19

Maya's pov:
Fuck! What did I say that for again!!! I swear I am such an idiot! Why would I say something? Especially to Grisha! I have felt how he inwardly flinched away. Still he carefully untangled himself from me as to not hurt me. I am such an ass! Why would I say that to him, and than in such an angry and annoyed tone!
He just wanted to be nice, but of course I have to destroy everything good in my life! He now is sitting on his bed, it looks like he is about to fall out of, but he seems to have gotten his footing under control again.
„I don't think you are able to stand up on your own Callen." Stephen tells him softly, I can see his worried face.
„I am just going to the bathroom, so no worries! it will work out just alright. I had way worse than this before." He tells him. His voice a mixture of hurt and defeat. That is all my fault! Because of what I have said he is hurt now! Maybe he doesn't even want to see me ever again! I couldn't be mad at him if he decided to just leave me. My eyes already filling with unshed tears, my throat tightening in on itself.
„Grisha?" I softly whisper after him. He however only stiffens up a second before he stands up completely. He slowly and quite wobbly makes his way to the bathroom. The sound of the lock that falls in place was the last thing I heard. Afterwards everything was just completely quiet. My tears are now flowing down my face without a care. The sound of the lock sounded a lot like the last thing to this chapter. Like he already had himself locked out of this thing that we may were about to start. In a State of panic, i turn around. Wanting to go to him! To apologize, to do whatever is necessary to get him back into my arms.
„Maya, hey! Just give him some time to come to his senses. It was obvious that you were just sleep cranky." Stephen reassuringly tells me. But I know in my heart that that's not true! I have seen it in my own eyes, he has shut himself down, away from me! And I am sure he won't come back out of there if I don't at least try and apologize. I know I was just cranky like I always am in the morning, but Grisha doesn't know that! And he has taken it to his heart, which absolutely doesn't sit right with me!
„Can you push me o er there please?" I literally beg him. After a sigh he nods and gets the wheelchair closer towards me. It was hard and pretty painful to move that much, but I need to make sure he knows that I love him and that I didn't mean it the way he thought I did! I softly knock on the door, but he isn't answering.
„Grisha? I am sorry!" I say softly internally begging him to open the door.
„Please just open the door." I try again without any answer or any peep from within the bathroom.
„Grisha, please Open the door! Just let us talk this out!" I beg and plead for hours it seems, but there was no reply. No nothing.
„Please!" i beg again, the never ending tears still running down my Now definitely red face.
„Grisha?" i whimper into the door. Getting choked up once again. He isn't going to open the door! I knew it! I just thought we may can talk this out. It was just a misunderstanding from the beginning.
Stephens phone has rung a few minutes ago, but I don't mind his words. I just want to be back in Grishas warm an protective arms. Want him to keep calling me love, and make me giggle. But all that seems to have gotten way out of my reach because of my dumbness and thoughtlessness.
„Maya? He can't open the door." Stephen suddenly tells me with sad eyes. He takes in my full complexion before thinking if he really should tell me whatever he seems to know.
„Just tell me!" i say, slowly turning away from the door. He is right, Grisha won't ever open up the door as long as I am in front of it.
„Dom just called me. He works as paramedic today." he starts with an unsure look. I only nod at him exhausted and drained.
„He got a call from Sam, Callen's partner." he goes on while watching me like a hawk.
„Is he hurt? Or the kids?" I ask him worried something might have happen to either of them. They were so lovely when I met them yesterday.
„No, they are fine." he says with a sigh.
„Callen got there, looking pretty pale and shivering. Sam just got him a blanket and asked him what had happened when he had collapsed." he tells me as professional as he can. My whole world once again shuttered.
„But, but he, he just is in the bathroom. He can't! We are on the second floor!" I stammer out feeling completely helpless and confused. How did he got there? He must have jumped out of the window inside of the bathroom. That's just as bad as I hurt him. He would prefer to jump out of the bathroom window than to come back out to me. The tears once again started to fall even quicker, slowly I can see black spots dancing in front of my eyes.
„Dom is on his way back to here with Callen, he thinks he might has ripped one of his sews." Stephen goes on to inform me on what he knows so far.
„He has internal bleeding." i whisper more to myself than to him. Anyway he nods at me in answer. And that's it, just like that my whole body shuts down. The black spots getting more and more, while the room starts to spin faster by the second. And suddenly everything is black!