27

Kyana had never seen a Striga before. It was terrifying, with pits for eyes and a skeleton-like body, she was the true definition of fear itself. Geralt and Kyana, both bearing heavy metal chains, prepared to capture her and keep her in the same place for as long as possible. The Striga saw them at the end of the stairs, her eyes black as pitch and the chains heavy clumps of metal. 

Geralt and Kyana began swinging their chains, gaining momentum with every swing, and hitting the ground loudly when it landed. After it had reached a brilliant speed, Geralt and Kyana threw the chains, each wrapping perfectly around her arms and body, keeping her stuck. The silver burnt the Striga, although her strength was something neither of them anticipated. She broke out of both chains as though they were nothing more than ribbons. She launched herself down, intending to land on Geralt. 

Kyana launched herself at Geralt, knocking him out of the way just in time. The Striga went plowing into a stone table, hitting her head harshly on it. The two Witchers went tumbling, hitting the window softly, Kyana slumped on top of Geralt's chest, listening to his heart beat erratically. He grinned at her. 

"Thank you." She smiled back, getting off of him quickly and bouncing to her feet. 

"Don't mention it." Kyana hurled herself at the Striga, knocking it down with one fail swoop. The Striga tried to punch her in the face, missing by half an inch. Kyana kicked it upwards, straight into the wall, head down. It came at her again, seemingly not getting the point that Kyana could throw her around like a rag doll. Kyana gripped onto the Striga's shoulders, gripping tightly then throwing her into the wall, so hard the stone behind it cracked. 

Geralt, who remained by the window, just watched her, feeling completely useless. She was taking care of herself, she clearly didn't even need him there. The Striga threw multiple punches which never landed, clawed at thin air, even tried forcing Kyana into a wall, to no avail. Kyana wrenched her foot forwards and upwards, her foot landing directly in the Striga's face, sending it flying down the corridor at an unbelievable speed. She looked behind her, sweetly facing Geralt. 

"Having fun?" He chuckled at her comment, following her down the corridor. The Striga staggered to her feet, running towards Kyana to get a few scratches in, but ran straight past her. Geralt tossed her an iron torch holder from the wall, which she held in front of her like a sword. The Striga came running again, to which it was greeted with a very loud, and very forceful hit to the head by the iron. She was hit with it twice more, before the Striga had enough of Kyana. 

She smacked the iron out of her hand, picking her up by the collar and forcing her against the wall. She was raised at least six feet from the ground, her collar providing the Striga with an excellent grip on her. Instead of letting the Striga over power her, Kyana used it as an opportunity to grip onto the Striga's neck with her thighs, squeezing tightly to cut off air supply. The Striga gave up gripping her collar, instead trying to pry her thighs away from the neck. 

"Need help?" Geralt called out teasingly, watching her choke the Striga with only her thighs. Kyana rolled her eyes at Geralt, rolling her body downwards as her hand balled into a fist and hit the top of the Striga's neck. The sudden misconception of balance left the Striga stumbling, and as soon as the fist met her head, the Striga went falling down to the floor. Kyana let of her choke hold, standing up and smiling at Geralt. 

"No thank you." She said lightly, darting down the corridor with a slightly winded Striga on her tail. Geralt breathed out a laugh, watching Kyana leap up onto the wall, push off with her foot and landing higher on the one next to her, then turning mid air to face the Striga, driving her foot into the Striga's face once again. Using magic, the Aard spell in particular, Kyana slammed her fist into the floor, causing it to give way under the Striga. She went tumbling down to the next floor, where she lay, unconscious, surrounded by debris. 

Geralt and Kyana jumped down from the top floor and onto the next one down, careful not to land on the princess. They looked for an opening, a crypt, anything she could have been sleeping in to keep her out of it. When they turned, the Striga was gone. Geralt looked at Kyana, hesitantly walking forwards. The Striga jumped from the ceiling, landing directly on top of Geralt. She picked him up, tossing him over onto one of the pillars. Kyana readied herself to fight again, picking up what looked to be an old fire poker while she threw Geralt. 

The Striga came running for Kyana, who used the poker to throw the Striga's arms down. Kyana kicked, hard. The Striga went flying over the other side of the room, but was soon back on her feet to try again. This time, she succeeded to grab Kyana by her hair, swinging her over into a pillar. Knowing that this success was only a fluke, the Striga made a run for the cell door, attempting to get back to her crypt. A force field of blue stopped her as Geralt's magic kicked in, leaving her without a place to sleep. 

The Striga went running back to Kyana, who was still on the floor. Instead of getting up, Kyana stayed on the ground and thew her legs up, tossing the Striga over the other side of the room. The light of dawn peeked through the window, alerting the Striga to get back to the crypt. Kyana and Geralt had the same idea, running phenomenally fast to beat the Striga to the crypt. They jumped, Geralt knocking the Striga away with a hugely strong shoulder, before gripping Kyana mid air, pressing her face into his chest and landing in the crypt on his back. Kyana helped him with magic to heave the lid over the crypt. When it was fully covered, they spelled it shut, listening to the desperate wailing of the Striga above them, clawing for entrance.