Chapter 7

«Sensei»

"Sasuke, calm down. I'll protect you all with my life. I will never let my comrades die," Kakashi shouted.

Miyuki couldn't cry, so she laughed. "Thanks, Kakashi! Thanks a lot! You sure did your job, didn't you?! Great job!"

Her mind was becoming clouded. Filled with fog.

"Maybe you could have made that motto years ago, and—" She cut herself off, gasping and coughing. "What the..what the hell just happened to me?!" She muttered confusedly, grabbing Sasuke's arm tightly with narrowed eyes.

He flinched at the feeling of her nails digging into his arm.

"Miyuki, you're hurting me," he said weakly.

Miyuki abruptly let go, her eyes filling with tears. She huffed, ready to take her anger out on Zabuza.

"She's B-Ranked as of the moment, but she should be up to standard by July."

She realised her mistake far too late.

She dodged every swing he made at her, but failed to notice the water clone behind her.

He forcefully shoved Miyuki into the water and trapped her with a water-prison jutsu.

She couldn't breathe.

Everything was water logged, only a small section at the top of the sphere breathable. The girl quickly undid the goggles from around her neck and lifted them, standing up and shoving them on so her eyes didn't sting anymore.

But she couldn't breathe—the feeling was so god-awful—why did it even exist it was badbadbad

She began drowning, desperately looking for a weakness in the sphere's chakra.

There was none. Miyuki wanted to scream in frustration but she had no air left to do so. She began sobbing, contemplating using the emergency necklace that Obito had given her.

She had no time to think; she couldn't breathewhat was the point it's not like she was going to come out of this alive. All because she thought she could go against a ninja stronger than her god what was wrong with her she wouldn't be like this now—

Everything became sharper in her vision, and the chakra in the sphere became visible. No time to dwell on what happened, Miyuki looked to try find a weakness.

There was none god why why why wasn't there one she just wanted to breathe again she couldn't breathe it had been barely a minute but she was drowning, what kind of elite ninja was she supposed to be maybe she should just end herself instead of—

The water prison broke.

Miyuki looked up to see that Naruto and Sasuke had led Zabuza away from Kakashi's water prison, and Kakashi had tackled the clone holding hers up.

Sitting on top of the water, she cried.

"Miyuki!" Sasuke shouted. Miyuki coughed out more water as her vision became hazy.

She wasn't going to pass out now; She wasn't weak, she was going to kill Zabuza.

But in spite of her words, she ended up fainting in Sasuke's arms.

'Thanks I guess, ....Kakashi-sensei..'

A/N

Jashin that was a hard chapter to make.

As someone who has nearly drowned almost twice, I surprisingly don't have a fear of drowning. I actually really like swimming lmao-

Not that I can do much of it in lockdown now.

But yeah, I went for a more realistic approach because I'm weird as fuck yo

~ Author-Nee