Raindrops~(Togafuka)

A/N: I've been in SUCH a Togafuka mood lately so apologies for writing it so much xD

Category: Fluff/comfort

Non despair AU

Enjoy~

Byakuya's POV-
     I hate the rain for a multitude of reasons. Including (but not limited to) ruining my clothes, the wet air, and the puddles that splash muck everywhere...disgusting.
     But as I was walking today I noticed someone peculiar. She was sobbing, holding her books with blood covering most of her body. I immediately ran over to see what was wrong. She looked up at me, face swollen and red from crying and a huge black eye. I then realized who it was through all the bruises and blood.
     "Toko is that you...?"
     "Y-yeah...h-hi." She replied, holding her arms up like she was bracing herself for impact. I lowered them.
     "I'm not going to hurt you, I want to know what happened."
     She gave a sigh of relief and opened her mouth to tell me but burst into tears before a word could even escape her lips.
     It was very abnormal of me to act out of kindness but I could tell she was in a lot of pain...so I wrapped my arms around her.
     "I won't let anyone hurt you again...I promise."
     Her crying got quieter and quieter until she stopped altogether and leaned her swollen cheek on my shoulder in contentment.
     I knew she was in no condition to walk so I put her books in my own bag and scooped her up bridal style, letting the rain soak us both. I don't know why and how but...in that moment all that mattered was getting her to safety.
     I carried her all the way to my estate where my servants were waiting for me. They gave quizzical looks but didn't question the injured girl in my arms. I brought her up to my room and set her on my bed. She was still drowsy when I put her down but she woke up after realizing she was in my house.
     "W-why are y-you helping me?" She stuttered nervously.
     "I couldn't just leave you there...besides, maybe I have a soft spot for you after all." Crap did I just say that out loud...?
     She just smiled and gave a little giggle.
     "T-thank you..."
     I just nodded and got to work: I bandaged her arms and legs and managed to get most of the blood off as well as the left side of her face. There wasn't much I could do about the black eye she'd just have to let it heal on it's own. After I was done I let her lie on my bed for a while since I knew her day had likely been quite stressful.
     She fell asleep quickly but started to mumble and cry. I could tell she was having some sort of nightmare. I silently prayed that nobody would ever know about this before I climbed under the covers with her and held on tight. She realized I was there with her and calmed down pretty fast.
     "Byakuya, t-thank you...I love you," she mumbled, half asleep. I just kissed her forehead and held her close.

     Nobody will ever mess with you again...

582 words