16

Callen's pov:
„Why didn't you just come to me the second you found out who I am." I ask her the question that has been burning under my nails the whole time.
„They told you?" she asks me surprised they did.
„Ziva told me. After I told them that I remember." I answer her.
„I am unbelievable sorry for not being able to help you that day! And even more that I completely forgot about my past." I apologize to her, feeling my eyes start to sting again by only thinking of what had happened that day.
„Don't be Sorry for something that wasn't never your fault. That guy, he kicked your head pretty badly. I thought he killed you." she tells me sternly before she whimpers the last bit. Thankful that Stephen has pushed our beds together before leaving us alone. I quickly pull myself over towards her, ignoring the pain that shoots through my by doing so.
„It's the past, and we aren't able to do anything about it. But we do can work on our future." I whisper softly into her ear since she has curled herself up into, well into me.
„I was really afraid that you wouldn't believe me who I am. And how could you? You didn't even remember your name. That's the real reason I didn't told you. I just couldn't live with you not wanting me in your live." she softly tells me. Her tears slowly soaking my hospital gown.
„Believe me, even if I couldn't remember you. I still always felt like you belong to me! That's why I stayed that calm when I started seeing you in my bedroom. And yes, that was pretty calm for me." I answer her honestly. Her giggles let my chest vibrate. And if I haven't completely fallen for her before already, that would of been the moment where the last bit of my heart started to beat for her.
„I missed you!" she sighs while holding even tighter on to me.
„I missed you more. Without you, I always felt alone. Yes I got my team, especially Sam and his kids, but whenever I closed the door behind me, I was just lonely. It's like something always knew that i was missing an important part for my happiness." I tell her, slowly caressing her back in a soothing way.
„I make you happy?" she questions unsure if I was telling the truth.
„Most definitely! And now I can do what I have promised you as little kid!" I answer her without a second to think about it. The promise I had made decades ago to her, puts a small smile on my lips.
„What promise?" she wants to know. Her eyes shining in curiosity at me. Without thinking about it, I lean up a bit and softly kiss her lips.
„I am going to make you my wife and mother to my kids." I tell her. Slowly pushing a hair strain behind her ear that has fallen into her beautiful face. Her face immediately gets bright red after hearing me saying that. She quickly hides her face under my face so I couldn't see it, but I still can feel her overheated skin on mine.
„Well, only if you would like to marry me?" i ask her gently. Trying to hide my uneasiness behind some teasing.
„Wait a second. Are you serious? We don't even know each other!?" she says curious but her eyes shine in happiness.
„I am all in? So what about you love?" I ask her, hoping she will say yes or at least one day or something along the lines. Just no decline, the rest is completely fine with me.
„Yes!" she says happily. Her whole demeanor has changed into the giddy little girl that I once knew, and that now is a grown up woman.
„For serious?" I ask her again. Wanting to make sure we are on the same page.
„Yeah, I would love to marry you. Settle down with you, and get kids together." she whispers shyly but never once looking away from my eyes. I quickly hover myself on top of her.
„That's Good! Because I wouldn't of taken no for an answer. You are way to important for that!" I tell her and start to softly kiss her addicting lips. An awkward cough gets our attention and lets us pull away from each other. It seems like we have been kissing for quit some time, if her kiss swollen lips are any indicator that is.
„I need to give you guys your night medication, as well as get your I fusions running again." Stephen tells us a bit awkward, but happily smiling at us none the less.
„So, should I push the beds apart again, or do you guys prefer to keep cuddling?" he asks us with a cheeky smirk towards us. Maya the embarrassed little thing immediately hide again under my chin.
„We prefer to cuddle. Thanks for asking though!" I answer him with a chuckle.
„Alright! But no funny business in here! You know those walls have eyes and ears!" he tries to say sternly however his mischievousness keeps on dancing in his eyes.
„You can get out of your hiding space again love. It's just the two of us again." I tell her softly.
„He always loved to embarrass me! I should be used to it, but I don't know. Getting caught making out by your brother never was on my to do list." she mumbles still pretty embarrassed at the scene Stephen walked on in.
„I am sure he has seen way worse! And just so you know, I definitely do t regret it. Not even a second!" I tell her honestly. Soothingly caressing her back since that always has calmed her down.
„But I know what you mean, I also am not a huge friend of Exhibitionismus." I tell her with a chuckle. Which quickly turns into a full out laugh when I feel her cheeks getting even warmer against my throat.
„Grisha! It's not nice to make fun of me!" she tells me sternly. Her small hands softly punches my chest, but not even closely hard enough to hurt me.
„How about we try and go to sleep? You must be tired with all the medication in your body." I tell her slowly getting in a relaxing position.
„Good night Grisha." she mumbles, sounding already half asleep.
„Good night Love!" i answer her and also close my eyes, happy that i finally have Maya back in my arms.