Chapter 26

« Gone »

Naruto dropped the note in disbelief, his face crumpling and tears escaping his wide cerulean eyes.

No.

No.

No. This can't be happening.

He reread the note.

This had to be some kind of sick joke, right? Right? Miyuki's alive, isn't she? There's no way s-she's dead!

Right..?

Had she been caught in the invasion?

No..no, she said her body wouldn't be found.

Someone had killed her.

Naruto dropped to his knees and sobbed. He'd just lost his jiji. Why'd Miyuki have to leave him too?

She left him alone.

She left Sasuke alone.

No- No, he couldn't blame Miyuki. What was wrong with him? Of course he couldn't blame Miyuki! She'd never leave them on purpose.

(Miyuki scrunched up her eyes and wiped her tears. She had abandoned them. Her comrades. By her brother's own words, she was worse than scum, wasn't she?)

Naruto slipped on his shoes again and ran out of the Akasen, note crumpled in his clenched fist. He didn't bother to wipe his eyes. He knew the tears would keep coming.

The jinchuuriki sprinted into the Uchiha compound, rushing up to the biggest house and frantically knocking on the door.

A teenager—or was it an adult?—opened it. His hair was a curly black, matching his eyes, and his headband gleamed on his forehead. His eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"You here for Sasuke?" He asked softly like Miyuki always did when he was upset and gestured for him to come in. He nodded, lip quivering. "Sasuke, Naruto-kun's here!" He called.

"Coming, Shisui-Nii," came the answer.

Sasuke appeared at the base of the stairs, glancing at Naruto's shaking figure. "Dobe? ...you okay..?"

He broke down in sobs.

"Hey, hey," Shisui tried to soothe, patting Naruto's back before grabbing his shoulder. "Come into the living room and sit down."

Naruto was forced onto the sofa, muffling his sobs with a hand over his mouth

"Dobe," Sasuke frowned. "What's up?"

Shisui went into the kitchen to make them some coffee or tea (since Sasuke seemed to prefer tea) and left them alone to talk.

"I- No, it's- I don't-"

"Calm down, you dobe," Sasuke sniffed. "Take a couple deep breaths then tell me what's wrong."

Naruto inhaled and held his breath for ten seconds before exhaling.

"M-Miyuki," he whispered.

Sasuke blinked.

"Miyuki-chan's dead," he finally said.

The sound of a plate shattering echoed from the kitchen.

"She's what?!" Shisui yelled, coming back into the room in panic. "What?!"

Sasuke stared at him.

Naruto passed him the note, starting to cry again.

He read it, wide eyes scanning it before he choked out a sob.

"W-What..?"

"Sasuke," Shisui said frantically. "What?!"

Sasuke threw the note at him, face falling completely and tears forming in his eyes.

Shisui read the note three times.

He turned on his heel and walked out, slamming the door behind him.

"W-Who's that, anyway?" Naruto whispered.

"I-" Sasuke choked out. "That's Miyuki's big brother, Sh-Shisui. A-Apparently Miyuki found him after he tried to k-kill himself and she's healed him over the years.."

Sasuke broke down. "Miyuki's the only one who survived with me," he sobbed. "Why'd she have to die too?"

(Miyuki's throat clenched and she clutched her bag tighter, shakily taking a breath in. She'd be fine. They'd be fine, right?)

Shisui bit his lip so hard it began to bleed as he crossed the street. He quickly opened the door, shouting, "Tadaima!"

No answer. He sprinted up the stairs and burst into Miyuki's room, praying for a snarky response of, "Thanks for knocking."

He didn't.

He was instead greeted by the sight of blood stains, a broken window, and some shards from the vases and picture frames she had on her desk.

He gently closed the door before collapsing to his knees, clenching his fists and beginning to cry.

What did Miyuki do to deserve this? She was so, so kind. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Miyuki.

(Grimly, Miyuki closed her eyes. She smiled weakly. "A life for a life.")

It wasn't fair.

A/N
Good morning! Or evening, or afternoon, wherever you're from ^^

Did you like the Omake? I'm thinking of doing another one sometime soon.

I've planned out the ending now, and I've done a (kinda crappy tbh) drawing lmao.

Also this chapter almost made me cry while writing it >:(

~ Author-Nee