Bloom~(Naegiri)

A/N: I'm in a writing mode so i'm going to try to finish this before I get burned out! Here we go!

Non despair soulmate au!

Au is: When your soulmate gets hurt, flowers bloom on the same spot but on you. Once you find your soulmate they slowly die off. Regarding injuries like scars the flowers stay there ALL the time instead of going away like when another injury heals. In short: When the flowers bloom on the injury they go away after it heals, when the flowers bloom on scars they stay there regardless. ALL of the flowers INCLUDING the ones on scars die when you find your soulmate.
There, I tried to make it a little less confusing xD

Category: Fluffy af

Enjoy as always!

Naegi's POV-
As far as people go i'd say i'm pretty ordinary. Especially since my ultimate talent is being "lucky." Which almost never works anyways. Let's just say...I don't have high hopes. You see, tomorrow is my 16th birthday. They day I get my soulmate. And i'm very nervous. There's so much that can go wrong! Like, what if they think i'm annoying, are really mean, or ignore me! I just want to find someone who's nice...I mean, soulmates can be platonic. For example, my sister Komaru. Her soulmate is my classmate Toko Fukawa but they are too good of friends to ever think about dating each other so they agreed to just stay friends. Besides, Toko already has a boyfriend. My thoughts were quickly interrupted by very loud shouting. I knew her voice before she even ran my way.
"Makoto~!!! I can't believe you turn 16 tomorrow~!" My best friend screamed with excitement. Aoi Asahina. We'd been friends since Kindergarten. She had already found her soulmate. Sakura Ogami. The two of them have been hiding their crushes on each other for months and I was more than happy when Hina finally announced that they were going out.
"Soooo, have you thought about who you want it to be yet?! Looking at anyone in particular~?" Hina asked with a grin. I shook my head.
"Not really, i'll just be happy if I get one...a nice one at that."
"I'm sure you will! You're called the "Ultimate Lucky Student" for a reason!" She replied with her usual vigorous enthusiasm. I nodded and smiled.
"Thanks Hina, i'm sure i'll be fine."

Time skip to the next morning brought to you by Kyoko's booty in the bath scene, look it up if you haven't seen it cause you don't know what you're missing~

I woke up with a spring in my step. Today was my birthday! And the day I get my soulmate! Meaning, any injuries my soulmate gets today will transfer directly onto me in the form of flowers! At least it shouldn't be painful...Hopefully I can find my soulmate quick...I'll just hope they're not clumsy!
     As soon as I got to school Hina ran up to me immediately. It was almost 9:00 am which is when the flowers start to bloom. We ran into a corner of the hallway and waited. A few minutes passed until my phone alarm started to buzz. It was time...
We waited a few seconds before it started. Bright purple flowers started to grow from my hands. Morning glories, lavender, irises and more sprouted up quickly. They didn't stop until both my hands were enveloped with them. Hina gasped.
"Woahhhh...your soulmate must have some sort of scars on their hands..." I gazed at the flowers in awe and nodded.
"Well, they shouldn't be too hard to find right? Not lots of people have scars on their hands like this." I reasoned. She smiled in response.
"Well, we should get going to class...teach is gonna be mad if we're late again...let's go Makoto!" And with that she drug me off to my writing class.
Like I said before...i'm a pretty ordinary guy. Not many people notice me at all so I don't have a lot of close friends. So it's safe to say people are going to be staring a lot more now. You don't usually don't see this many flowers on one part of a person's body at a time. It's very unnatural. I tried to hide in my hoodie but gave up quickly, i'd have to face the gaping stares...After a while it felt like everyone was looking at me weird and trying to stifle a laugh. I for one have had enough, so I raised my hand.
"May I please use the restroom sir?" I asked my teacher. He nodded immediately so I ran out of the classroom. As I rushed out a certain girl caught my eye. She had long lavender hair and a wore black ribbon in it. Her amethyst eyes were staring directly at me. She wore a ghost of a smile on her lips. It took all my courage not to turn into a tomato before I left the room. She was so beautiful, how come I never noticed her before...? As soon as I made it outside I sat down on the side of the hallway and studied the flowers on my hands. I could cover them up with gloves or my hoodie sleeves but...a part of me wanted to keep them out. To show them off a little bit. They were so pretty and made me smile just thinking about them. I knew I needed a plan to find my soulmate. And I know just the person to ask...
"Me? Why would you want my help?!" Toko shouted. I shrugged.
"You write a lot of romance novels and you've already found your soulmate and you're my sister's best friend so I thought you could help me!" I exclaimed. She didn't look too sure.
"I don't know Makoto...It's not like I have any more ideas than you do to find them."
"C'mon Toko! You've got to help me!" I begged. She sighed.
"Oh alright...you win. I'll help you come up with a plan. Just tell me what you know so far about your soulmate."
"Well, I don't know the gender but I know they either have scars or some sort of injury on their hands and they've got to be associated with the color purple cause that's usually the case when it comes to flower color..." I finished. She nodded in understanding.
"Well that makes it a bit easier. Considering not many people here have visible scars on their hands. If i'm being honest I do have a plan but i'm not so sure you'll like it..." My eyes immediately lit up.
"You do?! Come on Toko i'm sure it's fine!" She groaned and continued-
"All i'm saying is: at lunch why don't you bump your head a couple times. That way, we can look around and see if flowers sprout on anyone's head. That way we'd know if it's your soulmate. We can check their hands at the same time. What do you think?"
"It sounds perfect! I knew you were the right person to help with this Toko!" I yelled in excitement while wrapping her in a hug. She yelped and wiggled out of it, scowling at me in the process. I just laughed. I'm glad she was willing to help.
In a heartbeat it was lunchtime. Time to put Toko's plan to action! I raised my fist over my head and started hitting myself repeatedly as hard as possible. Eventually slamming it against a wall. Sure it hurt a lot but it was worth it to find my soulmate. I scanned the room and couldn't believe what I saw:
It was her. The purple haired girl from earlier, With a crown of green and yellow flowers. I gasped in surprise. She then noticed them and looked up at her head. Her face immediately lit up as she touched the petals gently. I blushed a bright pink before running at full speed to where she was sitting. She eyed me carefully as I sat across from her.
"Hi...you don't know me but...I think you might be my soulmate..." I managed to get out. She raised her eyebrow in suspicion.
"You're soulmate? What do you mean?" She asked. I gestured to the door.
"May we continue this conversation outside please?"
We soon were sitting next to each other under a brilliant cherry tree. I soon learned that this was her favorite spot on school grounds because of her love for cherry blossoms. I grinned, she was so sweet. She then cleared her throat which quickly brought me back to reality.
"So...what do you mean by i'm your soulmate? What makes you so sure?" I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck.
"Well you see...I bumped my head against the wall to see if flowers would sprout on anyone in the lunch room. And they just happened to sprout on you so...I think you're my soulmate...?" She looked at me for a moment before bursting into laughter. I just stared at her like a confused puppy. What was so funny?
"Sorry, it's just— I find it funny that you slammed your head against a wall to find you're soulmate. Even though it's dumb it is very sweet. However, i don't think you could be my soulmate." I frowned.
"Why's that?"
"It's because of my hands—" She held one up to me. It was clear now, she wore studded gloves. I gasped before she could finish. I pulled my hands out of my hoodie sleeves and showed her the flowers. Her eyes widened in surprise as she traced the petals along my fingers. She looked over at me and smiled while breathing heavily. I smiled back with tears in my eyes. Soon enough she enveloped me in a tight hug. She smelled of lavender and vanilla. An almost intoxicating scent I never wanted to end. As soon as she pulled away she held my hands in hers.
"Let's do one more test just to be sure." She said. I nodded. She quickly took a pocket knife out of her jacket pocket and pricked her finger. The moment the blood trickled out of her thumb was the moment a single purple flower grew on mine. I gazed at it in excitement. I looked at her in conformation and she nodded quickly. I blushed deeply before placing my lips on hers she gasped but slowly started to kiss back. As soon as our lips touched all the flowers started to wilt and eventually fall off. We really were soulmates! The kiss went on until we were both completely out of breath. The second we pulled away she went in for another hug.
"My name's Kyoko by the way...and you are?"
"Makoto. Nice to meet you...soulmate~♡"

1813 words oh my starssss. I hope you enjoyed! I certainly enjoyed writing it! Soulmate aus are always my favorite!