Chapter 44

« Yuu »

Miyuki sat with her legs folded beneath her on Deidara's bird, head down as she ignored the angry yells of her best friends.

"GIVE HIM BACK, YOU BASTARD!" Naruto roared, pupils slitting in his fury. The whiskers on his cheeks became more pronounced, eyes seeping from their usual cerulean to blood red. Deidara chatted idly to her, sending taunts towards the Konoha nin every so often. Deidara hardly ever looked her way, and she used that time to very discreetly inch her hand over Gaara's body.

She sent small bouts of medical chakra to him, coaxing him away from the jaws of death silently. He was just gone, his soul just barely in his body. Miyuki worked hard to try and bring the rest of his soul back in, get him breathing again, at least.

"The thing I hate about you Uchiha," Deidara drawled, hand under his chin as he stared down at the furious Sasuke. "Is how you think you can use your name as an excuse for everything. You think you're superior-"

Miyuki grabbed his wrist tightly, glaring at him. "Deidara. Stop provoking them."

Deidara groaned. "You know them or something, Yuu-chan?" He asked, raising an eyebrow delicately. Miyuki's fingers tightened, abruptly letting go.

"...No."

Deidara hummed. "I don't see why I shouldn't, then," he shrugged, grinning. "You're not from Konoha, are you?"

Miyuki ducked her head, shaking it as her hair fell over her masked face. Deidara eyed her curiously. "Where are you from? You don't have a headband. I know you came from somewhere, un. Leader-sama said you graduated the academy when you met us."

Miyuki muttered inaudibly, snorting.

Deidara pouted. "I kinda wish I payed attention in history classes now. Maybe I could piece clues together and figure it out, yeah."

"In case you haven't noticed, Sharingan Kakashi is about to attack you," Miyuki pointed out quietly. Deidara paused for a moment, processing the information before letting out a shriek as he just barely dodged an attack the Hatake sent towards them.

Swiftly, Miyuki caught the kunai between her fingers and hummed, running her finger across the blade slowly. Deidara scowled. "Oi, what was that for hm?!"

"I wonder," Miyuki murmured under her breath as she laughed quietly, rolling her eyes.

"Who do you think you are?" Sasuke scowled. "Coward. Hiding behind a mask."

Miyuki turned silently, tilting her head and not making a sound despite the tears leaking out of her eyes. She noiselessly indicated Kakashi, who was sweatdropping.

"Not what I meant," Sasuke grumbled.

"Stop trying to be cool, Sasuke!" Naruto yelled. "They've got Gaara! Who do you think you are, hiding behind a mask like that?!"

"Dobe, I just said that!" Sasuke spat.

"Shut up, Teme."

Deidara's face scrunched up, looking between the angered blond and the body of the redhead. Miyuki swiftly pulled a hand away from his heart. The ex-Iwa nin let out an 'oh.'

"You're the Kyuubi jinchuriki!" He realised, snapping his finger and pointing at him as his other hand wandered down to his clay pouch. "No wonder you're so hell-bent on getting the dead guy, un."

Miyuki shook her head silently, punching Deidara's arm. "Stop teasing them. Start attacking them."

"Yuu-channn," he whined. "Come onnnn. Let me have some fun, at least, hm!"

After a pause, Miyuki closed her eyes.

Yuu giggled. "Alright, Dei-kun!" She said brightly, clapping her hands. Deidara looked startled for a second, eyes widening as he dropped his clay. "Aw, come on! Let's go!" She whispered loudly, haphazardly throwing a kunai at the enemy ninja below.

"Stop playing around!" Sasuke growled. Yuu tilted her head, seeming to pout.

"Don't be a meanie, Sasu-chan!" She whined, crossing her arms. "Or I'll stop you myself!" Yuu declared, standing up abruptly. Her foot seemed to slip, body falling backwards as Deidara let out a yelp. She caught herself with her chakra on the bottom of Deidara's bird, giggling gleefully. Unconsciously, the blond criminal shuddered. Her behaviour had completely changed. It was an instant transition, and it was pretty terrifying up close to see someone usually silent on the battlefield so playful.

"Don't call me that," Sasuke hissed, sharingan flashing. You giggled delightedly, humming as she tapped her mask with her finger.

"Why not? Does someone else call you that? A girlfriend? A family member?" She let out a gasp. "Oooh! I forgot. You're the third to last Uchiha, aren't you?" Yuu paused, seeming to light up. "Oops! I meant second to last. The girl is dead, right?"

Deidara blinked at the harsh nature of the seemingly innocent words, cringing.

"Hold on, Yuu-chan," Deidara said suddenly as his clay insects crawled towards the leaf ninja. Quietly, for once in his life, Deidara said, "Didn't you mention a 'Sasu' a couple years ago? You said he was your cousin, right?"

Yuu tilted her head. "I don't think we're talking about the same person, Dei-kun," she said simply, smiling innocently, not that Deidara could see it. He could sort of sense it, though.

Miyuki silently, with half lidded eyes, noted the negotiation her old team was having. Both boys looked absolutely livid at the teasing about Miyuki, much to her surprise. Kakashi lifted his headband suddenly, Yuu letting out an "Ooo!" In response.

Fascinated, she leaned forward, watching as Kakashi's eye spun into that of the mangekyo sharingan.

Yuu brightly laughed, feeling a sudden, steady heartbeat beneath her palm as her fingers pinched a nerve on a certain redhead's neck to ensure he wouldn't wake up.

"This is getting interesting!"

A/N
I DID IT OH WOW UHM-
Last chapter was really short so-

Woohoo Yuu is actually Miyuki's repressed personality yay-

~ Author-Nee