Chapter Twelve

Scythe
I killed a beast with my huge and beautiful scythe as I noticed how dark day had turned. It was like all life had been sucked away because the plants started to wither and animals and beast animals started to die and wither. I felt a very bad feeling in my spin as the voices met spoke of one word.

Death upon all lifeforms.

Oh my God, Red! I thought as I started to run, looking for him in this pitch darkness as memories of Lilith played in my head.

"Scythe have you ever wondered why I paired you with Red?" Lilith asked as we watched Red spar with the other soldiers in our group.

"Because I'm totally awesome and I'm the light to his shadow." I said as I stood, tall and confident while Lilith giggled.

"One reason but no."

"Then why?" I asked as her smile turned serious.

"Because Red is different and I believe your the only one who can understand what he says when he doesn't speak. Also because of his bloodline was once a powerful blood that made even dragons tremble, if Red loses himself, I count on you to bring him back."

"And what bloodline might that be?"

"That's a secret for another day." Lilith said as I frowned but didn't pester her knowing she won't tell me.

"What bloodline are you from Reid?" I asked, saying his real name that I had found out on my own in his records.

I ran and stopped when I saw four horrible whirlwinds around Red as he stood. His appearance was nothing like it used to be.

His soft brown hair had turn into the darkest of black that would put snow white to shame, his golden tan skin turned pale like a vampire, his sclera black as a sea of death with a tiny white iris that was flickering. He looked more like an angel of death than a human as his lips were deep red like fresh blood. He started to chant something as I saw fangs like a vampire, shorter by a centimeter or two but still dangerous.

I watched as lightening started to light up in the sky, thunder sounding and I could sense something was coming. He had cursed the ground and with the whirlwind as his shield, he was shielded from my attack to knock him out.

I watched as the necklace on his neck started to glow, causing him pain and I could sense that was Lilith's magic. A spell to cast out evil, a protection spell. Red screamed in pain but then took the necklace and broke it like the burns it had caused him was nothing.

I snapped out of my bewilderment when I heard the sound of cries from children. I turned to see Red's sister, Goldilocks and Paris, my neighbour's son crying as they pulled out the silver knife that was coated in blood.

"You can't die Reece, big brother still needs you." Goldilocks said as she shook the wolf who was barely healing as I ran up to them, kneeling opposite them.

"Reece can you hear me?" I asked and he nodded but the wound was deep and wasn't healing. It would get infected if I didn't do anything.

"It's all my fault." Reece coughs as he points at Red. "He...watched me getting...ough! Stabbed. I can help him." Reece said weakly as I sighed looking at the damage Red had already caused.

He turned every water to blood, animals were being affected and the werewolves were weak because of his power. He also wasn't himself as I knew that even though he was killing all the witch, he was hurting his comrades because he couldn't differentiate.

I placed my hand on Reece's wound and started to heal it, a soft, warm golden light appearing from my hands as I healed him but my energy was not enough since Red's powers was affecting me.