Chapter Three

I heard whispering around me as my eyes slowly opened and fluttered from the lights that invaded. I turned my head to see Scythe and Lilith who stopped talking and faced me.

"Red are you feeling okay?" Scythe asked as he checked my temperature with his forehead.

"I'm fine. You have a lot of explaining to do Lilith." I said before she gave a guilty expression then looked at Scythe to excuse us.

"I'll be back, grumpy." Scythe joked before he left the room and then I faced Lilith who sat on the bed and faced me.

"How long has the blood witch been dead?" I asked as she awkwardly scratched her hands.

"Ever since you killed her, when you twelve." She responded before I nodded and then clenched my fist.

"So my grandmother was the blood witch." I said and then she nodded and used her powers to show a visual picture.

"Centuries ago, your grandmother, Morgana had gained enough power but her time was up. She had lived long enough so she found a ritual that could let her body be reborn in the body of another witch. I thought that after you killed her that she would never return but I guess I was wrong. Forgive me for not telling you something so important. I'm sure seeing her brought back memories." Lilith said as I nodded before I sighed.

"I need you to held remove a bond to me and place on someone else." I said making her turn her head to me.

"What bond?"

"A mate bond between a man-beast and myself. A wolf for that matter." I said as I covered my face with both my palms as I felt embarrassed at the memories of yesterday.

"Your an alpha wolf mate? I'm afraid it's not possible to tamper with that bond or even fake it." Lilith said making me to look up at her.

"What do you mean?"

"Well the fact that you were chosen is another reason. Werewolves and shifters are creatures that their bonds can't be manipulated, deceived but not changed unless the soul of their mate, transferred to another even if it's a fragment but then you'll have to be dead for that to successfully happen." Lilith explained making me to bite my lips gently.

"Why don't you want to mate with a wolf? An alpha wolf." She asked as she placed her hands on mine.

"Is it because of what happened? It was bound to happen, don't let chains of the past hold you from being happy."

"No. It's my curse, everyone who gets close to me always dies. It's a miracle how you and Goldie aren't yet affected by it." I argued back softly before I stood up from the bed and wore my shirt.

"I'm going to take a run. Don't look for me." I said before I walked out of her presence.

The forest has always been one place that I have enjoyed being around especially since it had a calming effect on my mood.

I didn't need a mate now and I wouldn't need a mate later. I didn't need anything to weigh me down especially now that my grandmother... the blood witch was resurrected.

"Hey." I paused when I heard a deep voice making me turn to see a stranger.

He was really handsome and breathtaking. He was very tall with tan skin, black hair, trained and muscular body with beautiful abs, his chest was broad and then his eyes were... golden? He was awfully familiar.

"Your that wolf." I said as I backed away and then his eyes flashed red before going back to its original colour.

"Yes. You ran away from me last night." He said making me to remain silent as I shyly faced away.

"Thank you for saving me but I can't be your mate." I apologized with a bow and tried to run away but he held my small hand gently, preventing me from leaving.

"Tell me why?" He asked gently as he walked up to me then held my face up to his eyes. "Give me a valid reason."

He was determined to make me his mate and his eyes were so soft and full of understanding that it made my heart feel unsteady. I covered my face and then looked away in remembrance of last night.

"If you surround yourself with me, you'll only get hurt. Bad things happens to those who try to involve themselves in my life." I explained before he released my hand and then moved back.

I was about to leave when he hugged me from behind and then breathed on my ears softly.

"Well that's a good thing. So that no one will take what's mine. Plus my goodluck can balance your badluck." He whispered making me to shiver when his wet, warm tongue touched my sensitive back making me moan.

I covered my mouth quickly as the werewolf chuckled and kept on teasing my neck while I struggled to hold back my voice.

"S-stop." I said and then broke free from his caging hold.

I was very red in both embarrassment and arousal but he seemed to be enjoying it making me feel like my heart was about to burst out of my chest.

"I'm Reece. Alpha of the guardian moon pack." He said and then I looked at his eyes then looked away when he was looking at me before I bent my head.

"Red." I said before I turned my back and started to run back to the guild.

"Red, commander demands to see you." Sophie, a healer said as she gathered the medicines on the table into her basket and then left.

I sighed as I put on my red hood and stepped out of the library that I was staying to do my research.

I entered the office where I heard Lilith voice and an oddly familiar voice making me barge in.

"What are you doing here?!" I demanded as both of them looked at me and paused talking.

Scythe entered the room and paused when he noticed the tension in the room before he laughed making Reece and Lilith to laugh at me.

"So this is Red's mate. Funny I thought you'd be more hairy."

"Funny too. I thought you'd be funnier." Reece said making Scythe laugh.

"I like him and you have my blessings." Scythe said as if he were an airhead father giving away his most hopeless but favorite daughter.

"I am not going to mate with him!" I shouted making the excitement in the office to pause before I walked out of the office.

"Funny because his pack are also witch hunters or more like guardians of the land. His to help us with our mission now that the Blood witch has resurrected." Lilith informed me making me to look at her shock.

"What!" I exclaimed before I looked at Reece who gave a victory smirk at my direction.

Stupid werewolf will use any chance he has to get close to me but I will never give him the chance. Never!

"Don't look at me, don't talk to me and don't even think of me! We're only partners and nothing more wolf." I said before o turned my back on him.

There's no way I'm getting my ass played by a human with an animal spirit.