47

Geralt's head perked up, a picture of innocence. Kyana had to hold back a laugh as Jaskier scoffed."Oh we are so having this conversation. Come on, Geralt. Tell me. Be honest." Jaskier got up, standing behind Geralt while asking bitterly; "How's my singing?"

Geralt threw the net in the water before answering. "It's like ordering a pie and finding it has no filling." Jaskier's mouth opened and closed like a fish. Kyana laughed at him, watching his horrified expression grow.

"That's what you get for persisting." 

Jaskier pointed accusingly to Geralt. "You need a nap! Are you trying to hurt my feelings, Geralt? It's down downright indecorous of you, if I'm completely honest-" Jaskier rambled on, although Kyana and Geralt were more interested by the object caught in the net. A beautiful clay pot, light brown with small clasps either sides and a dark brown seal. Kyana noticed that Jaskier had stopped talking, instead looking at the pot with interest. 

"It's a wizard's seal. The djinn." Geralt was thankful to finally have it in his grasp. It was smooth in his hands, free of erosion and rust; the only thing he felt was the ridges in the pottery. 

"Do you mind if I-" Jaskier grabbed into one of the handles, pulling it towards him and meeting Geralt's angry gaze.

"Jaskier." He warned, although Jaskier didn't listen.

"Take it back about my fillingless pie. Take it back, you get your djinny-djinn-djinn." Kyana rolled her eyes, desperate for Geralt to get some sleep and get back to being himself.

"Let go, please Jaskier just give it to him." Kyana pleaded, although he didn't listen.

"No, let go you horses arse!" Jaskier proclaimed, pulling the pot closer to himself. The seal came off the pot in Geralt's hand. Jaskier precariously tipped it, while Kyana and Geralt stared at him for doing that. "Bit of an anticlimax." Jaskier commented whimsically. The wind changed, the sky darkened into an ominous gray, whispers hanging in the air.

"The djinn." Kyana whispered, looking around her to find the source of the sudden change.

"Or is it?" Jaskier continued, looking way too happy with himself. "Djinn, I have freed thee, and as of this day, I am thy lord. Firstly, may Valdo Marx, the troubadour of Cidaris, be struck down with apoplexy and die. Secondly, the Countess de Stael must welcome me back with glee, open arms and very little clothing. Thirdly-" before he had a chance, Geralt pulled him backwards by his collar.

"Jaskier! Stop, there are only three wishes." Geralt's hair, much like Kyana's, blew everywhere, the djinn manifesting and casting its power over them.

"Oh, come on, you always say you want nothing from life. How was I supposed to know you wanted three wishes all to yourself?" Jaskier was getting frustrated, and as was Geralt, who ran on far too little sleep.

"I just want some damn peace!" Geralt yelled back, his eyes blazing with anger and frustration.

"Well, here's your peace!" Jaskier proceeded to throw down the pot, watching as it smashed to smithereens on the floor. Geralt cursed, leaning down to pick the remains up and cutting himself in the process. Kyana helped him, placing small particles into her own hands.

"Guys, guys it's the djinn!" Jaskier choked out, leaning against a tree and almost gasping for breath. Geralt and Kyana threw bursts of magic, blue meeting violet and casting the djinn away. The day immediately turned brighter, the wind quietened. Geralt inspected his arm, which held one, solitary line on it. Kyana's eyes were on Jaskier, watching in confusion as he heaved over, gasping for air.

"Jaskier?" She questioned, leaning down and catching Geralt's attention. Jaskier coughed out blood, heaving in pain. "Geralt, quick, get the horses." Geralt nodded immediately, leaving Kyana to walk Jaskier to the horses to take him to town. She had Jaskier on her horse, finding it easier to manoeuvre around her friend than Geralt would. They rode for a few minutes, discovering a small camping ground.

"Is there a doctor here?" Geralt's voice boomed, hopping from his horse quickly and helping Kyana get Jaskier down. A man spoke, gesturing towards one of the tents.

"Yes, yes. Chireadan, the elf healer, over there." Kyana and Geralt wasted no time, holding an arm each and all but carrying Jaskier to the tent.

Chireadan slumped Jaskier into a chair, his handsome face surveying the damage to his throat with curiosity. "A djinn bottle? It's like a fairy tale."

"Without the happy ending." Geralt commented, happy as ever. "Can you help him?" Jaskier all but clawed onto Chireadan's arms, gasping for air he couldn't take while a huge lump formed in his throat.

"Oh dear." He muttered. Kyana sat next to Jaskier, allowing him to take her hand and grip it tightly in both pain and terror. The elf looked up, and for the first time, Kyana met a man who didn't do a visible double take on her beauty. It was refreshing for her. "I assure you I have received the best medical education right here in Rinde, but these injuries are of a magical nature. I can help with the pain, but it's a bit like." The healer paused, unable to come up with a phrase.

"Putting salve on a tumor?" Geralt referenced, frightening Jaskier even further, who turned his wide eyes to Kyana. She shushed and cooed at him, calming him as best as she could so he could breathe.

"His throat was attacked. If the spell's action isn't halted as soon as possible, that damage might be irreversible." Jaskier let out a small yelp, blood dripping from his mouth. "And the longer he goes untreated, the more likely it is to spread. He could die." Chireadan stated bluntly, mixing different powders to help as best as he could.

"Fuck, Kyana." Jaskier cried out, clutching Kyana's arm even tighter. It hurt like hell, although she refused to rip away his way of transmitting of pain.

"Shh, it's okay, we won't let that happen." Kyana promised, taking the small glass from Chireadan's hand and allowing Jaskier to numb his pain. He drunk all of it eagerly, ready to drown the agony that bubbled in his throat.

"The medicine should buy him a few hours, but he needs a magical remedy. You'll have to take him to another town." Chireadan informed the trio. Geralt looked his way in confusion.

"There isn't a mage here?" Chireadan shook his head in what looked like amusement.

"The mayor says they are dangerous."

"What aren't you saying? Tell me." Geralt demanded. Chireadan looked conflicted in weather to tell him or not, but decided with the former.

"Well there there is one mage."