Awaken~(Kuzupeko)

A/N: I'm in a Kuzupeko mood right now, curse this video! It always makes me cry! Y'all should really watch it though. Okay then, i'm droning on... xD On with the story!

Fuyuhiko's POV~
     It had been months since the Neo World program had ended. All of our classmates that had been "murdered" or "executed" were in a coma, just waiting to wake up. Well, except Nanami. She turned out to be an AI of a real girl Hajime had once loved. I felt bad for him, he really missed her. Soon enough our friends started to wake up. First came Teruteru, then Byakuya, followed by Mahiru and Mikan. Hiyoko and Ibuki came soon after as well as Nekomaru, Gundam and Nagito. Everyone had woken up. Except Peko...
     I waited for her every day and every night. Days, weeks, and months passed by without a sign of her revival. The doctors said she was too far gone but I just screamed at them to F off. Peko was strong, there was no way she was going to die. After a whole year I started to lose hope a little. I was reminded by Hajime and Souda not to give up. They believed in me and they believed in Peko. I tried to think on the bright side but it was hard...I wondered if Peko was really dead.

[                            < < <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > > >                                  ]

     I walked into Peko's room and tally marked her chart, 423 days and counting. As usual I skipped breakfast and pulled up a chair beside her pod. Even through the green plexiglass she still looked beautiful. Like normal I told her about my day and what was going on with everyone.
     "Mornin' Peko, I assume you wanna hear all the latest news! Well, did ya know Sonia and Gundam started dating last week, finally right?! And that Nagito has actually left Hajime alone for a change. He's doing a lot better by the way, he's recovered well from the whole "Kamakura" thing. Oh, and one more thing. Tomorrow we're getting on a boat to Jabberwock island. The real thing this time. The doctors said the medical equipment is too heavy duty to bring with us so I'm hoping you can come back before then, or else i'll just stay here...waiting...as always. Tears started to run down my cheeks, falling onto the green pod.
     "Peko...I-I love you! I always have! I need you, please wake up! I miss you so much!" I shouted at her, putting my head down on the pod. I ran my hand against the glass as if I was touching her face. I just wanted her back. Just as a I was about to leave a sudden light arose from the pod. I whipped my head around to see it opening. Out of the light came a tall pale girl, her gray hair in loose waves. She looked around for a moment before her crimson eyes locked on me. She gasped in surprise as I realized it was really her. I ran to her side, tears pouring out of my tired eyes. I gently grabbed her hands as she looked at me in shock. She was really back.

Peko's POV~
     I blinked in the harsh light, standing right there was Fuyuhiko. The boy I had protected my entire life. The one I had secretly loved for longer than I could remember. He was right there, smiling at me. He ran to my side and grabbed my hands. I weakly squeezed them. I was feeling very tired.
     "Young mas-Fuyuhiko...what happened? How am I alive?" I asked. He then told me about the Neo world program and the Future foundation and how everyone was alive. I smiled at the thought of seeing my friends again. It then hit me how long I was away from him. I stumbled out of my pod and onto the ground, pulling him with me. I embraced him tightly not wanting to let go. He hugged me back and held me in his arms after we had finished.
     "Peko, I've been waiting here for more than a year. Every day. I care about you so much and I want you to know that...I love you!" He said in an outburst before pulling me closer to him and closing the gap between our lips. We kissed for what seemed like an eternity, neither one of us wanting to be the first one to pull away. When we finally did I started to cry.
     "Fuyuhiko, I love you too, I can't believe I'm alive and I get to see you. It's a miracle! I never want to leave your side again!" I said, holding him close.

And she never did~ 💜

793 words <3