Chapter Four

The mission was to prevent of the blood witch from reviving her horsemen. They were her knights but they were dead and would be revived today by her and we needed to stop her before she resurrected her army.

"Red are you in your position?" Scythe asked as I climbed a tree with a gun strapped to my back.

"Don't bother me." I responded and grunted as I sat on a branch.

"Awww. Still mad about earlier?"

"No, I'm pissed." I responded as I put in enchanted bullets meant to kill the undead and cocked my gun.

"It's such a rare moment. I wish you could be like this everyday because your so cute." Scythe teased me making me blush hard where I was before I switched off the earphone when he laughed so hard.

I watched from the distance at the scene waiting for Morgana to appear but it seemed she was taking her sweet time.

God sometimes I hate my job. I thought as I pointed my gun at nightcrawlers that were serving as distraction so that she could get to her destination.

I helped the hunters who took the crawlers down before I climbed down quickly and decided to take a close combat fight since I created a free path.

I took my scythe which was coloured red and ran straight to the field, clearing everything in my way as I followed my instincts on where Morgana would be.

I arrived to see Lilith and Scythe fighting her together as a team. They moved flawless and swiftly with their weapons as Morgan defended herself with a whip that also had magic inside.

I took a small gun strapped to my belt and pointed at Morgana when the battle got heated, waiting patiently for when I was going to give her the final blow.

I was going to shoot when she pulled back and cut her hand making her blood to spell before she tossed her blood towards four graves. She laughed maliciously as the ground shook while I could vibrantly hear bone assembling together as they slowly resurrected to the surface.

"Arise my knights and protect your queen! Slaughter every witch hunter except the one who I desire!" She commanded before her four horsemen with their weapons in an attack stance.

"Oh crap." Scythe cursed as he and Lilith took stance.

I shot the first bullet at the first knight with a giant hammer but instead it swallowed the bullet making Scythe to curse again as Lilith bit her lips hard.

"Retreat!" Lilith commanded as we started to fall back but then the horsemen started to attack, taking down anyone that they could kill immediately.

In the spur of chaos, Reece and his pack who were wolves attacked but Reece was in his wolfman form and was going straight for the horsemen.

"Bastard! Retreat or your gonna get yourself killed!" I shouted but Reece being a stubborn canine decided to fight them.

I watched as they took Reece on but his power and speed was matching up to them especially since his wounds healed really quickly.

I used my eagle like eyes to see that the horseman with the sword was going to kill Reece with a stab to the heart but what could I do, my gun was useless against them and Reece was defending the people till they got to safety.

I looked at my wrist and then I took a blade by my side and cut my palm letting my blood flow into a special bullet I kept before I put it into the gun.

This was my only shot. If I made a mistake then I could lose Reece, forever... I meant his pack would lose him.

I aimed at my target's chest before I shot it straight to the skull when it almost hurt Reece making it to pause and then return back to ash.

The three horsemen paused in a standstill and then matched to a portal that took them away from our sight.

I walked up to Reece who turned human and faced me. He was shirtless but I didn't care as I ran up to him and slapped him in the face.

"You could have been killed! Do you know what would have happened to you if I hadn't killed the horseman?!" I asked as I felt tears falling down my eyes.

I didn't know why I was crying but it shocked Reece and then his expression turned guilty before he tried to hug me but I wouldn't let him.

"I want you to sit down when we get back and write an apology letter to Lilith and your pack for risking your life when they still need you." I instructed him making him growl before he nodded when he saw my expression.

We were arriving back to the guild with the remaining survivals when Iida, my sister's school vice principal walked up to me.

"Sorry Mr Hood but the principal wants to see you, it's about Miss Hood." He whispered to my ears as I looked at Reece who shrugged and then I followed behind him.

I was lead to the principal's office and then I sat down opposite where she was sitting. The principal was a pretty red hair with green eyes and cute freckles that made her skin sparkle. Oh wait, it was makeup sparkle on her freckles and it was nice.

"Red, it's not really so great to see you again." Sophie who was apparently my classmate in high school and the youngest educator to be a principal said because I was used to coming to her office because of Goldie.

"What did she do this time?" I asked as she shyly blushed while rubbing her neck.

"Well she fought with her teacher for a mischievous prank and then skipped classes. She apparently went to the woods and was almost attacked by bears. There's now wanted posters of her by the bears in their part of the forest." Sophie informed me making me sigh as I rubbed my head before the door opened and then a security was holding Goldie who pouted and looked away.

"I'll be sure to discipline her." I responded before I stood up and shook her hand before walking away with Goldie trailing behind me.

"Are you mad?" She asked me on the way home as she walked up beside me.

"No. Just disappointed. You make me look bad in front of other parents." I said before she looked down with guilt and remorse.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to know what's out there because you never spend time with me since you became a lieutenant. You also missed my birthday party too because of the blood moon. You come home and sleep off and forget I'm around because your trying to protect me but I don't want it, I want my big brother." She cried before she turned around and ran away.

I watched as she ran away before I sighed and covered my face with both hands.

Being a parent is so hard.