Office Hours~(Naegiri)

(I wrote this for Naegiri week so if you've read my Naegiri week book you've already seen this)

A/N: Good day people of the Naegiri religion I am back to bless you with another fanfiction, you're welcome in advance~ (I hate myself ejdjwjfjwj)

Category: Fluff because i can't write anything else fjejdjwjxua (but a slight bit of s p i c e because Kyokos a fucking top)

Despair AU

Takes place while Makoto is running hopes peak after the second thh cast killing game

Enjoy as always!

Makoto's POV-
     I sat in my office in exhaustion. I hadn't gotten decent sleep in weeks...ever since the scare of almost losing Kyoko I haven't been the same. Nobody knew that her "death" had been affecting me as greatly as it did, much less Kiri herself. I longed to tell her but I knew she'd just be worried about me as always. I yawned before reaching for the intercom microphone to make the morning announcements.

     Before I could say one word I heard a sharp knock on my door. I immediately recognized the tone of the knock:

"Come on in Kiri!" I yelled as I put the microphone down.

My best fiend walked in with a small smile on her lips.

"How'd you know it was me?" She asked, leaning on my desk.

"We've known each other for so long, I know your knock by heart." I replied without missing a beat. She laughed.

"That's cute but extremely dorky."

We both chuckled before she sat across from me with a serious expression.

"Sorry to intrude on your morning announcements...I've been meaning to chat with you about something."

"The lunch specials and yearbook prices can wait, is everything okay?" I asked while grabbing her hands. She blushed a little.

"You know how close we are Makoto...I can't exactly keep things like this to my coworker and best friend." She said with a sigh, looking down at our hands.

"I love you...I always have. I died knowing you would live in my place, I didn't sacrifice myself for you because you're my friend I did it because you are my everything. I've felt incomplete and empty my entire life. You pulled me into the light from the shadows. I want to be more with you...that is, if you feel the same way."

I leaned across my desk and placed my lips on hers in response. She smiled and started to cry. By the end of the kiss we were both a sobbing mess. I got up from my chair and rushed over to hold her in my arms. She laughed through her tears and hugged me back.

"I love you too Kyoko, you are everything to me and I'd be honored to be your boyfriend."

"Makoto promise me something, we can't tell the others yet...it's too soon. Besides, we don't need rumors to start around the school. Nobody will take us seriously." I nodded.

"Don't worry, I agree with you. We'll remain professional around the other survivors for now."

"I'm glad we're together you dork."

"Me too Kiri..."

_____________

It's been a few weeks since Kyoko and I started dated and it's been perfect so far. Except for the fact that we have to keep our relationship from the others. It's hard lying to our friends but she promised we'd tell them soon.

My thoughts were interrupted by Kiri's signature knock on the door. I jumped up from my seat and opened it and pulled her inside by her tie. She laughed at my actions and kissed me through her giggles. She quickly took over and pinned me against the back wall of the office and peppered my face with little kisses. I laughed and kissed her lips before she could delay it anymore.

"Mmm I don't want you to go yet~" I whined. She kissed my cheek.

"I know darling but we only have 5 minute breaks between classes. I need to go to a meeting at the other side of the school."

I straightened her tie and gave her one last kiss before she waved goodbye and left. But the second she went out the door a certain ultimate swimmer rushed in.

___________

"MAKOTO NAEGI I SAW THAT!!!"

"Hina for gods sake please calm down..." I sighed in distress.

"How long has this been going on?!"

"A few weeks...I'm quite surprised it took you this long to spy on us, you're usually quick to stick your nose into these sort of things."

"Have you told the others?" She asked with a more serious demeanor.

"Not yet, but I suppose it's no use in hiding it, we'll tell everyone this afternoon. Kiri's not going to be pleased but you can't deny the inevitable..."

_____________

"You really thought we wouldn't notice-? God Makoto you are an imbecile aren't you?" Togami sneered. Fukawa clung to his arm and responded as well:

"Yeah! You guys are not subtle in the slightest with your little 'mid day make out sessions' and all..."

"Geez guys at least be happy for them, I had no idea myself." Hiro replied to the couple. They laughed.

"Of course you didn't know." Byakuya snickered.

"Y'all have just gotten meaner the longer you've been dating-" Asahina sighed at Toko and Byakuya. "Anyways we are really happy for you guys. But let's just say we all saw it coming."

Kyoko shrugged.

"I'm glad we don't have to sneak around anymore...hiding the one you love isn't an easy task you know." She smiled at me. I kissed her cheek and leaned into her shoulder in embarrassment.

It was all in the open now, but maybe next time we tell our friends first...

935 words