Chapter Seventeen

Reece
Where the hell was Red? This war was far more bloody than I'll ever want to see. It hurt me how both sides were dying all because someone doesn't like what the other side has no choice to be.

I slashed the beast that almost attacked and injured pack member as I howled out, my soul calling out to my mate and the response I got was so shocking.

Out of nowhere, the blood witch flew pass me as I saw a crack in space while something with tremendous power, causing different phenomenas to occur. The cloud got darker and thicker, the trees longer and scarier while the weaker ones, lives were being sucked out. It amazes me how something could cause everything to change as the earth crumbled.

I watched as a hand came out and my eyes widened when I saw what had been the cause of fear. It was a...a fallen?

I knew that was my mate as his brown hair now black and was as long as Rapunzel's hair, turning into a braid as he flew, wings on his back but unlike celestials they were as black as coal but beautiful. Markings under his eyes to his arms that looked like black thick lines that placed a tiny diamond to his head. His sclera was black but his iris red and beautiful like Snow White's red lips, it made blood seem dull. Even though he oozed in power, he was still beautiful.

The wind from him pushed away everything from his sight that if I hadn't held on to a tree that was not destroyed from his power I would have been crushed. He stretched his hands forward as he started to create something like a dark spear and then he threw it at the blood witch who used her power to deflect it, causing it to explode somewhere else.

He was fast, appearing behind her and hit her but she was a warrior, landing on her feet as she cracked her head and fingers with a laughter.

"This has always been what I wanted...to possess you my love." She said as she licked her lips, her fingers placed like a puppeteer as she casted a spell.

The two of them fought like monsters, physical attacks with unbelievable speed with blood magic I never believed existed. I took cover as an explosion spell hit my side, killing a lot of people as my eyes glittered when I caught something.

In a large ball of shadows, I caught the scent of Red but if his scent was here then how was he also fighting. I walked to the shadows which was so thick that I couldn't pass my hand through. I huffed as I focused hard, pouring a bit of my energy to the shield to weaken it's defense before I broke it like it was glass.

I caught Red who was unconscious as I held his cheek, my breathing hard in panic. He was cold, pale and his hair was long as well but every strand of hair on his body was a pale white that was beautiful and bad at the same time. He looked dead but I felt a very small pulse that made me know he was alive. He was dying.

"Red please you have to wake up." I said as I gently tapped his cheeks but he didn't respond as tears ran down my cheeks. "Baby please wake up, I need you. I need you to wake up for me, for Goldie. Just open your eyes."

I felt helpless watching my mate die as his demon fought the witch who was losing terribly but she was still holding her ground. Even with all the explosions, I didn't move as I hugged Red, using my body to produce heat. I bit my lips hard and kissed him, allowing the blood on my lips to enter his mouth in hopes that the fluid could sustain his life a little longer.

"I refuse to lose you so you better wake up!" I demanded as I bit my lips harder, his color brightening a little but it wasn't giving him warmth or helping with his faint pulse. He was incomplete without Reid and that was why I needed to sustain his body till I can get Reid back inside whether he wanted it or not.

"Morgana Silvano Blackwell, daughter of Petro and Zora Blackwell. Do you deny your sins of murder, betrayal, lies, blasphemy, possession, blackmailing and terrorism?" Reid asked with an excited grin on his face as so many spears faced the blood witch who had lost a limb, scarred face torn face.

"I don't deny but I refuse to lose yet." She laughed as she stood, her powers circling her like a bomb reading to explode. "I'll drag you all to hell with me!" She said psychoticly as a sinister laugh left her lips making him frown.

"I'm afraid I'll have to destroy you like your cheap illusion." He said and then stretched his hand and closed his fist making all the weapons around her to stab her from all angles as her smile froze without a single spear passing through her face.

"I'll give you a befitting burier and curse that you will be just a false tale in the minds of time." He cursed as the ground opened, the witch who had not died screaming as voices shouted in anguish dragging her down to the lower parts of the earth like she was bought property.

The last image I saw of her was a fearful look, a look of realization when she realized she was never coming back.

I felt my mate touch my hand as I looked at him, his eyes opened slightly as he raised his hand to my cheek. He smiled weakly as he breathed softly, nuzzling his cold cheek to my hand.

"I...I love you. Forever and ever." He said weakly as tears fell more violently.

"Your going to be okay? Everything is going to be okay. Just keep your eyes open a little longer." I begged him as I took his hand kissing it over and over again as I prayed for a miracle.

"Your crying...why? If you cry then how do you expect me to be happy over there?" He asked weakly as I squeezed his hand tightly.

"You can't leave me, I need you. Don't go, I can't leave without you." I said as Reid stood in front of us, looking at us as I stared at him.

"Please save his life! Nothing is working, nothing is working at all." I demanded as I held Red closer and it seemed he couldn't see me as his eyes weren't responding to anything.

"There's nothing I can do. He made a deal and we cannot be one again however we are still connected. Red was always destined to die from the beginning, everyone born with a demon is especially if the host has a child."

"Why would he make a deal with you?" I asked as Red turned his head towards me, his lifeless eyes looking at me.

"My first partner, Joses. He died because of me, I didn't save him even when I could and I didn't want the same to happen to you. So please will you promise me you'll take of Goldie, you'll smile everyday no matter what and find happiness even if I don't make it?" He requested and the smile on his face made it difficult to refuse. He didn't cry even with all the pain he was feeling.

"I promise. I love you all the way to the moon." I said as I smiled with the tears falling.

"I...I...love you...all the...way to the moon...and back." He said as his hand dropped and his cold eyes closed but his smile never left.

I could hear my pack howling, Lilith tears and Scythe screaming as I placed a kiss on Red's hair.

Goodbye my love.

Reid
I wasn't one for emotions but Red dying caused a weird feeling in me. I've been alive longer and I've never been connected with any of his ancestors but with him, it was different. He was his other half in a soul and strangely he was a brother to me or rather a son.

I thought humans were emotional beings but seeing a lot of people crying most supernatural than human I decided to take a human image.

My wings disappeared as my hair cut short and styled in a messy violet bed hair. My sclera turned white as my iris turned golden but the tattoos all over my body hidden in my clothes remained while I changed into a regular shirt, leather pants and combat boots.

"As much as it's not my place to interfere with the fates choice, I can save him." I said as I averted my gaze from the halfgod who seemed determined.

"Then save him. Please." He requested in a helpless whisper that had me sigh.

"Your not going to like it but it will save him." I said with a cocky smile.

"Then do it." He decided and I nodded because what I was going to do would change their lives forever.