what should a surprise be?

Please vote and comment my boisssss
This is a long one btw

Finally me and my mum made it to the work out centre. It was a dome building made out of glass windows. It looked hella expensive but so cool!!
We all went inside and every inch of the place was covered in work out equipment and people in both human, partly human and wolf form.
I'm so not used to seeing giant wolves it. Taking all this on is going to take a long while still.

I really miss Mia, I wish I could have brought her along. I can't shake this horrible feeling that she's upset. What can I do to make it up to her? What does she even like? I really don't know her at all do I?

Does she have close friends that I could ask? Wait ... she has those two people that came to check up on me right?

No! Don't ask them!

What? Why not?

I don't like them.

Are you still jealous of them?

...

You are arnt you?! You have to get over it for now. I need to make it up to Mia okay?

...

"Earth to Alla" my mum waves her hand in my face.

"Oh, hi sorry I was talking to my jealous wolf" i nervously laugh. "What's up?"

"Oh, okay well I want to introduce you to your new work out partner." My mum calls over Jason... yes Jason, my ex mate. "I called his parents once I knew you were going to find out that your a wolf so they could train you to shift. I obviously didn't know that their son was going to be your mate." My mum looks at me nervously. "Is it going to be awkward?"

"Yes mum, it's going to be very awkward now!" I shout at her.

"Hello Mrs Lenox, is everything okay?" Jason asks coolly, not even looking at me.

"This is my daughter that I asked your parents to train, they told me that you would train her in their stead." My mother points at me.

I smile kindly then I felt something strange hit me in the stomach. It wasn't like a kick or punch, it was more of a feeling, like nervs but much more intense.

'What the fuck was that?'

It's what the boy is feeling my dear

'Excuse me?'

Yeah you can feel his emotions, you can do it to anyone if you allow them into your life.

'Oh cool?'

Jason finally looks at me and gives me a sad smile. I look down and smile.

"So since you two know eachother I'm going to leave you to it. I'll see you for dinner, bye." My mother hurries away  as soon as she felt the awkward energy. Wimp of a woman. Jeez mom seriously?

"So um... I guess you have to teach me to change on demand and that?" I ask, trying to get the awkwardness behind us.

"Yeah I guess" he jumps from one foot to another, clearly awkward and nervous. Something changes in his demeanour and he looks me in the eye. "I need to ask to get the awkwardness out the air, why didn't you choose me? It didn't hurt me but I just need to know Alla."

I want expecting this question so soon fuck! What do i even say? The truth? Will this hurt him though? But wouldn't lying hurt him even worst? Ughh I hate this!!