Chapter Six

Waking up on a heavy body and warm hands was something I never anticipated ever in my life. I tried to get off but every time I would he would either cling tightly to me let he would turn and secure me more. Luckily today was my day and he wasn't being possessive.

My week off was over and that meant I had to go back to being a witch hunter. Even though I recently warmed up to Reece, I wasn't willing to give up on my responsibilities and duties for him.

"Where are you going?" Reece's deep voice hit me hard in the chest making me to blush as I wore my pants.

"Work." I responded as Reece groaned before he rolled out of the bed and then hugged me from behind.

"Why not just skip for today? After all, I'm a very important guest."

"In your dreams, wolf." I said before I flicked my fingers, hitting his forehead painfully as he let me go.

"She hasn't attacked in a long time and we need to gather as much power as possible. I get a bad family that she'll strike tonight."

"How are you so sure?"

"Maybe I clairvoyant." I responded before he grunted and then he laid back on the bed to sleep.

Breakfast was a noisy affair especially since this two had gotten close to each other. Reece would call Goldie his sister in law and then Goldie would act like my mother who was encouraging me to get married immediately.

"Can we just have a peaceful dinner that doesn't involve this crap." I complained before Goldie faced me and pointed a finger at me.

"Don't be rude to your mate." Goldie complained before I rolled my eyes when Reece grinned.

I should kick that wolf out of the house.

Lilith was in uniform by the time I arrived and gosh she looked neat for a commander. She was using spells to arrange her bookshelf when I closed the door behind me.

"Oh Red I wasn't expecting you to show up today." Lilith said before she leaned on the table and folded her hands.

"Killing the blood witch is my first priority. If I want to keep everyone safe then we have to find her." I explained before Lilith's expression grew sad.

"You know that it wasn't your fault. You did the best you could."

"But it wasn't good enough. That's why I want to protect as many as possible. Also I have a feeling where she's going to attack next. I need you to call those in charge let's have a meeting." I requested before Lilith nodded and then snapped her fingers.

"They'll be here in thirty minutes until then let's discuss OK now the main issue."

"What?"

"Our enforcement in the capital. The Royal clover, my elder brother's territory wants to take control of this mission." Lilith informed me making me to clench my fingers.

"What did you say?"

"That it depends on you. Your the only one who knows how to kill her, we just need to get back your memories on how you did it." Lilith explained before she took a book and then handed it over to me.

"I apologize if this seems rash but I want you to take it easy till we're assured of victory. I won't want to put you in danger as our most important person to ending this war." Lilith explained before I nodded and then saluted.

It hadn't been up to an hour, our commanders, captains and lieutenants gathered in the large conference room, seated and focused on Lilith.

"We're launching new attack on the nightshade garden at doom peak tonight. A trustworthy Itel told me that our target will be coming here." Lilith explained as she pointed it on the map.

"And how trustworthy is this itel? Hope it isn't another of Lieutenant Red's guess?" General Julius asked with his eyes looking hostile towards me.

"I'll have you know that Red's instincts are never wrong when it comes to hunting a witch. The only reason we've been keeping up is because his the only one who can sense unusual magic."

"How do we know that he is our ally and not our enemy? There's no ordinary human who can do that unless his working for them to lead to our death." Julius argued before the room started to grow with whispers.

"I..." Lilith was interrupted when the door opened and Reece entered. Everyone kept quiet and then faced him.

"I heard everything you people were saying a block away and I'm not pleased to see how twisted humans are. I thought that was for vampires, foxes and gods but clearly your all the same. When you were here sitting in your offices, hiding behind your desk, he was out there fighting to protect this town and here you are questioning his loyalty. You should all burn in hell!" Reece shouted before he walked up to me and then he held my hand and raised it up.

"This man here is my mate and if anyone harms or suspect him, I'll withdraw all help I'm offering to this war and take him and his sister away from here. Do I make myself clear humans?" Reece glared at Julius whose eyes were full of fear before turning to complete surrender.

I watched as Lilith smiled at how controlling Reece looked before I closed my eyes and blinked in disbelief.

I have seen Reece fight, I've seen him smile, play and be romantic but this was a whole new level and I won't lie, I love dominate Reece. It was refreshing, scary, sexy and...what am I saying, focus.

After an hour or two of planning strategy, we closed down the meeting before Reece brought up his puppy dog smile and hugged me from behind.

"Not in front of everyone." I complained as I tried to remove his hands from my waist.

"But I missed you. Also did you like what I did?" He asked making my heart beat fast on how authoritative he was during the meeting. My face got hot with my cheeks flustered before I avoided his face.

"Thank you." I whispered before he chuckled close to my ears making me to shiver at the feeling of his breath close to my body.

"Your so cute when you blush." He said before he released me and then I walked away from him quickly with Lilith laughing softly.

That wolf will be the death of me.