Baby Troubles~(Naegiri)

A/N: Little Naegiri kid fic I wrote last night! Nozomi is my Naegiri kid oc and I love her to death— xD

Category- Fluff???

Non-despair au

Enjoy my lovelies~!

Makoto's POV-
     I'm going to be blunt...when Kyoko and I had Nozomi I was not prepared. Not in the slightest. I had always wanted to be a dad but I didn't know the first thing about parenting. I didn't tell Kyoko how stressed I really was because she didn't need more to worry about. The first few months were hard but Kyoko was a great mother like I knew she'd be. I tried to help but she ended up just doing the work for me. I couldn't be luckier to be married to such an incredible girl...After Nozomi's first birthday I knew I had to step it up.

     So I told Kyoko to go out with Toko and Hina for the day while I took care of the baby. She reluctantly agreed and went off with her friends leaving me and my tiny gremlin alone.

     You see, Nozomi was...special. She never screamed or cried but she talked, a lot. Mostly babbling but I was a bit worried when she said her first word: Guts! And she yelled it out like she was so proud of herself. Where in the world did she even hear it?! I'm guessing from Toko and Byakuya's kid Akito...she was interesting as well.

Back on the subject of Nozomi: I had no idea what to do with her...so I decided that I could go to the park and push her on the swings. She always liked when Kyoko did it. So I threw Nozomi in her stroller and walked off to the park by our house. She babbled and giggled the entire way there. She was a very happy kid, living up to her name...it means hope of course! As soon as we arrived I noticed a tan skinned baby crawling around in a sand pit so I dropped Nozomi beside her to see if they could get along. The other girl looked at her inquisitively before throwing sand at her face and laughed in triumph. Nozomi's lip quivered before she burst into tears. I scooped her up quickly and tried to calm her down, but nothing was working! How the heck was Kyoko so good at this?! Just as I was trying to get Nozomi to calm down a large woman rushed over to the other little girl and scolded her. When she turned around I realized it was Sakura!

      "Hey Sakura! I didn't recognize you! Is that little Yua there? It's been forever since I saw her! She's gotten so big!" I managed to say over my daughter's cries. Sakura smiled and nodded kindly.

     "Yes she has gotten quite big hasn't she, she looks so much like Hina these days...on another note I apologize for her behavior. She's a bit cheeky this one~"

      "No it's alright, it happens! I just don't know what to do to calm Nozomi down...she never cries!" Sakura held out her arms so I gave her Nozomi to see if she could help. She rocked her a little and soon enough she was fine. I was relieved but also...hurt. Did my kid not even like me? Sakura handed strapped her into her stroller and scooped up Yua to wave goodbye. I said my farewells as the two of them walked away. I looked down at my smiling baby and wondered to myself: 'What did I do wrong...?'

LATER THAT EVENING

     "Makoto i'm home!" Kyoko called from the front door. She walked into the living room and sat beside me giving me a kiss on the cheek. She noticed my sad demeanor and grabbed my hand.

     "Darling what's the matter? I can tell something's bothering you." I laughed, she knew me too well.

      "I just feel lost...you've been such an amazing mother to Nozomi, but she never seems to want to connect to me. No matter what I try she never seems that interested. What am I doing wrong?!" I cried, burying my head in my hands. She hugged me close and spoke:

    "You are doing your best right now, Nozomi is still young. Things will change, she's only one. She won't want me the rest of her life, she'll need her father. And when those days are near you'll know. You'll be there for her, because you are an amazing human being and will give her as much hope as you gave me when we met. I believe in you Makoto~" I teared up at her statement and smiled.

     "You're right...as always." Just then a certain baby toddled into the room and grabbed onto my leg and giggled.

     "Dadda!" She cried out with pure joy. I looked at Kyoko in surprise. This was her second word! I picked up our baby and held her tight, kissing her tiny forehead. Kyoko leaned her head on my shoulder and smiled. I love our little family with all my heart~