Chapter Seven

I helped loading in all the weapons into the car before Scythe jumped on me and hugged me from the neck.

"Did you miss me? Damn wolves are so protective." Scythe said as he ruffled my hair making me to punch his gut hard.

"Will you stop that." I demanded before he slowly got up from the floor.

"We haven't seen in a week and you greet me with a punch."

"If you'd stop treating me like a kid then I won't."

"Your no fun. I miss the cute little Red I always teased when we were younger." He pouted but then he smiled with his eyes looking behind me. "And here comes my favorite person."

I turned back to see Reece coming closer to me before he walked up to Scythe and started to smell his hair.

"You smell like my beta." Reece said before Scythe laughed, waving his index finger in the air.

"Because we shared the same room. They needed the extra for stuff so I requested to do so." Scythe responded with a mischievous smile that obviously spelt he was lying.

"Bloody liar." I muttered softly, climbing on the top of the car as Scythe laughed like never before. Reece joined me, taking a seat beside before we dispatched.

Every individual went to their assigned positions as I stayed in the battlefront, standing close to a tomb that I could hear whispers from. It was calling out to me, begging me to revive it but I closed my mind, ignoring all its advancement to me.

My only thought was why the blood witch was interested in these tombs.

"Are you okay?" Reece's warm voice saved me from my negative thoughts before I flashed him a smiled and nodded.

"I'm just on guard. Cautious." I responded and he seemed to understand what I meant.

"Are you sure you shouldn't lie down?" He asked but I shook my head, my hands gripping on to the double swords in my hands.

"I'm okay. I'm a soldier not some princess in need of protection, just cover my back from me because we need to support each other." I explained before he nodded in agreement to my opinion.

We stood on guard way till we heard fire signals in the air, spreading colors of various types and then we knew that our enemies had approached.

"Unit 3 into position. Guarantee that in no way, the target leaves with what they want." Lilith's voice rang from the earphone on my left ear.

I watched as the soldiers in front as well as some werewolves attacked the nightcrawlers that were abnormally faster than the ones I was accustomed to. I was ready to defend this tomb along with everyone authorised to but something didn't feel right.

I couldn't sense the blood witch or the horsemen's energy. It was a different one, one that was human yet not completely human and to be honest... It scared me.

It was far more scary than the blood witch because I could feel it's malicious intent focusing on me and in a way...I felt I knew this power, this aura too well. I felt like I had lost my will to fight at all. This person was watching me but from where?

I was still looking around cautiously even with my trembling hands. My senses had become sharper than usual because I knew that my life was in danger...this person wanted me dead.

I raised my sword and cut the arrow coming towards me before cutting the nightcrawler that jumped onto me in half. With years of training, I was able to use swords to quickly cut fifty arrows that were shot at me.