Masquerade~(Togafuka)

A/N: I wrote this at 3 am last night cause I was too stressed to sleep despite having multiple requests...i'll manage. I hope you enjoy though!

Category: Fluff...? Yeah most likely—

Despair AU

Enjoy!

Togami's POV-
After the tragedy everything changed. I didn't have a family anymore, Junko left them to die. The fate of the Togami name lie in my hands. To continue the legacy I made the first important decision...I was going to get married. It's part of my duty to get married to a wealthy girl so she could conceive the future heirs to the Togami corporation. As horrible as it sounds it's true...I'm still young but that's not too big a deal. I just needed a way to meet potential wives. Then I remembered an old tradition of the masquerade ball. It would work nicely yes...Luckily a few of my servants had survived through the tragedy so I put them to work. In a few weeks we had everything prepared for the ball.
Despite my constant protests they insisted I invited the rest of the survivors. It'd been 3 years since we escaped Hopes Peak and I definitely didn't miss anyone. But I suppose i'd be nice to see them at the party.
Maybe even nice to see Toko-

2 days later...

It was the evening of the ball and I was less than excited...I didn't really want to get married. Even less to someone I barely knew, but I really had no choice. I put on my suit and tie and walked out of my room and down the stairs sporting a fake grin.
I scanned the crowded room when my eyes stopped at one girl.
She had short dark violet hair and a medium length red dress and black heels. She also had a gold gem studded mask covering her face. I had to do a double take...she was stunning.
I placed my olive green mask over my eyes and walked over to her. She was all alone sipping some punch from a glass when I approached her. She looked up at me and immediately turned bright red.
"H-hi! What are you doing here...?" She asked, playing with her hair nervously.
"I'm quite bored so I came to say hi, what's your name?" I answered quickly.
She looked at to me with a confused expression then nodded to herself.
"My names not that important...i'm just wondering why you're talking to me. I'm kind of a nobody."
"Because you looked...nice. I thought you needed some company."
"T-thank you! That's sweet of y-you!" She stuttered.
That voice...I swear i've heard it before but it couldn't be anyone I knew...she looked so different than anyone I had ever met.
"Would you like to dance?" I asked, extending my hand to her. She tentatively took it so I led her to the dance floor.
"I-i've never really danced before..." She whispered in fear. I smiled at her, a real genuine smile.
"Me neither...I suppose we'll help each other then."
I placed one hand on her waist and held hers with the other. Her hands were soft and warm. I don't think i've ever held anyone's hand before. It was so...incredible.
We swayed to the beat of the music for a bit. Every so often she would look up at me and grin.
I eventually grabbed both her hands and led her away from everyone else and out to the balcony. The stars shone bright as we stood there together. She leaned her head on my shoulder and sighed contently. I turned to her after a while.
"I have to know...who are you really? We've had such an amazing night so far and I want to get to know you better."
"I don't think you'd like me as much," she laughed.
"Why not?"
She sighed and took off her mask, revealing a certain purple eyed girl.
"Toko!?" I gasped. She just heaved a sigh.
"Hey Byakuya..."
"Why didn't you tell me earlier...?"
"Because I knew you wouldn't talk to me if I told you. This was the only chance I had to get closer to you...I just had to take it. Now that you know it's me feel free to hate me agai—Mfff!"
I cut her off my pressing my lips to hers. She gasped but then wrapped her arms around my neck and smiled. As we pulled away she clung on to me.
"Do you really like me that much...?"
"Maybe I do~"

I knew right then that I didn't need to continue my legacy. I knew what was the most important thing in my life...and she was standing right in front of me.

797 words <3