Canada's Funniest Home Video #4

Fee aged 11 • Luke aged  13 • Darcy aged 15

"Puberty"

***

Puberty is so weird, Luke thought.

Every year in health class, since grade 5, they had talked to them about it in school. About the way their bodies would be changing, about new feelings and experiences and expectations. About... sex.

Again, so weird.

Sometimes it didn't seem to matter much, and other times it was like, everywhere.

These days, it seemed to surround him like a confusing, awkward new phenomenon. A couple summers ago, he'd grown like, four or five inches taller. And, there was suddenly hair, everywhere. His voice had started deepening last year, and continued to grow thicker, lower, raspier. He sweated more, and obviously had to take showers every day. Lots of deodorant, some subtle cologne that his dad bought for him. Some cream to get rid of the stupid zits on his forehead. And shaving.

And, uh. Boners.

Like, a lot of them. At weird, inconvenient times, usually for no good reason.

So annoying.

And there were just so many... feelings. Sometimes random things frustrated him more than they reasonably should. Waking up early in the mornings was suddenly such a chore. He was pretty sure he used to always wake up early with absolutely no issues, but now when his alarm rang, he just wanted to stay curled under the covers wearing nothing but boxers, because, his skin was always so hot and sweaty.

These days, as he was reaching the end of grade 8, the thing that seemed to distress him the most was, well.

Girls.

Sometimes, he found himself staring at their bodies without really even noticing, and then he'd realize and snap out of it, ashamed. Embarrassed about the way it made his skin warmer, made his lower gut stir restlessly, made his dick a little stiffer.

During phys ed, some of the girls wore short-shorts that showed off all the curves and angles and smooth skin of their legs, and tight tank-tops that hugged the dip of their waists and the flat planes of their stomachs and clung onto the shape of, uh, you know. Their boobs.

Boobs.

Another thing that Luke thought was just... weird.

Well, a good kind of weird.

He was definitely noticing them more. It seemed like in the boys' bathroom and locker room, they were all that the guys in his grade were talking about.

About which girls in their classes had the nicest boobs, the biggest ones. Apparently, Joe Rollins started dating Katrina Fischer and when they were making out, she let him see her boobs, and touch them.

A few of the guys were busy musing about the colour of different nipples. Apparently, like guys' nipples, girls' nipples were lots of different shades of pink and red and brown too. Joe said Katrina had darker nipples that were like a mix of pink and brown.