7

Callen's pov:
I guess we fell back asleep, at least I fell asleep again. Because the next time I open my eyes, the window is closed and locked.  Even worse though is that the small warm body cuddled up next to me is gone. A heavy sigh escapes me, the room around me still kind of smelled of her, so she hasn't been away for long. Turning over to look for the time, a small sheet of paper falls into my line of vision. Grabbing the paper immediately, sure that it's from Maya, at least it would only be logical. Taking another deep breath before opening the folded paper to read what she wrote down for me.

Good morning!
I am sorry I left without waking you,
but you need your sleep.
I hope your day is going to be fine.
Stay safe!
XOXO Maya

A small smile makes its way into my face is I re-read the small note she has left me. It's sweet and short, just like her. Still I am a bit bumped at myself for not noticed her leaving. Slowly the Hanna household starts to wake up. At least it is getting louder.
„Uncle Callen!!" Kamran shouts while running into my room excitedly. Picking her up to give her a good morning hug, as well as a kiss on her forehead. The little girl giggles the whole time happily.
„Sorry G, i tried to make them let you sleep a bit longer." sam says in apology. I just shake my head at him.
„I was just about to get out of bed anyway. And waking up to get cuddles from this little cutie here is worth it. Thanks though." I answer him with a soft smile since Kamran decided to give me another hug.
„I thought we weren't allowed to wake uncle G?" aiden says with a small pout. I just lean down and pick him up as well, minding the little girl in my other arm though. This get the pout off of his face immediately and a huge smile replaces it.
„Good morning Buddy!" i say and kissed his forehead just like I did to his little sister.
„Morning uncle G!" he answers smiling widely at me.
„Hey did you lose another tooth?" I ask in mock shock since he told me yesterday about his new lose tooth. He immediately smiled even larger with a proud glint in his eyes.
„I did!" he states proudly. Walking with both of them in my arms towards the kitchen where sam has already prepared a breakfast for all of us.
„Guess what I am going to do tonight uncle G!?" he says quit giddily. Sitting both of them on one bar stool I look at him with curiosity.
„I don't know. What is it you are doing?" I ask him feigning like I don't know what is going to come.
„I am going to lay it under my pillow so the tooth fairy can get it and instead give me some money for my piggy bank!!" he explains to me not even able to sit still with excitement.
„That is awesome buddy! Congrats!!" I tell him happy he is so excited.
„When I get bigger and lose my teeth's then she is coming to me also, right?" little Kamran asks hopefully.
„Of course love! She definitely is already waiting for you to get bigger so she can visit you as well!" I tell her encouragingly. A wide smile spreads on her face at this.
„Here you go everybody!" sam says and puts our plates in front of each of us.
„Thanks daddy!" the two kiddos immediately say and happily dig in.
„Thanks Sam!" I say as well with a smile towards him.
Sadly the breakfast was quickly eaten and we were already running out of the house to get the kids to school on time, while also getting to work on time as well.
„Apparently the tooth fairy isn't the only one sneaking into houses. Do you want to tell me something G?" sam asks me as he pulls off from the school, of course the both of us kissed them goodbye before letting them ran of to their classes.
„Can we not talk about this right now?" I ask him not even able to look at him. My face has instantly went beet red, it feels like it at least.
„Ok! Just tell me next time when you get a visitor, so the alarm doesn't go off." he says with a small smirk.
„You know it was the first time i didn't had any problems sleeping." I tell him, still not meeting his eyes.
„That's awesome G! I am really happy for you!For both reasons!" he says and looks over at me before putting his focus back on the street.
„Thanks. It's complicated though." I nearly whisper out. Not really wanting to tell him everything, but not liking to keep it away from him either.
„Why is that? If she even is willing to sneak into my house just so you guys can sleep together she definitely is serious about your relationship." he tells me, meaning to reassure, but only depresses me even more.
„G? What's the matter?" sam asks me quietly. Realizing that I am deep in thought and knowing me long enough he knows that's never good for me or anyone.
„If I tell you something, you need to promise me not to shout or get angry at me. And no telling anyone!" I tell him. His reply is to pull the car over on the side before nodding at me to continue.
„I told you that I have nightmares, or flashbacks." I start with the easy part. Another nod from him tells me to go on.
„Every time I woke up from them, i was drenched in sweat and still could feel the panic. And that's normally the time when I notice someone standing there, in my room, watching me." I say, seeing his fingers and eyes twitching. Knowing that means he is more than just pissed at me for not telling me about it.
„At first She would leave immediately as I woke up and got my surroundings back on track. Then she would stay a bit longer, long enough to really look at her. She looked....I don't know how I should explain it. She looked like she feels the same pain as I just have gone through. Something about her reminds me about something important that I have forgotten, it's there but I can't grasp it!" I try to explain as best as I can to him.
„It started to become really soothing to know she was there. And I know it sounds crazy but I feel completely safe when she is around. Like she is the puzzle that I tried to find forever but never found!" I say with a sigh. Knowing how absolutely crazy that sounds, even to my own ears.
„She only started to talk to me a few days ago. I have tried way earlier to talk to her, but she never replied. The day I wanted to talk to Nate, I wanted to know if I am going insane. I mean, I saw someone that I wasn't even sure anymore was real, and as she started to say something. I just needed to ask him if I still am mentally stabil." I say and look over towards him only for him to shake his head at me.
„I know she is keeping something big away from me. Something that I have been looking for. And no, she isn't here to hurt or kill me. She had enough time and chances to do so. She even helped the last time I got shot. You were busy calling the ambulance and Hetty." I go on.
„Wait a second! Are you meaning to tell me that the one you started to see randomly in your bedroom, is the same one that I have told you about? The one who started with the Reanimation, the one who got the permission to ride with the ambulance along with you?!" he asks me in complete shock.
„Yes, she just told me tonight. That's why she also knows you a bit." I answer him, giving him some time to think this whole thing I just unloaded on him through.
„Ok. So if she doesn't want to hurt you, then why did she start to randomly get into your bedroom?" he asks me after some minutes of thinking.
„i asked her if we could meet somewhere else as well, she somehow thinks it can get dangerous for me, that's why doesn't want to." I tell him.
„She tried to leave after I asked her. So I pulled her into my chest and kinda begged her to stay. I was afraid that I would never see her again. I can't describe the feeling I had when that happens. It was like someone literally pulled out my heart and I was absolutely lost." I tell him, not even embarrassed at how pathetic I sound.
„After That she stayed. We talked the rest of the night about everything and nothing. I don't know how I should explain what is between her an me. I only know that I never felt like that before." I end my explanation with a confused shrug. His face has slowly morphed from angry to understanding and now to something I don't know.
„You love her. That's the feeling you can't describe. It's exactly how I always felt with Michelle. A feeling of coming home, of being complete for once." he tells me and I see his pain that he tries to hide.
„I am sorry Sam, I didn't mean to bring back.." I start but he interrupts me by pulling me into a tight hug.
„Don't be Sorry about it. I am just really happy and proud of you!" he whispers before pulling back and wiping the few tears from his eyes that had managed to sneak out.
And with that out of the way, we get back out on the road to drive to work, where we definitely are going to be late!