20

Sam's pov:
Since I couldn't sit a minute longer on those hard as rock chairs, I start to pace up and down again. It doesn't take long before Deeks lays a hand on my shoulder.
„Calm down sam, it wouldn't help you nor Callen if they decide to throw you out of the hospital for getting everyone on edge. Sit down, let me get you a coffee!" he instructs me and points towards two security guys who keep on watching me suspiciously. Taking a deep breath before nodding at him. He is right, I need to pull myself together. Its about G's health, so I need to be around for him when he wakes up. No idea what had happened between Maya and him that made him jump out of the second floor, but this time I sure won't let them stay alone together. Only if I am more than 1000% sure they both got their emotions in check!!
„Mister Hanna! Here, take a seat and try to calm yourself! You wont be able to help Mister Callen any other way." Hetty says, already pointing towards a chair in the middle of Gibbs and Deeks. Both of them look at me with worried faces, but they shouldn't worry about me. They should worry about G, he is the one getting on operated on! For the second time in a row as well!! Ziva has been moving from here to Maya's room and back again. She told me that Maya wants to keep posted on G's condition. She herself also feels like she has to choose between her work family and her family which is something she has never wanted to do. So she decided to divide her time the best she can. Ziva and i never had much to do with each other, but I have to say I respect her for her loyalty towards Gibbs, as well as her loyalty towards her sister.
After I don't know how many hours, Well it also could of been a way shorter period of time but it felt like days and not only hours. Dom comes out of the OR looking exhausted and tired. When our eyes lock he nods at me, feeling myself suddenly breath a lot easier than before.
„What happened?" I ask him when he was near us. He looks around to see all of us waiting anxiously at his reply.
„He is doing fine at the moment. I needed to take out his spleen completely because otherwise we couldn't stop the bleeding fast enough. Apart from that he had indeed ripped some sews on his liver. But as I was saying, for the moment he is fine." he tells us but looks at me the whole time, guess my threat had at least helped to get some informations out of him.
„I decided to put him in the ICU for some days. At least till he starts to properly wake up again." he says after a sigh. My forehead instantly pulls up. Why is he at the ICU now and not prior to this incident?
„Because by removing the spleen there is a higher chance that he starts to bleed again. So just to be on the safe side I thought the ICU would be a better fit." he answers my unasked question. Nodding at him in thanks for his help and for telling us what was going on here.
„Can we see him? Or can I stay with him? I don't feel like letting him alone would be a good idea right now? I definitely don't want a repeat of last time!" i tell him. Challenging him to dare say no to my request, but other than expected he only shrugs his shoulders before waving a nurse over and telling her to please get another bed into G's room.
„If your questions are answered than, I would bring you to his room. I am afraid though one visitor is more than enough for the time being." he says with a small frown. So I tell the rest of them thanks for coming and waiting for any news on G. Also promising them that as soon as something might change I am going to contact them. Kensi as well as Deeks offered to get the kids for the night and to not worry about them. After some more hugs and good buys, Dom moves towards a small elevator around the corner.
„Do you know what happened before he jumped out of the window?" I ask him, kind of not believing that he has no idea of what was going on.
„Honestly, I have no idea! I only know that he got up to use the bathroom and never got back out." he answers me honestly. Which surprises me but it's soothing to know that he doesn't lie about things that are this serious and important.
„Thats his room. I see Alice has already brought another bed for you." he says already entering one of the cubicles around here.
„Just try and be quiet, there are a lot of other patients here that need to rest." he asks me before leaving me alone with a G that is hooked up am pretty much every machine that was inside of that room. I quietly take one of the two chairs that were standing in a corner and sit myself next to G's bed.
„Don't scare me all the time like this!" I tell him sternly while taking his cold hand in mine.
„You seriously should start to think about us before doing something this foolish! We are your family! Have you the slightest idea how we are going to feel if we lose you!?" I scold him quietly. Since I don't know what else I could tell him, I go on about how I threatened pretty much everyone to safe him. How the team nearly had to cuff me to those uncomfortable chairs Unruhe waiting area. And just like he was clearly hearing everything I was telling him, his heartbeat got quicker and then slower again. His hand also sometimes squeezes mine, which lets me hope that he is going to be fine after all that nonsense is over!