"Jaskier told me about the rumors, by the way." Geralt informed her, which stopped her movements. She sighed, remembering countless women approach her on her travels to ask if she needed help, or to leave Geralt immediately. 

"I tried to shield you from that, I'm sorry you heard." Geralt raised a dismissive hand. 

"I was going to thank you, for denying them, and for standing up for me." Kyana gave him a soft smile. 

"You're welcome." Silence settled over them for a small while. 

Kyana placed her bag on the small dresser, Geralt watching her from one of the chairs. They were both looking forward to finishing this job, even more so after Borch and the warriors. "At least when we kill this thing we can leave." Kyana's eyes glanced to meet Geralt's, who had just spoken. Every single time she was captured by the pools of melted gold, Kyana fell a little more in love, her stomach rumbled with butterflies, and her soul longed to melt into his. 

"I know, Geralt, and I can't wait. It's a shame Borch was so adamant on us killing the poor thing." Geralt sighed, playing with the hilt of his sword, which stood at his side. He adored the way her voice sounded when she said his name, how it rolled deliciously from her silver tongue and flowed elegantly into her sentence. 

"Well it is our job." He said, pointing out the obvious and pulling back the argument from earlier. Kyana rolled her eyes, muttering under her breath as she ruffled through her bag for one of her night dresses. 

"Fucking hell, here we go again." She murmured lowly, folding a shirt that had gotten twisted. Her tone surprised Geralt, being so blunt, but she was met with an edged reply in return.

"Hey, cut the attitude. I'm not wrong, we kill monsters, this isn't any different." Kyana scoffed, facing him with one of her bandage kits in her hand. 

"Just because I kill monsters, something that's hurting people, does not mean I'll kill every creature in the continent." She fired back, anger and annoyance lacing her tone. "And as for cutting the attitude, make me." Geralt rolled his eyes in frustration.

"Why must you always be like this?" Geralt whispered under his breath, not intending for Kyana to hear. Exactly how Geralt had heard Kyana's comment, she heard his.

"Like what?" Kyana growled, turning her entire body to him to intimidate. "Opinionated? Moral?" Geralt scoffed, copying her actions and facing her.

"Yes! You're always picking and choosing, changing and deciding. It's infuriating, just pick a side!" Kyana glared up at him, her eyes practically red in fury.

"At least I give a damn about the animals and people around me!" She yelled. "You don't care about anyone! All Jaskier is to you is an inconvenience, all I am to you is someone to ease the boredom! You proved that last night with your screaming match!" Geralt's lip quivered in anger

"Why the hell would I let you come with me for all this time if I didn't care!" Kyana scoffed, rolling her eyes and trying to keep herself composed. "Jesus, we make a living together.

"Oh, I see, you care about whatever coin I could put in your pocket. It was always about the money. I risked my life for you, carried you from the Striga, and the first thing you ask for is coin!" Geralt couldn't even find the words he was so furious.

"Coin you earned! You ever wonder why your room is always better than mine in any tavern we stay in? Wonder why your food is always, always plentiful? Your bag is empty one minute and full the next? Every penny you earn, you receive!" Kyana hadn't even realized it. Over the years, Kyana had taken it all for granted. Her silence was confirmation enough for him. "I thought not." Kyana looked to the floor, not knowing what to say. Her mouth opened and closed, her anger fading from her eyes, replaced by guilt. Geralt sighed again.

"I do care about you, Kyana." Kyana met his eyes, seeing the genuine feeling behind the stoic facade. "I have for years. I'm not unfeeling, but I refuse to be treated like I'm less than I am for them." He explained, and suddenly Kyana understood why he tried not to be public with emotions. 

Kyana's brow furrowed in empathy. "Oh, now I get why you like Yennefer, she doesn't treat you like that. I'm sorry for being bitter about her, but we're becoming friends. You can bring her with us if you want." Geralt let out an ironic laugh, standing from his chair to approach her.

"You think I want Yennefer?" Kyana's frown deepened, confusion spreading across her face.

"Well, obviously, she's beautiful and intelligent and powerful." Kyana didn't have the chance to continue her reasoning before being cut off.

Geralt's lips melted into hers. His whole body lit up with a billion nerves, like a fire in dry grass that swiftly scorched every square inch of him. Kyana reacted a lot quicker than he thought she was going to, her heart thumping loudly in her chest as every sense ran on overdrive. Her world stilled, her single, precarious focus resting on his subliminal lips and electrified touch. His hands wrapped around her hips, although she felt his fingers easing small circles into her lower back, calming her anxiety and teasing her skin. Her lips danced with his, a seductive, thrillingly infatuating dance that left him begging for more of her. 

Her hands traveled over his shoulders, igniting a fire wherever she touched and flooding his senses with her. Usually, it was women who melted into him, but with Kyana, he found himself thawing against her like ice against fire, and twice as easily. She had hexed him, enchanted him into the spell of her, pulling and grasping at him to come closer like a magnetic pull. No one had ever made him feel as addictively vulnerable as she did, as utterly desperate to keep her in his arms as she did. 

He reluctantly pulled away to fill his gasping lungs, his lips itching to taste hers again. "But she's not you, is she?" 

Kyana wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him back down to her. She wasn't sure if it was his words that had enraptured her or his lips, although she was willing to silence the former for the latter. His lips met hers again, pulling her swiftly from reality and into a world of crashing intensity, a world that called to her and seduced her into submission. Geralt deepened the kiss, pulling Kyana closer by the waist and coaxing her lips to part, sweet incentives of endearment tugging with a heated promise. Without a seconds hesitance, she parted her lips, allowing him access to deepen the kiss. 

The weight of the world was gone from Geralt's shoulders, and suddenly all he wanted, all he needed was her. He loved her, so fully, so irrevocably, he found himself twice as much in love as he was this morning. He smiled gently, willing to stand there for the rest of his life, as long as he could hold her. 

They parted, more unwillingly than they ever had before, their foreheads pressed together and their breathing matched the others. They opened their eyes, allowing the weight of what they had just done to fall onto them. Kyana knew after this, everything would change. Nothing would ever be the same between them, and they would never see each other in the same way. 

Kyana couldn't wait.