Chapter 22

« Anticlimatic Fights »

What kind of ninja blurts out their techniques as soon as they start?

Well, this one, apparently.

"You'll lose right away!" Yoroi boasted arrogantly. "My jutsu sucks chakra out, so you'll be down in less then a minute!"

Naruto blinked.

Hayate coughed a little before uncertainly calling out. "Start!"

Yoroi rushed towards Naruto, ready to fight, but the blond kind of just stood there, watching with an eerie blank look on his face as Yoroi began absorbing his chakra.

Sasuke confusedly looked at Miyuki for an explanation. "What the hell is the dobe doing?"

Miyuki's smile turned smug. She barked out a laugh, eyes shining. Naruto really was smart. "You'll see. Oh, who knew Naruto was smart?"

"Weather's nice," Naruto commented casually about half a minute in.

Yoroi scowled. "You're going down, and you're not even fighting back? You might as well forfeit."

Naruto snorted.

And a few moments later Yoroi passed out.

Blinking in surprise, Hayate rushed over to announce the winner. His mouth parted in surprise, making him lapse into another coughing fit.

"A-" he coughed again. "Akadō Yoroi is unconscious due to chakra overload! Uzumaki Naruto proceeds to the final round!"

The room was silent for a few seconds before going into uproar. "What?! All he did was stand there! What did he do?"

Miyuki giggled. "Well he sure knows how to use his head. He could've just broken his neck instead of waiting, but I get it."

Sasuke looked at her, perplexed. "What did the dobe even do?"

The Uzumaki appeared, a smug look on his face that radiated pride. "Did'ya see me? I wanted more of a fight, but it was hilarious! His face!" He laughed.

"That was smart," Miyuki complimented. "He shouldn't have exposed his techniques right at the beginning."

"I know, right?"

Sasuke nudged the girl again. "What did he do?"

"Like Hayate said," Miyuki replied, shrugging. "Akadō passed out from chakra overload. Naruto has an ungodly amount of chakra. Like, genuinely. An unholy amount."

Sasuke blinked in slight shock. "Really?"

"Mhm. Oh, the randomiser's going again. That fight was sorta anticlimactic so I hope this one's cooler."

The glowing yellow words spun for a moment before landing on two.

Nara Shikamaru vs Tsurugi Misumi

Miyuki groaned. "Eww, another one."

A Konoha ninja made his way down, clad in the exact same wear as Yoroi had been.

Her nose scrunched up. "Hey, aren't those Yakushi's teammates? How'd they not get kicked out?"

Sasuke's eyes flashed brown. "Plot," she—he—she—he whispered, grinning with wide eyes.

"What the fuck?"

She shrugged it off as Sasuke's eyes went onyx again, a confused look on his face.

Hayate coughed and he coughed and he coughed and blood covered his hand and she cried and cried and cried as he told her it was going to be okay, his dark eyes soft and announced the beginning of the match.

"Nara Shikamaru vs Tsurugi Misumi! Begin!"

They were definitely teammates.

Because Misumi began gloating about his abilities the second the match started, pointing to himself and, conceitedly, declared he'd win easily.

Yeah, and then he froze.

"Man, that was easy," Shikamaru stated, yawning.

Miyuki burst into laughter. "What kind of ninja doesn't pay attention to his surroundings?" She giggled, lifting her arm sharply and catching a kunai between her fingers. She shot a dirty look over her shoulder. "Fuck off, Hatake."

Kakashi rolled his eyes, leaning back onto the wall and continuing reading his por- ah, incredibly well written, detailed romantic literature. "Language."

She flipped him the bird.

"W-Why can't I move?" Misumi gaped.

"Idiot," Miyuki snorted. "How'd he even become a genin?"

Shikamaru rolled his eyes. "You weren't paying attention so I caught you with my sha-"

Miyuki blanched. "Oi, Shika, don't go blurting out your techniques!"

Shikamaru paused, frowning. He then shrugged. "I guess."

The Uchiha twitched. "And they say his IQ is over 200."

"Tsurugi Misumi is unable to move. Nara Shikamaru proceeds to the final round!"

The randomiser began turning as Shikamaru made his way back up to his team, yawning and muttering about how he needed a nap. Mood.

Two names flashed bright yellow on the screen, and Miyuki blinked.

Yamanaka Ino vs Uchiha Miyuki.

A/N
I'm changing my username because my current one doesn't fit. I wanna keep the next one, but I don't know what to change it to??

Help-

Also, I'm gettin to the good stuff now. What the hell is up with ..Miyuki when Hayate coughs?

Sorry for the short chapter ^^

~ Author-Neechan