Chapter Fourteen

Red
I grieved in my heart as I felt the connection between I and Roxanna cut. She was gone, murdered to be precise. The cell opened as I stared at the guard who cleared path for me.

"Your free to go. Lady Lilith requires your presence in her quarters." The guard said as I stood up, walking out of the cold but surprisingly clean jail.

It hadn't even been twenty four hours and I was free to go. Either the elves were getting loose or they were mad to let someone like me out. I snapped out of my thought when my lips were attack by familiar lips before I was pulled to a hug.

"I'm so glad your safe." Reece said as he ran his hand through my hair that I needed to cut badly.

"I missed you." I said with a soft smile and Lilith hugged me before pulling closing the giant door behind us.

"I need a change of clothes, a shower and a knife." I said as I sat on the couch, sighing as Scythe popped out behind me shocking me.

"That can wait but right now I need to know the truth. The whole truth Lilith." Scythe said as Lilith nodded and they sat down with Reece by my side.

"Red have you gotten all of your memories?" Lilith asked me and I nodded before I sighed.

"Reid is the first personality to exist or rather my demon who came into this world. I, Red came eight years later and Reid was sealed by my mother for my own protection. Since there was an internal war in the Blackwell generation. When my parents died and my grandmother, the blood witch had I and Goldie live with her, she tried a ritual that had Reid kill her since she threatened his existence before he became dormant once more. That's all I know for sure." I explained as Reece and Scythe expressed shock on their faces.

"The reason why the blood witch wants Red alive is because his demon, Reid is the reincarnation of Avalon's fayher or should I say is Avalon's father with no memories of himself." She explained as she stood, her eyes staring out of the window.

"His name is Azreal. But for Azreal to actually to awoken, Red will have to lose the only connection he has with this world." She explained further as Scythe frowned.

"What is that?" Scythe asked with interest as he relaxed on the couch.

"Goldie and Reece will have to die. Goldie is the only one who shares the same undilated blood with Red and Reece is his mate and their soul is tied together. Roxanna isn't a problem as she's close to her to end." Lilith revealed and my eyes saddened.

"Roxanna is dead. She's out of the list." I said and Reece's eyes grieved when he saw my expression.

"I'm sorry I was insensitive." Lilith said as Reece held my hand before kissing my forehead.

"Red I wanted to ask you something. Was your mother a human?" Scythe asked as I recalled memories of her.

"Yes as far as I can recall, though she was pretty knowledgeable. Why do you ask?" I stared at him as he frowned and then sighed.

"Reece I'm sure you've been wanting to know what I am and I coming clean. I am a halfling. A half fae. Haflings of the fae clan were wiped out a long time ago when I was still a baby. My parents had dwarves raise me but it wasn't bad I guess though they can be a bit barbaric and thickheaded but It seems like your sister is a halfling too." Scythe said as I paused, the information he said registering slowly.

I couldn't believe that my sister or him weren't exactly humans like me. I was a cambion if I was accurate but in a way it didn't surprise me.

"Now that you mention it, my mom wasn't completely human. She never ate meat and she was a healer too." I said as a small smile pasted on my lips on thoughts about my mother.

"Well now that everything is settled, let's rest up for the night and go to the mortal realm by tomorrow since we're already at war and need all the strength we can get." Lilith said as she stood and left with Scythe behind her.

I moaned in satisfaction as I sat in a pool that the elves used for their guests. Reece was still taking off his clothes and I was glad I finally cut my hair shorter. It amazes me how girls carry this kind of length on their shoulders everyday.

Reece entered and I crawled to him, sitting in between his legs as I laid my back on his chest with a content smile.

"Are you okay...about Roxanna?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

"I moaned her years ago, thinking she was dead too. It hurts but not as bad as then when I had no one to cry and trust." I explained as Reece ran his fingers through my hair then I straddled him.

"If I begged you not to fight, will you fight?" Reece asked as I placed kisses on his neck but he stopped me when he realized I was planning on avoiding the conversation.

"No. Reece you understand more than anyone here and you know why I'm fighting. When I was younger, my grandmother was someone I would go to through the woods with wolves on my tail because of the baked goods in my basket since my mom made them a lot. She would read me lots of stories, show me magic tricks and pictures. She was the kindest person I knew and she loved us as much as we loved her. She hates this world ever since the magic council put her husband down, my grandfather because of his will. His demon got out of control and so he was decapitated. If I knew then, I would have told her she wasn't alone since we were close. That is why, it's my responsibility to kill her for the sake of my family if she's not redeemable though I pray that will never be the case." I said as I kissed his lips before pulling away.

"I just don't want you to be hurt. This war makes me angry because their dragging innocent lives and I feel helpless knowing that when your not around me, your in danger." He said sincerely and I could see his fears in his eyes.

"Reece I trust you to protect me. I can count a number of times you saved me from myself and individuals. I know that whenever I call you, you'll come for me so please...never fear for I am here." I teased and flicked his nose as we laughed before we kissed.

Werewolves were really romantics at heart even though most of the time, they followed their animalistic instincts but they were suckers when their mates are humans.

It never fails to amaze me how a simple kiss could lead to two rounds of sex in a guest house bathroom but I'm so happy I could cry.