92

The arrow rested at the crook of Kyana's mouth, the fletching worn and torn from use. Kyana inhaled, focusing her Witcher Senses on the mental target on the tree before her. Kyana's shoulders went downwards as she exhaled, allowing the arrow to fly from her hand and land with a thud into the direct place she had chosen for a target. Kyana smiled, drawing another arrow, and aiming once again.

Kyana had loved archery ever since she'd stayed with Aerin; it was her happy place, the best way to get her to think, to breathe steadily. She felt at ease when the bow lay gently in her hand, her eyes surveying the target. Since her heart was sore when Geralt had revealed the bond to Kyana, Aerin pushed her to take up something completely different; something useful that wouldn't link to Geralt at all to take her mind off things. Since Aerin was such an avid archer, Kyana chose to partake in her friend's favourite sport. Aerin was overjoyed, of course, and taught her three hours a day, every day for a month before Kyana started to improve.

Her senses were usually at its peak when she practiced; it was that which made it easy for Kyana to recognize Geralt's whistling from the cart. The whistling surprised her at first, making her jump out of her thoughts, but she soon realized it was Geralt's way of calling to her. Kyana placed the bow over her shoulder, tucking the arrows in her empty scabbard. Kyana partook in a little parkour, gripping onto trees to propel herself forwards and placing her feet at angles, hopping from tree to tree and rising higher before dropping down to the ground with a small thud.

Kyana had to admit, she had been a little upset when Geralt rattled off three women's names without mentioning hers, but she refused to let it effect her image of him; he had said it while being off his face in hallucinations, she had no right in her mind to judge him for his memories resurfacing. It would be like Geralt leaving her or throwing a fit when she said her friend's names, the names of her former acquaintances; it was just plain silly. Besides, Kyana was there whenever Renfri was, and she's friends with Yennefer and Triss, who could see how much she loved Geralt, even way back then. Kyana gripped onto a tree branch and volted herself forwards, landing on both feet just outside of their camp.

"You don't wanna wait for your lass?" She heard Yurga call, removing herself from the shadows and making her way towards him. Kyana tapped on his shoulder, causing him to jump and turn around. "Give me a heart attack will you?" Kyana wiggled the tips of her fingers towards him playfully, as though she had the power to do just that. Geralt cracked a smile and shook his head at her, watching as she placed the arrows and bow in a bag, replacing it by sheathing her sword into the scabbard, and jumped on the cart.

"How're you doing?" Kyana asked him, inspecting the healing wound on his thigh. He shrugged, allowing her to touch it without flinching as much as he had before. Just as Visenna had said, his pain had lessened from a searing, blinding and hallucinogenic-inducing pain, to a numb, stinging sort of pain that was a lot easier to cope with.

"I'm okay, thanks to you." Kyana met his gaze and gave him a small smile, soaking a new bandage in a fresh vial of Swallow before binding his wound. "Listen..." He began, shifting to pull himself upwards a little. "I know I called out names when I slept." Kyana didn't stop in her actions, merely nodding kindly towards him, as unbelievably understanding as she always had been. "There's no excuse for it. They appeared in my hallucination, pointing at you in the real world. You couldn't hear me, but I did call for you."

Kyana shushed him, tying off his bandage and leaning upwards to place a tender kiss on his lips. They were warm and soft; just as they had been the first time she had dared to touch her lips to his. "It's alright, Geralt. I'm not that insecure. I know you love me, and that's all the assurance I need." She reassured, packing away all of her potions and brewing kits into her saddlebag and pushing it towards the other bags. Yurga scoffed from his place in the driver's seat, glancing back at them for a small moment.

"If you ever wrong her I'll wring your neck." Yurga told Geralt, shaking his head as he stared towards the horses he guided. "She's too good for all men." Kyana snorted in turn, shifting her body to slide up the cart and sit shoulder to shoulder with Geralt.

"That's why women are such delightful company." Geralt turned his face to her, an alarmed expression grazing over his face. Kyana looked up at him, shifting her leg to be at a ninety degree angle while her elbow rested atop her knee. She smirked and shifted her gaze to the forest trail, Geralt staring at her, dumbfounded. "What?"

Geralt stared at her a little harder. He couldn't believe Kyana, his Kyana, had lain with women. It was attractive, he had to admit that, how proud and unbothered by her attraction towards both genders she was. Kyana would have stated the fact quite proudly to a priest, even when she knew they would scream and shout at her, she was proud. The ideas fluttering through his mind brought a blush to Kyana's face, something he had noticed in his staring.

He smirked and looked forward, his thoughts becoming filthier and filthier just to tick her off. She nudged her shoulder into his and covered her face with her hands in embarrassment. Geralt chuckled lowly and put his arm around her shoulders slowly, pulling her into his side. Geralt kissed her temple lightly, pulling her body to rest in the nook of his while her hand sat gently on his chest, right above his heart and proudly showing him her ring. They fit together like pieces of a puzzle; warmly and comfortably.

Around a minute later, when Kyana had not stirred, Geralt cast his eyes down to her to find her sleeping peacefully against him, the exhaustion of staying awake for three days straight overtaking her. He smiled, moving a piece of hair out of her face, before closing his own eyes and allowing a deep, dreamless sleep to consume him.