Insecurities~(Naegiri)

A/N: *Aggressively slams  head against wall* HHHHH— *ahem* it's me...I decided that I've been writing so much fluff recently/always and I wanted to shake things up a bit. So! This one shot is going to not only be FLUFFY but also ANGSTY andddd SPICY! Also for the "spicy" part don't be too harsh on me I've never even attempted to write anything remotely like this before. (On another note this does not mean you can request lemons,limes,smut,nsfw etc...this is by no means a smut and it's out of my comfort zone anyways so if you request one I'll drop kick you hehe~)

Category: Fluff/Angst/Spicy

Non despair AU

Geez that was a long intro...on with the story please!

Naegi's POV-

It was a hot July afternoon, the kind of day you would spend at a pool...but not today. Today I was over at my best friend Kyoko's house. I told her I just wanted to hang out but that was a lie...

The truth is I just wanted to confess my feelings for her. I'd been in love with the girl since first grade! I had to tell her soon before I went crazy!

We sat on her bed watching a rerun of an old cartoon, but I wasn't paying any attention to the show.

I was staring at her eyes...

She was so beautiful, I couldn't help it...I realized now might be my chance! I tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned to look at me and smiled warmly, it made my cheeks heat up.

"Hey Kiri can I talk to you about something...?" I questioned nervously. She nodded.

I took a deep breath-

"I think I'm in love with you!" I yelled. Her eyes widened at my proclamation. She looked flustered for a moment before composing herself.

Without hesitation she grabbed me by the shirt and looked me directly in the eyes and spoke:

"Looks like I'm not the only one huh?"

She finished her sentence by smashing her lips into mine completely throwing me off guard. I was not expecting this!

Her lips were soft against mine but I longed for more, I opened my mouth a little to which she responded to by pushing her tongue in. She tasted of coffee and chocolate it was almost mesmerizing.

Everything was going so fast I didn't even realize she was on top of me.

She pinned me to the bed and smirked when she saw how flustered I was.

She leaned in again, we kissed for a while but right in the middle her gloves started to slip off. She pulled away immediately and pulled them back on with a worried expression in her eyes.

"Kyoko is everything okay...?" I asked, trying to grab her hand. She swatted it away and looked down dejectedly. I leaned forward and held her in my arms.

"You can talk to me anytime you'd like my love."

She hugged me back before speaking:

"It's my hands, a long time ago when I was still an amateur detective I burned them during a case. I've worn these gloves ever since. Only my family has seen them and only my family will ever see them..."

"I'm sure your hands are beautiful, someday I'd like to see them...I just want to admire them. Because they are as lovely as you. But I'll never pressure you to show me...whenever you're ready I'll be here." She looked at me and smiled.

She pulled one glove off

And then the other one...

She bit her lip as she held them up to me, I took one in my own and studied them. Without skipping a beat I kissed them gently and ran my fingers over her scars.

"Scars tell a story, your story is about your bravery as a young detective. Your scars don't define you but they are a part of you, and like every other part of you they are beautiful and wonderful and you shouldn't be ashamed of them...I love you for who you are, scars and all." She laughed before starting to cry.

"Thank you...maybe I'll keep my gloves off more often..."

703 words