Chapter 15

« Aftermath »

Miyuki, hesitantly knocked on the door to the Nara main house, rubbing her bright red face to try calm the colour down.

Like last time, Yoshino opened the door. Miyuki hastily bowed, pulling on her hoodie sleeves anxiously.

"Oh my, you're out of the hospital!" Yoshino gasped, smiling. "Do come in, sweetheart. What did you need us for?"

Being shoved in, Miyuki stumbled slightly as she was led to the couch where she had lay before. "I-I wanted to thank you for helping me last week.." she said quietly.

Yoshino giggled and squealed. "It was no problem, deary, you don't need to thank us." Her face turned serious suddenly. "I would've done the same to anyone in that situation."

Miyuki smiled shyly. "Thank you."

She ruffled her hair. "It's fine. Would you like some cookies?"

Miyuki blinked, thinking for a moment. "Can I bring a couple home for..um, Sasuke?"

She wasn't sharing with Sasuke.

(Someone else.)

"Of course sweetheart," Yoshino said absently, standing up and basically flying into the kitchen. Miyuki watched curiously. For a Nara she sure was energetic.

::

"I'm home."

"Welcome home!"

Miyuki went upstairs this time rather than the kitchen, going up to the spare bedroom.

"I got you cookies, so behave."

He rolled his eyes, laughing. "Why would I ever misbehave, little Hime?"

Miyuki swatted his head playfully, grinning. "I know what you did to my mochi."

He paused, sheepishly smiling. "Huh?"

"You have five seconds to run."

"You'll never catch me."

"I know."

::

"You imbecile."

"I wasn't sitting that close to the TV."

"What have I told you about straining your eyes?"

There was a pause.

"Not to?" He offered.

"I hate you," Miyuki huffed, crossing her arms. "I would totally murder you if I wasn't late for training right now."

"How sweet," he replied, using his height to his advantage and kissing her on the cheek before shoving her out the door. "Have fun, Hime!"

"Screw you!"

::

"YOU'RE LATE!" Naruto screamed.

"I was rather early, actually, but I saw an old lady struggling with her bags and I just had to help her-"

Naruto screeched in frustration. "You're worse than Kakashi-sensei!"

Miyuki smiled creepily, looking strained. "Don't compare me to that man."

"Maa, calm down you two," Kakashi said, finally recovering from his blank state. His vision had completely blanked out as soon as she rushed out an excuse. One very, very familiar at that.

"Anyways, Hatake, I got the form," she said, closing her eyes, and offering up the form. He took it, raising an eyebrow as she snatched her hand away as if he had a disease or something.

"You hand that in at the exams," he replied, crossing his arms and clicking his tongue.

Miyuki stared at him for a moment.

His visible eye widened. "Did—Did I just-"

"Yes," Sasuke confirmed, a shit-eating grin (smirk) on his face. "Yes you did."

Naruto erupted into a fit of giggles. "Kakashi-sensei's a Sasuke! Kakashi-sensei's a Sasuke!"

Miyuki just stared at him, an emotion he couldn't quite make out in her eyes.

"I know," she finally said. "I was just rubbing it in your face that all three of us are going to the exams and you can't mock me for making the boys unable to compete. Regardless, you took it."

Kakashi looked at the form in his hand.

He gave it back. "Don't be late again."

"Hypocrite!" The boys shouted together, huffing.

"Anyways... I'm still recovering from, um, that thing. So if I'm not training today, can I..?"

"Huh?" Kakashi asked smartly.

"Ja!" She exclaimed hurriedly, running away.

"Boys," Kakashi said firmly. "What happened to Miyuki before she went to the hospital?"

Sasuke scoffed. "Maybe you'd know if you were actually there for her."

"She hates me."

"I know, but you could have at least visited her at the hospital while she was still delirious."

Kakashi gave him an incredulous look. "She. Hates. Me."

"And? Miyuki doesn't care. She hates you just as much as normal, no added tension," Sasuke told him flippantly. Kakashi felt his eye twitch.

"15 laps around the training grounds on your hands. Go."

Naruto groaned. "Unfair."

Obito narrowed his eyes at Kakashi from afar.

::

"Thanks for walking me home," Miyuki said softly. "I really appreciate it."

"It's fine. It's dark, anyways."

She giggled quietly. "You still didn't have to do it."

He rolled his eyes.

"Night, Shikamaru," Miyuki said, opening the door.

"Night," he replied, yawning.

He felt a small amount of colour rush to his face as she flashed him a smile before closing the door.

A/N

This was filler, mostly.

Chunin exams start next chapter!

That chapter will probably come out in a few hours—

~Author-Nee