17

Callen's pov:
Some ghosted fingertips running around my whole face, is what wakes me up slowly. Still trying to remain as unmoving as I can be, since Maya seems to have her fun with remembering my whole face structure. It's like she try's to remember every little detail about it. However, when her soft and shy lips softly caress against mine, I totally lost my calm and immediately kiss her back. That's why the shy and soft caress, once again transforms into a full out make out session.
„Good morning Love." i mumble against her lips. Our foreheads pressed together, breathing pretty shallow.
„Good morning. Since when were you awake?" she asks me her hands slowly tangle themselves around my neck.
„Quit some time. But I didn't wanted to disturb you, it was soothing anyway." I tell her and once again pull back a hair strain that must have fallen into her face back behind your ear.
„How did you sleep?" she asks me in a whisper after she has made herself comfortable on my chest. A small smile immediately forms on my face at how comfortable she already seems to be around me.
„I slept pretty good! I love sleeping with you in my arms." I answer her, and just to proof my point I pull her even closer into my body. I also whispered my answer since no one of us wanted to wake the other patients around us on the station.
„How about you Love? Did you sleep alright? Are you in any pain?" I ask her softly, even though a bit afraid she is in some sort of pain since the last infusion she got was hours prior.
„I am more than Alright. The pain is bearable as well." she answers with a little giggle.
„Now stop worrying, I want to cuddle some more! You are like a Teddy bear, my teddy bear." she adds with a happy sigh. Chuckling at her absolute adorableness, while my heart swells in absolut pride that she has chosen me as her teddy bear. That I got her this comfortable that quickly, and that I was able to make her giggle that cutely.
„Good morning everybody!" a cheery Stephen comes into the room just as we were about to fall back asleep.
„Wake up you sleepy heads! It's already 10 am!" he adds since the both of us haven't moved a muscle at his statement.
„Don't be so loud!" Maya mumbles at him, trying to shoos him away, which honestly is adorable. Her eyes still closed and her right hand just waves towards the door, surely only guessing where Stephen is standing at the moment.
„Well, I know when I am not wanted. Still you guys need to eat something to be able to swallow your medication! so get up and eat something!" he tells us with finality. He also has no mercy at all, why you May ask, because he turns on the damn light which blinds us right away!
„Seriously!?" a still half asleep Maya shouts at him pretty angry. Well, I do remember that she wasn't an early riser by all means.
„It's ok love. He just wants us to get better soon, and to be able to get well, we need to take our medicine and eat. So rise and shine love!" I try to coax her out a bit.
„If you want to get up, go ahed but I am going to sleep! So get away from me!" She seethes out at me. And I would be lying if i said her statement didn't hurt more than the beatings I have received! It feels like her words literally sliced my heart apart! Trying to not let anyone see the hurt in my eyes, I slowly untangle myself from Maya, not wanting to hurt her gun wound, before sitting myself up on my end of the bed.
„I don't think you are able to stand up on your own Callen." Stephen tells me softly. He definitely has seen the tears swimming in my eyes, at least if his apologetic look is an indicator.
„I am just going to the bathroom, so no worries! it will work out just alright. I had way worse than this before." I tell him honestly, but my voice sounds absolutely nothing like it did only a few minutes prior.
„Grisha?" Mayas soft voice asks after me. But I just stand up, happy I at least got enough balance to move on my own. I am not ready to look at her right now, and I know I might overreact but I just wanted to help her wake up. And she just, ugh, I don't want to think about it. The second i enter the bathroom, i hurriedly close and lock the door behind me. Not wanting to see or hear anyone right now. The first tears already start to run down my cheeks, before dropping down on to the hospital gown. When I see my stash of clothes laying there, just waiting for me, I don't even think about it. I quickly put on my normal clothing, which is a bit uncomfortable, but not to bad either. Shaking my head at my red rimmed eyes that look back at me from the window. I turn on the water to cold and wash my face, in hope the cold water will make the red swollen eyes get less noticeable. After I dimmed myself to look pretty normal, I brush my teeth and look around the small bathroom, not ready to face Maya just yet. When I see the small window, that also was unlocked, I don't think about it for to long. My body seems to know exactly what to do as it squeezes itself through the window before jumping down and rolling itself up the second I get in touch with the ground under my feet again. Slowly standing up on my two feet, I dust myself off as good as I can before calling a cab. Of course after making sure I at least have some cash on me. So, where to now? I honestly would love to just leave everything and everyone and start somewhere new. But that would be to drastic, even for me. So after another deep sigh and one final look up towards the window I had just jumped out of. I give the taxi driver Sam's address, maybe I am lucky and he is still at home.