Omake: Uchiha Obito

Uchiha Obito was kind.

All Uchiha felt very strongly. They were driven by their emotions, and they were strong from it. Simple evidence of this was their dōjutsu, the sharingan, which was unlocked during extreme emotional strain or a life-or-death situation.

Uchiha Obito felt this much stronger than many other Uchiha.

He was five when he met Rin. She was the only one that never laughed at him. She was the only one that believed in him. She was the only one who was truly kind to him.

He loved her.

That same year, he met that bastard, Kakashi. The Hatake loved riling him up, berating him, making fun of him.

Obito hated him.

But he didn't let that hate drive him.

He let his love drive him.

However, as many deceased Uchiha may tell you, neither can always be a good thing to be driven by.

He had dreams. Everyone had dreams, looking to the future with high hopes. Virtually impossible ones at that. His own was to become Hokage—the first Uchiha Hokage. Nothing could stop him from getting to that dream!

Right?

When he was ten, he was placed on a team with Rin. Obito was convinced it was fate, destiny, some god-like prompt to tell him they were meant to be.

There was also Kakashi.

Obito loved Rin. Rin loved Kakashi. Kakashi loved rules and regulations.

It was an odd love...line?

Namikaze Minato was a wonderful teacher. He seemed to favour Kakashi, however, either due to his potential or because he'd had Kakashi as a student for longer.

Obito just wanted to be recognised.

His parents weren't much in the picture. They didn't seem to care about him, nor his kid brother, Shisui. He lived with his grandmother instead, his parents deciding to just wash their hands of the two kids altogether.

His parents came back eventually. When he was eleven.

Why?

Mother was pregnant again. They were there to warn Grandmother that she would be dropping off another child in seven months, and took some money from Grandmother as they did whenever they came. Neither of Obito's parents inquired about their sons, only taking the money and leaving.

Another child abandoned.

The same year, he was sent off to one of the most important missions he had ever been deployed on. It could possibly end the war they were trapped in, and peace was all Obito really wanted.

And so chunin Uchiha Obito, chunin Nohara Rin, jounin Hatake Kakashi and jounin Namikaze Minato were tasked with destroying Kannabi Bridge.

Obito was furious. Kakashi was hardly human. How didn't he feel anything? They didn't know what was happening to Rin wherever the Iwa shinobi had taken her, and if she died because of Kakashi, he was going to murder him!

Defying the mission captain's orders, Obito ran away to look for Rin. Kakashi ran after him, cursing.

They found Rin and both escaped.

Both.

Obito lay unconscious, bleeding, dying in the cave as it collapsed in on him.

'You better look after her...Kakashi.'