are those dreams about?" he asks me back to his professional self.
„I am way younger, maybe 3 or 4, playing with an even younger girl." I start to tell him slowly.
„Suddenly the door gets thrown open and a huge man walks in. He gets the little girl, picks her up and tries to leave with her. There is a lot of shouting, guns are fired and the girl." I answer him before needing to stop. Shaking my head vehemently, seeing that little girls face is always the hardest about the nightmares. She seems to beg me to help her, to remember her!
„That's where you wake up?" mate asks me softly. Seemingly knowing that I have a really hard time to tell that part.
„No." I answer him after a heavy sigh.
„I throw myself as hard as I can against the man, wanting him to let go of the girl that screams for help. He only smirks at me, kicking me away without a care. Then he tells me that whatever happens now is my fault. He lifts the gun up towards the girls stomach and with a sinister smile he pulls the trigger. The girl screams out in sheer pain before her panicked eyes find mine again." I go on. Realizing myself how defeated I sound.
„And than I wake up completely drenched in sweat and with her standing there in my room." I add quickly. Not telling him the last sentence she told me. It's none of his business and it also doesn't has anything to do with it.
„It seems like that indeed is a flashback, maybe you remember that from the time before Hetty brought you to America." Nate says thoughtful.
„If you want to, we could talk to her about it. Maybe she knows something about that incident?" he asks me more thanks says since he isn't allowed to tell anybody about this conversation. Not without my consent that is.
„No, I wanna get to the bottom of this myself. Thanks though, at least I know I am not insane now." I tell him while standing up, done talking.
„Callen? Are you sure about that? I am sure with her help you may find some answers quicker." he tries to resin with me. I just shake my head at that thought. If Hetty would know something about it, she wouldn't tell me, if that I am more than sure! Because if she would of wanted me to know she would have told me years prior!
„No, thanks for listening though!" I tell him with finality.
„At least let me subscribe you some medication so you can sleep! You look like you haven't in forever." he says after a sigh. Only nodding my head in agreement even though i won't be taking them any time soon.