Chapter 45

« Face to Face »

Miyuki stared down with shadowed eyes at Sasori's body, biting her lip. Tobi crouched a little way away, trying to reach Sasori's ring from inside the rubble.

"W-W-W-WaiT!" He wailed. "I'm sure I can get it! Zetsu-san!"

Annoyed, Miyuki scowled, turning and shoving Tobi backwards, sticking her hand down and swiping up the ring before dropping it in the masked man's hand, fists clenching.

"Why?" Miyuki whispered to herself. "Why? Why?! Why'd he have to die?"

She glared up at Tobi. "I thought.." she swallowed. "I thought no more people I cared about would have to die. Why? Why did you lie to me?!"

Startled, Obito's eyebrows shot up from behind his mask. Glowing red eyes with pinwheel patterns glared into his lone sharingan.

Miyuki sighed frustratedly, swirling away.

::

"I-Impossible," Chiyo gasped. "He..He's alive."

Sakura gaped. "I thought having a bijū extracted killed you!" She exclaimed in shock.

With shaking hands, Chiyo turned to them. "Someone..must have healed him. Who would do that, though? A traitor to the Akatsuki? An infiltrator? A-"

"That would be me!" Came an innocent voice.

Naruto's eyes widened significantly, shakily turning around to see a short girl with raven hair and a mask sitting on the ground, knees knocking together whilst her feet rested apart.

"You!" Naruto yelled. "Why- Why would you-?!"

"I'm not a traitor, Uzumaki-chan," said the girl, leaping up to her feet with her arms behind her back. "I am a medic," she stated simply. "I don't like seeing people who can be saved die."

Chiyo gaped. "That is impossible," she denied. "One cannot bring another back from the dead."

Simply, the child shrugged. "Mm. Well, it was nice meeting you!" She exclaimed brightly, leaning back with her arms behind her head. "I don't like you though. You killed Sasori-nii. Kill anymore of my family and I won't hesitate to kill you. Ja ne!"

Kakashi went to stop her, eye narrowed as he swiped at her. She merely shunshinned away, giggling as she waved.

Kakashi scowled.

"Gaara!" Naruto shouted as a pair of seafoam green eyes blearily fluttered open.

::

Deidara sat on his bed, lone arm fiddling with the blue bedsheets absently as he sulked, resting his head on his knees.

A soft knock on the door alerted him of Yuu's presence.

"..Come in, yeah," he muttered. The door swung open and Miyuki twirled in, clad in her doctor's coat with a bright smile on her face. Deidara looked away pointedly.

"Look what I found!" She sang, holding something up.

Deidara choked at the sight of his missing arm being dangled in front of his face, pale and grey and dead-looking. "Holy shit, un!" He spluttered.

Miyuki pouted. "Watch your fucking language, Deidara-kun." Deidara snorted, managing a smile. She always got him to smile even when he was upset. It was one of the things practically everyone loved about her.

For someone so negative, Miyuki sure was an optimist. Deidara wasn't even sure if that made sense, but it did in his head so he was going to go with that.

"Ite!" He hissed as Miyuki grabbed his stub of an arm and inspected it, eyes narrowing in concentration.

"Grow up," she muttered as she positioned the arm against his shoulder. "Usuratonkachi."

"I'm not a loser!" Deidara protested, hissing again as she punched his shoulder. "Stop!"

Miyuki giggled sweetly, sending him a charming smile as she began reattaching his arm. Colour rose to his cheeks, royal blue eyes straying away from her captivating indigo ones.

She snickered inwardly. Her eyes weren't even purple.

The girl paused suddenly, stiffening as a grim look overtook her features. "Zetsu, get out. Or I'll get the weed killer."

Hearing a faint squeak, Miyuki smiled to herself.

"...I'm sorry about Sasori-nii," she whispered, hesitating. "I tried to help him, but.."

Deidara shook his head, frowning. "It's not your fault, un. You were with me, right?"

"If I were stronger," she muttered frustratedly. "I'd have been able to save him."

A knock at the door cut off Deidara, instead telling whoever it was to come in.

Kisame opened the door, eyebrow raised.

"Leader-sama and Konan want to see Tobi and you," he said, pointing at Miyuki. "Face to face."

Miyuki's gaze darkened. "I'll be there in five."

A/N

..

🧚‍♀️✨🥺 identity fraud ✨💖😌🧚‍♀️

~ Author-Nee