So we meet again~(Togafuka)

A/N: This was a request from the lovely cherry-cheescake Ily! <3

Category: Fluff (obviously)

Takes place after the killing game

Enjoy as always! <3

TOKO'S POV-
In a way, you can always predict the future. Not scientifically, but it can be pretty accurate. Intuition is a magical thing I've come to discover. I predicted that someday we would escape the killing game, and it came true. I also predicted that when the whole "despair crisis" had blown over the Future Foundation would be disbanded. That also came true. But no prediction in the world could have prepared me for what happened today...

A few hours earlier~

I had just walked into my favorite coffee shop so I could possibly have a burst of inspiration for my upcoming novel. And if I didn't get inspired then maybe the caffeine would help. I waited in line and ordered my usual: three shots of espresso...I'm a writer don't judge me.

As I sat down to wait for my drink a certain someone caught my eye. He was tall with golden blonde hair and icy blue eyes. My heart fluttered just by the mere sight of him. He was very familiar but I didn't know why or where I knew him from. As most introverts do in a situation such as this, I ignored him.

I heard the barista call my name so I got my drink and sat down again, pulling my laptop onto the table to get to work on my current story.

As I opened up my document I caught the same guy locking eyes with me. I shrugged and looked away. If he did in fact know me I doubt he'd recognize me. I've changed a lot since a couple years ago. I cut my hair, changed the look of my clothes and learned how to take better care of myself. I even went to see a therapist to help with my anxiety and childhood trauma. As morbid as that sounds i'm starting to heal. It's no picnic but everyday is getting a little easier. I still connect with my friends from Hopes Peak as well. After Kyoko almost dying on us Makoto spared no time in asking her to be his girlfriend. They live in the same apartment complex as me and they're very happy together. They never fail to make me smile. Komaru lives next door to me as well. After risking our lives for each other we knew it would impossible to live too far from one another. I'm incredibly lucky to have a best friend like her. Hina lives a few blocks away and has a donut shop nearby as well (naturally). I haven't talked to Hiro in a while but I believe he lives in the city working as a fortune teller. And Togami.....I haven't seen him since...well— Towa city I suppose. I realized a long time ago that what he did to me was rude and unforgivable, but I can't help but miss him. Who knows, maybe he's changed too.

     My thoughts were interrupted by the barista calling out someone's name. It wasn't mine but...I knew it immediately.   

      "Byakuya Togami!"

     My heart stopped as I peered over to the counter. The same guy from earlier got up, received the drink then sat down...so it was him.  As soon as he sat down I took a deep breath and walked over to his table. He eyed me suspiciously as I sat down across from him.

      "I'm amazed it took you this long to notice." He said with a smirk.

      "Same old Togami, can't say I'm surprised." I replied.

     "You're one to talk, I could barely recognize you! No more stuttering, no more "master" crap. I'm only 60% sure you're real at this point." I laughed.

     "You could say I've worked on 'self improvement.' Also, when did you get so friendly?"

     "When I realized being an asshole wasn't a personality trait. I grew up, as it seems you have as well."

     He scooted his chair closer to mine.

     "Toko...if I may, I'd like to apologize. For everything. I was a horrible person as a teen and was a jerk to you. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

     "I-I...I forgive you. It's been so long since then, it's a pain to dwell on the past so much." I replied. For the first time ever I saw Byakuya Togami smile at me. A real, genuine smile.

     "This is probably extremely uncalled for but, may I ask you something Toko?"

     "Sure, go ahead."

     "So you see, a year or so ago I started to think about you...a lot. And how you always had feelings for me. I then wondered if I had some of those same feelings. Now, after a lot of thinking I've deduced that...I like you Toko, a lot. And I would be honored if you could go on a date with me." He finished, blushing a bright red.

      I thought I was dreaming. After all these years I had the chance of going on a date with Togami...

     "I'd love to Byakuya."

Some time later~

     We decided on going to the park for our date seeing as it was the closest to the coffee shop. There was a small gazebo atop a hill with a bench inside she we sat down and chatted for a while.

"So where have you been the last year?" I asked while sipping my expresso.

"I've been slowly trying to earn my reputation and money back but it's not going as well as I had anticipated. The Togami family will never be the same but I know that continuing my legacy is important no matter what." He replied thoughtfully.

"But is that what you want?"

"Pardon...?"

"Byakuya I know you...you always have wanted to continue your legacy but is that what you really want to do...? You have a life to life! You should experience it all while you still have time! You should be a kid, have the childhood you missed so long ago. I want to know what you want..."

He looked at me and then nodded in agreement.

"I know what I want."

"And what's that?"

"I want to kiss you right now..."

"I might be able to make that happen~"

He grabbed my face and leaned in to lock his lips with mine. He was nervous I could tell but he tried to be forceful. I kissed him back with all the love I had felt inside my heart for him all my life. As we pulled away I saw his face slowly turn pink. I just chuckled at the former heir being so flustered.

"I don't know what's more surprising, you kissing me or letting my call you Byakuya." I laughed. He pressed his forehead against mine in embarrassment.

"Toko I'm truly sorry for everything you know...I owe you so much and I want to make it up to you somehow..."

"You can start by being my boyfriend."

"I believe that could be arranged~"

1200 words, this request took months so I'm incredibly sorry Cherry qwq