50

The next thing Kyana knew, her white robe went tumbling to the floor, landing in a pool of material around her feet. Not once did Yennefer's gaze move from Kyana's eyes out of respect, simply taking Kyana's hand and leading her towards the bath.

"Turn around." She commanded Geralt. For a split second, Geralt tilted his head to see the two women, then turned so his back was to them. In the years and years he had been travelling with Kyana, he had never seen her in anything less than leathers and the bandage wrapped tightly around her chest, as she had never seen him without leathers. Now, both of them were bare, in the presence of a witch that commanded a mass adultery with a whisper.

His smirk was barely containable when he noticed the mirror was in the correct position to see Yennefer and Kyana. Yennefer noticed this, using her magic to tilt the mirror elsewhere. "That's cheating." He declared, the smirk in tact on his face. Kyana disregarded his statement, believing it to have been aimed at Yennefer and her body, not Kyana's.

"Nobody smart plays fair." Yennefer excused herself, stepping into the water with Kyana behind her. The water was hot, slightly burning Kyana's skin at the sudden temperature change, before settling more and more as she entered the bath. Yennefer sat with her back against the copper rim of the tub, facing Geralt's back. Kyana was guided by Yennefer's hands to sit with her back against Geralt's while facing Yennefer.

Geralt immediately stiffened slightly at the sudden contact. He had heard every movement of the water that led Kyana and Yennefer into the bath, but it still surprised him when he felt her behind him. He knew it was Kyana. He didn't even have to tilt his head. Geralt could smell her, the sweet lavender scent she carried from healing herbs, mixed with leather and steel. He had been with her for so long, he found himself knowing how to detect it from a mile away.

Her skin, although jagged with scars, was soft and as gentle as she was. It didn't feel as though she were a storm of scars and worries and battles, but a kiss from the softest of lips, delicately diminishing all of his worries and doubts.

"Tell me." Yennefer's speech dragged him from his thoughts. "Are all Witchers similarly blessed? Come now, you promised." Kyana hummed, her mind already walking off into the field of thought.

"We all have the same signs to cast, yes." Kyana replied, watching Yennefer mess with a strand of loose hair that had fallen onto the base of her neck. 

"I haven't conducted a survey, but I'd hardly say we're blessed." Geralt commented bitterly, his hand moving to support his chin.

"Oh, don't be so grim." Yennefer retaliated. "You were created by magic. Our magic." She specified. Geralt rolled his eyes, doing his best to ignore Kyana's movements as she ran a hand up and down her calf, easing an aching muscle that had been bruised in battle.

"Thank you, made for a magical childhood." He stated sarcastically, tilting his head just enough to see a mane of blue hair on a bare shoulder.

"Happy childhoods make for dull company." Yennefer stated, washing behind her neck. To see how far she could push Kyana, Yennefer's foot moved from it's position to be on the inside of Kyana's left shin, inching upwards slightly, but remaining in the water. Kyana's eyes snapped up to Yennefer, who smirked knowingly.

"Judging by your wrists and your wits, your childhood was very happy. Aretuza fixed you up nicely. What was your ailment before? Clubbed foot? Split ends?" Yennefer's face fell, her smirk sliding off her features like silk on a bed. Her foot dropped in the water, it's mission forgotten.

"Tell me, are there women that find this coarseness charming?" Geralt wore an amused smile, enjoying the banter exchanged between them. "Maybe some place where they find your coin very charming indeed." Kyana felt as though she wasn't needed in the conversation, therefore played with the water in front of her with her fingers. Her action was noticed by Yennefer, who made it her mission to include her in the conversation when she spoke next.

"You seem to find coin pretty charming yourself. Clearly capitalizing on a political situation here." Geralt spoke, his voice as heavy in the air as the steam.

"I'm serving the stifled people of this town." Yennefer's voice was louder, snapping Kyana back into the real world. "Filling a need." Yennefer commented spitefully, deciding to toy with both of them. Her foot returned to Kyana's leg, this time on her thigh. Kyana jolted backwards slightly at the sudden, unexpected contact, bumping into Geralt. "Ever heard of it?"

"Its fine to fly in the face of overzealous authority, but to pretend it's anything other than making a profit." He trailed off, his head turning slightly to see why Kyana had jolted. He still couldn't see anything, due to the frizzyness of her hair in the steam. All he saw was a blur of flesh, and blue.

"And to pretend you're after a djinn to cure insomnia?" Yennefer retaliated, her foot sliding further up Kyana's thigh. Kyana grabbed her ankle, putting a stop to her movements and moving Yennefer's foot to the side. Yennefer smirked, obliging and putting her foot to the floor.

"Fortunately for you, once I've payed for your kind services, it'll be none of your concern." Kyana didn't need to turn to know he was no longer smiling.

"Fortunately for you, I've determined your company and conversation payment enough." Enraged, Geralt stood straight up, getting out of the bath and leaving Kyana alone with Yennefer. Yennefer watched him leave, naked and carrying his clothes, while Kyana refrained to give him some privacy. "What's the matter?" Yennefer taunted. "Water not suit?"

She received no reply. Now that there was room, Kyana moved backwards, her hair dragging slightly behind her in the water. It had grown considerably longer through the years, as was intended. The mess of sapphire was as famous as Geralt, as well as the molten silver for eyes. Kyana loved her hair, but she didn't love the maintenance it required. 

Yennefer grinned at Kyana. "Now that we're alone." It was as if she glided through the water towards Kyana, who's eyes were definitely not as invested as Yennefer's. Noticing this, Yennefer stood back, sitting against the bath once again. She sighed. "You're so hung up on him, aren't you?"

Kyana's brow furrowed. "What do you mean?" Yennefer rolled her eyes, pushing the sponge over her arm to clean her skin.

"You love him." Kyana's brows met her hairline. "Or at least like him. I'm not sure which is which, if I'm honest." Kyana opened her mouth to protest. "Don't try to deny it, I've been reading your thoughts ever since you got here. Every thought you spend on me you spend a thousand on him."

Kyana gave Yennefer a small smile. "You're wrong, we travel together, we're close friends, that's all that's between us." Yennefer snorted, leaning towards her. She was so close Kyana could feel her breath on her lips, smell the perfume she laced her hair with. 

"I'll believe Aretuza is Heaven before I believe that." Kyana pulled her eyes downwards and to her left to watch the water, angry with herself for displaying her mind so openly. "Neither of us are fools, Kyana. I know you think I'm attractive, and you know I think you're attractive. Nothing should be preventing you from acting on the thoughts that swirl around in that pretty head of yours." Kyana allowed her eyes to meet Yennefer's, finding her even closer than before. "Yet, even as I sit here, open and willing to you, you're still thinking about him." 

Having had enough for one night, Kyana stood from the bath and climbed out, picking up the robe from earlier and placing it on. "Put it this way, Kyana of Cintra." Yennefer toyed with her, leaning against the tub wall with her arms resting on the rim. Kyana played no attention to her, grabbing the dress she had been given and turning to announce her leaving. "If you didn't want him, didn't crave his very existence, didn't ache for his skin on yours," Yennefer hesitated, her eyes travelling over Kyana's annoyed and awaiting face. "then you would have let me kiss you. And your eyes wouldn't betray the clear desire for more when your backs touched."