Chapter Eleven

Red
It was happening again. That precognition of something bad happening was getting stronger by the day. I could feel the negative energy coming closer and it scared me.

"What is wrong love?" Reece asked as I held my chest tight.

"Something is coming here." I said confident as I grabbed my hood and weapons.

"What is coming?" Reece asked as he followed me out of the house, walking by my side without complaint.

"Death." I said and he nodded in understanding as I barged into headquarters.

I didn't spare a second on formalities as I opened Lilith's office who seemed to be making out new battle plans. She looked at me and got up as I stood before her.

"You have to evacuate everyone in the village. I'm sure your sensing the breach at the south gates. They are here." I said and Lilith stood up and picked up a communication crystal.

"I'm aware. We've slowly started to evacuate the defenseless citizens but since you've confirmed it, I'll speed up evacuation." She said and set up the crystal before giving out instructions.

Lilith walked away to change her attire to something flexible as I and Reed moved out the building with a lot of soldier who were already getting to a defense position.

It was too late as a big fireball headed our direction and if not for Reece, grabbing me away I would have been caught up in the fireball. We hadn't finished evacuating everyone and they were already on our territory.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I cursed as Reece stretched a hand towards me, pulling me up as I took out my sword ready to fight as Reece took off his clothes, transforming before he howled out.

It was really a nasty battle as they had beast involved in this battle. I was thankful it wasn't night yet as trolls and goblins could be annoying to slay when defending a large amount of people. The soldiers who were healthy fought hard and brave, us losing a few men as we fought.

Reece had my back while I had his as we battled side by side in harmony. I was surprised that I could sync with anyone in less than three months as it took Scythe and I, three years before we could form a perfect sync.

"Reece, I need you to find Goldie and make sure she's okay." I said as Reece looked like he disagreed with leaving me alone but I didn't want him getting caught up in mine and Roxanna's siblings spat.

"I know your worried but I also know you value our bond more. So please, make sure my sister and whoever she's with are alright." I request and he whines before running to wherever he was catching Goldie's scent.

"Well, well, well, I hadn't expected you to be so selfless and caring about your mate and the little midget. Goldilocks right?" Roxanna asked as she had an expression that showed mockery so much.

"Roxanna, I don't want to fight you. End this pointless battle that's claiming both the lives of your army and mine. This isn't how we were raised."

"No! This isn't how father raised you. You still don't understand anything because your so blind. Who could blame you, father was weak and then you got corrupted my an elf. Haven't you ever wondered why all those years, mother always had you deliver confections to grandmother knowing who she truly was? Your on the wrong side dear brother of mine but I can redeem you." Roxanna said in a malicious and twisted manner as she sat on the fountain that had been defied with blood.

"The one on the wrong side is you. I know you've always hated our parents but making them look like their the ones responsible for your horrible choices is unforgivable that is why..." I pointed my sword at her. "I, Reid Blackwell of the Red hood, only son of Alzack and Cara Blackwell challenges you, Roxanna Blackwell to a battle. The lesser submits to the victor and I promise you, I won't lose." I said as the blood on my sword spilled on the ground making her smile.