Fake number~(Naegiri)

A/N: Omg Ava's writing Naegiri again what a shocker! Here's something off of a Pinterest board cause i'm bored and severely sleep deprived.

Non despair, school Au

Category: Semi-comfort/fluff (what a surprise)

Naegi's POV-
     I've had a crush on Sayaka Maizono since middle school and today was the day I was going to ask her out! I'm really nervous but she's so nice so I think she'll say yes. I walk into my chemistry class and take my usual seat behind her. I take out a sticky note and carefully write- "Will you go out with me." with my phone number written down next to it. I toss it onto her desk and wait for a response. She glances at it and then gestures to her best friend Celeste who's sitting beside her. After a few minutes of them talking and giggling I get my response-

               "Of course I will ;) ***-***-****"

     My heart skips a beat. She likes me! I make a contact for her in my phone and call her as soon as schools out for the day. After a few rings she picks up.
     "Hello?" A stoic voice says, it doesn't sound like Sayaka.
     "Uh, is this Maizono?" I ask.
     "No, sorry. Who is this?"
      "I'm Makoto."
      "Oh, hello Makoto. It's me Kyoko. I'm in your english and art class," she says. I remember. She's the lavender haired girl who's very quiet and sits in the back. She's always been nice to me.
     "Why did you call me?"
     "Well...I asked Sayaka out today and she gave me this number~ But i'm sure it was just an accident!"
     "Alright then, very well. I hope you can get ahold of her." She answers coldly. I shudder at her sharp words.
     "Uh, thank you! Bye!" I yell awkwardly as I hang up. Well that was weird...
The nest day I approach Sayaka and tap her on the shoulder. She's chatting with Junko, Celeste, and Mukuro. She turns around and smiles at me intensely. It almost seems forced...
"Makoto~! Hi~!!! Why didn't you call me yesterday~? I was waiting..." She pouts.
"I! Uh! You gave my the wrong number!" I stuttered. He eyes lit up.
"Oh! I'm so sorry babe! Let me get you the right one!" She exclaimed as she scribbled down a number and handed it to me.
"O-oh, thank you!" I said as I awkwardly shuffled away. A few hours later the bell rang so I started to walk home when I heard someone calling my name.
"Makoto, please wait."
I stopped to see Kyoko run up to me, phone in hand.
"Oh hey Kyoko, what do you need?"
"I need to tell you the truth about Sayaka."
5 minutes later and we were sitting on my bed dialing the number she gave me, 773040106. Nobody was picking up...
"Turn the paper upside down," Kyoko said softly. I did as I was told and saw what she was talking about-

 I did as I was told and saw what she was talking about-

     I gasp and drop the note on my bed

     I gasp and drop the note on my bed. I can feel tears welling up in my eyes. I look desperately to Kyoko and start to cry. She rushes to my side and holds me close. I sob into her shoulder until I feel empty. She rubs my back and hums softly. She feels so— warm...
                             ✧
                                                ✧
                                                                     ✧
                                                                                             ✧
                                                                                                                  ♡
     I awake in a cold sweat, trying to remember what happened. The first thing I see is Kyoko beside me. She's put a glass of water at my bedside and had tucked me into bed. She was fast asleep on a chair she had set up beside the bed. I glanced at the clock, 1:15 am. I must have fallen asleep. I see a small paper on the ground so I pick it up, remembering quickly it's Sayaka's note. I crumple it up and toss it in the trash. I can't believe she did that to me...I had loved her for so long. I guess she's not worth it. I glance over at the lilac haired girl sleeping peacefully beside me. She had only known me for two days and had helped me over heartbreak, comforted me, and helped me into bed. She's so kind. Not to mention beautiful. I can't believe we never really talked before this. Her lavender eyes batted open, noticing my presence.
"Mmm, Makoto...are you doing better?" She mumbled sleepily.
"Much better, thanks to you. Why did you help me anyways...? We've never really talked..."
"Cause I heard Sayaka laughing about you with Celeste and eavesdropped on their conversation. She said you were an idiot to think she'd go out with you." Kyoko said simply. I gasped but quickly shook my head.
"It's fine. I don't like her anymore. She's just rude..." Kyoko nodded and crawled onto my bed from the chair, still drowsy.
"Would you mind if I stayed? I can't very well go home at 1 am." She asked while yawning.
"Of course! I'll set up a place for you on my bed." I added more pillows and a blanket while she changed into an old t-shirt of mine. I then changed into a hoodie and sweatpants and climbed into bed. She laid down beside me contently. Before I knew it she was grabbing my hand and I was mindlessly drifting into her grasp. She pulled her arms around me tightly and before we knew it, we had both fallen into a restful sleep.

905 words <3 Sorry it's not super "lovey dovey" i'm exhausted. I'm posting this at 1:33 am with no
proofreading so if you see any mistakes they'll be fixed by tomorrow. This has been a WIP for about a week now so i'm glad it's finally done, more's coming soon I promise! I'm going to cry over how beautiful Naegiri is and go to bed now...gn ily (•ө•)